Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sound board type  (Read 5023 times)
Hussar
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« on: April 20, 2018, 06:37:08 PM »

Can someone tell me which sound board this is? And what type of data cable I need for it. And will it work with the Ultrasabers launcher v2.45. This was a mystery box purchase. I'm looking to know if I can customize it like the diamond controller in my other saber.

Thanks for any help, I'm new to playing with these sabers. I was looking to see if anyone created a post showing all the types of sound boards from the different levels of sound boards but haven't found one yet.

PrincessKnowItAll
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 06:43:11 PM »

That is the V3 Obsidian Soundboard and requires a MINI USB DATA Cable. You can use the same Obsidian Launcher that you use for the Diamond Controller, there is an Obsidian Soundboard Tab that you can make your changes to that soundboard. Then you would use the Diamond Controller tab to make changes to your Diamond Saber's sound and colors.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 06:44:28 PM »

Its either an Obsidian V3 or V4.   I have a V4, and my card looks exactly like that one.
The latest Obsidian launcher should work with it.  And it uses the Mini USB cable.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Hussar
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 07:00:10 PM »

Thank you so much for the speedy reply. Are these the only boards that can be updated?

Hussar
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 07:08:08 PM »

Its either an Obsidian V3 or V4.   I have a V4, and my card looks exactly like that one.
The latest Obsidian launcher should work with it.  And it uses the Mini USB cable.

Well my Dark Initiate comes with the v4. And it has the mirco usb. So being new I was confused. I was more just trying to turn down the volumes on the sabers. I have two others that use a completely different board with no connections that I see and need to figure out how to turn them down a bit too if possible.

PrincessKnowItAll
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 07:12:00 PM »

Your Dark Initiate V4 has the Diamond Controller installed if it has a Micro USB port.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 07:36:14 PM »

Well my Dark Initiate comes with the v4. And it has the mirco usb. So being new I was confused. I was more just trying to turn down the volumes on the sabers. I have two others that use a completely different board with no connections that I see and need to figure out how to turn them down a bit too if possible.

Hey Hussar!

Most likely the boards without connections are Obsidian Lite boards.  They don't have controls.  The only way to turn them down that I know of is to mute them.  I find that a circle of sound insulation installed snugly into the pommel works pretty well, but make sure to leave a decent air gap between the speaker and the mute or you will damage the speaker.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Hussar
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 08:08:41 PM »

Karmack, thanks for tip Smiley

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 08:20:48 PM »

A piece of sponge might work for just lowering the volume.  It'd be porous at least...

PKIA:  Is there a way to tell between a V3 and V4?  I thought they were identical...lol

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

PrincessKnowItAll
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2018, 10:11:37 PM »

The V4 soundboard has a green dot on the board.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 11:27:04 PM »

Sweet. 

..and all the points to PKIA!  (That one made it higher than your post count) Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

PrincessKnowItAll
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2018, 12:45:50 PM »

Thanks LR! Now they are even Wink

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2018, 01:31:50 PM »

Nope. Tongue

DarthTavion
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -23

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2018, 11:36:31 PM »

A piece of sponge might work for just lowering the volume.  It'd be porous at least...

PKIA:  Is there a way to tell between a V3 and V4?  I thought they were identical...lol
Or foam rubber, maybe a piece of a cotton ball...

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: