Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Joker jedi advice  (Read 4356 times)
Vlad Seto
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

Let the fire be your light in darkness.

« on: April 20, 2018, 08:06:52 PM »

Okay so ever since I learned Mark Hamill voiced the Joker in Batman the animated series years ago I always wanted to do a Joker Jedi cosplay I got the general outline of the costume in my head but the lightsaber is what I'm stumped with which hilt should I go with and purple or green blade?

SNEAKING AROUND IS NEVER GONNA PAY OFF!

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 08:15:40 PM »

My first two choices would be the Monarch, as the ball shaped pommel could look like a gentleman's walking stick, and go with a blade length that lets you seem to use it as such (though that could seem more Penguin), or the Brood Guard.  Alternately, a pair of dark Standard issue, one green, one purple, as a staff, with green and purple candy striping on the hilts...

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 08:39:09 PM »

As far as blade color goes, you have definitely narrowed it down to the two likely colors of purple and green. For me personally the deciding factor would be specifically what the costume looks like. You mentioned Mark Hamill, is there a particular version of the animated Joker that your costume is based off of? Like the main color of Joker's suit and pants is usually purple with a green collared shirt underneath so if you went with purple it would certainly match the rest of the costume, on the flip side a green saber could also look nice as it highlights his secondary color of green. Though it might be too close to Riddler, something to think about I guess.

As far as hilt style, that's a toughie. Taking a hard look at the hilt index, none of them really pop out as Jokery, personally. Illyiss might be onto something with the Monarch. I think that some customization would be in order for making it to fit Joker's style which for staffs is somewhat elegant, at least from what I have seen of Joker over the years. After taking a good hard look at it, yeah, I guess the Monarch would get my vote. It's probably the most elegant.

Oh, and can't wait to see what you have in mind for the costume. It sounds like an epic idea for a mashup.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 08:47:14 PM »

I will also here note that the Joker should have a RED blade.  He is clearly Sith. Wink

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Vlad Seto
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 09:16:05 PM »

As far as blade color goes, you have definitely narrowed it down to the two likely colors of purple and green. For me personally the deciding factor would be specifically what the costume looks like. You mentioned Mark Hamill, is there a particular version of the animated Joker that your costume is based off of? Like the main color of Joker's suit and pants is usually purple with a green collared shirt underneath so if you went with purple it would certainly match the rest of the costume, on the flip side a green saber could also look nice as it highlights his secondary color of green. Though it might be too close to Riddler, something to think about I guess.

As far as hilt style, that's a toughie. Taking a hard look at the hilt index, none of them really pop out as Jokery, personally. Illyiss might be onto something with the Monarch. I think that some customization would be in order for making it to fit Joker's style which for staffs is somewhat elegant, at least from what I have seen of Joker over the years. After taking a good hard look at it, yeah, I guess the Monarch would get my vote. It's probably the most elegant.

Oh, and can't wait to see what you have in mind for the costume. It sounds like an epic idea for a mashup.
Yeah I agree with some modifications the Monarch I can make it look Jokery and I can't wait to create it thank you both for your advice it really helps.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 11:56:55 PM »

I've gotta say purple blade with green foc. As it is a Luke Joker mixup, I'd lean toward Luke's ep6, but paint parts of it with the purple, green, white color scheme. Don't paint it well either. The joker would slop the paint on. I imaging Luke slipping in and out of insanity cackling like the Joker, then returning to Luke's reflective thoughtfulness and back to a joke again. He's the Joker as a jedi, as much as he could try to be... "No. I'll never join you. Well maybe just this once, HA HA HA." Ignites saber and starts randomly slicing things. "Use my anger?! But I'm having such a good time!!" Slice slice slice.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 12:50:25 AM »

Oh, I cannot wait to see this costume.

Oh yeah, couldn't help but post this, not quite on point but forgive me.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agcc7w8YmHo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agcc7w8YmHo</a>

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Vlad Seto
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 01:09:18 AM »

Oh, I cannot wait to see this costume. Are you actually painting, as in slopping actual paint on? Tricky stuff, but certainly doable.

Oh yeah, couldn't help but post this, not quite on point but forgive me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agcc7w8YmHo

I will sloppily paint it maybe write HA HA HA in yellow across the hilt it'll take me a while to get even the costume in general together but I hope to have it all complete before episode 9

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 01:12:53 AM »

I will sloppily paint it maybe write HA HA HA in yellow across the hilt it'll take me a while to get even the costume in general together but I hope to have it all complete before episode 9

That gives you some time to work then, very good. Can't wait to see.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 02:52:57 AM »

Should be an interesting look when you get it done.
But I agree with Illyiss above. Joker would definitely be Sith. A very FUN Sith, admittedly, but a Sith

revenantdsm
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2018, 10:34:47 AM »

Just a thought regarding the blade color- purple or green... you could always set the saber to pulse idle between both colors, slowly... that would probably look badass.

Also, you will NEED a custom soundfont- mad cackle with the clash, some zippy line with the stab sound over it, “he swings and he misses!” Joker voiced quip on swing, etc... the opportunity is just too good to pass up... Wink

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 04:04:54 PM »

Wait until Halloween stores to open up since that'll give you plenty of time, get a good quality Joker costume, use the shirt as sort of an inner tunic look, maybe get purple outer tunic pieces made then to kinda match the theme Tongue Just a thought on that though. Like you can tell at the stores which Joker costumes are the better ones and which aren't. I like the idea with the Monarch though

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2018, 04:18:02 PM »

I will look forward to your results....

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 05:32:49 PM »

Here are a few creative ideas from other cosplayers:

Needless to say there are so many great ideas that can come from mashup costumes. Normally a Jedi/Sith wouldn't have an acid-spraying flower on one tabbard, but with a Joker mashup anything is possible.  Grin

I will look forward to your results....

I knew you'd be around here, BatMike. I was waiting for it.  Grin

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2018, 05:39:24 PM »

Wait until Halloween stores to open up since that'll give you plenty of time, get a good quality Joker costume, use the shirt as sort of an inner tunic look, maybe get purple outer tunic pieces made then to kinda match the theme Tongue Just a thought on that though. Like you can tell at the stores which Joker costumes are the better ones and which aren't. I like the idea with the Monarch though

Halloween stores are not places to get good quality costumes.  Costumers, legit costume shops, seamstresses/tailors; these are places to get quality costumes.  Or DIY can be as well. 

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: