Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Reflection ... and thanks!  (Read 1952 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« on: April 20, 2018, 05:36:43 PM »

Hey guys!

I was curious so I looked back at the history of this forum.  In 2017, before I started "We Are Gray", there had been seven threads started with 91 total posts.  Of those, 57 were in an "Art" thread that was more of a mod.  :-)

And then ... BOOM!

I know some of y'all think I started this, but I've written stories in this thread before that didn't do anything but sit there.  You guys came and read what I wrote, commented on it, and then started writing other stories. 

Everyone ... thank you.  I know this forum is my highlight and sometimes my sanity.  I am glad to have found a place to be among friends.

Karmack

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 05:45:15 PM »

Hey guys!

I was curious so I looked back at the history of this forum.  In 2017, before I started "We Are Gray", there had been seven threads started with 91 total posts.  Of those, 57 were in an "Art" thread that was more of a mod.  :-)

And then ... BOOM!

I know some of y'all think I started this, but I've written stories in this thread before that didn't do anything but sit there.  You guys came and read what I wrote, commented on it, and then started writing other stories. 

Everyone ... thank you.  I know this forum is my highlight and sometimes my sanity.  I am glad to have found a place to be among friends.

Karmack
Wow Karm...

Well, first off, THANK YOU!  I have to say that I am of the opinion that you DID ignite the spark that started this all  Smiley

Then, with TR and LSG, you guys inspired me to put some thoughts to paper.  BUT the REAL treat is when we started a collaborative continuity (at least, IMO).  Then add in TDC and Illyiss... I mean...wow.  Seriously, the stories that are appearing are just...stellar.  I am in awe of and grateful for EVERYONE who reads, comments, and contributes!

...which leads me back to Karm.  You're the man, brother  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 09:36:40 PM »

Thank you all...
I totally get what you mean, this forum is a great place to put out ideas express some creativity....and it is because of you guys support. It's a great thing all of us reading at just the right time to kick this off...taking that chance to put our own stuff out there - it was daunting posting COTA to start with but I saw on We as Gray how enthusiastic and open every one was and that is the greatest strength I think, no matter what is written however out there we are fascinated by it and you'll get a great welcome!

This is such a great hobby for me now, I never really thought of writing before because I thought no one would be interested now I can't stop coming up with ideas and jotting notes! And the collaborative stories add even more depth.

Here's to all to you friends!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 09:49:51 PM »

Hey Karmack - Thank you sir.

I don't often (hardly ever) read fan fiction, but you most certainly are a pillar here, and throughout the forum.

You bring a persona, kindness, and friendly/want-to-help attitude that is irreplaceable and invaluable.  You also inspire people to be better, and that's perfect IMO.

It certainly wouldn't be the same place without you man.

So, feel good and be proud. Smiley

Points to all. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

TheDrunkenConsular
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 44

Light Side

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 10:40:17 PM »

Mad respect, Karm.

And I promise, I’m not dead.  Either tonight or Sunday I’m going to sit down with a keyboard and a bottle of whiskey and get some chapters posted.  I wouldn’t miss the awesome thing we have going here for anything.

Who says red is only for the bad guys?

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 02:20:35 PM »

LOL  Thanks guys.

Rapine, I thank you.  I just wish we could get more people in here to read!  LOL

Keep it up, guys.  That's all I ask.  This is WAY to much fun to quit!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: