Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Question on Stunt sabers  (Read 2075 times)
cjohnson
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 25

« on: April 22, 2018, 10:42:54 AM »

I ordered 3  $75 mystery boxes. I realize there is a chance of getting one with sound which is great but I really need a stunt saber and a backup. I have 18 lightsabers now and all have sound except for my current stunt saber. So I have a question.
Can sound be added at some point in the stunt sabers? More than likely after saber retirement. We can't use sound while competing but when I'm done with it and use it for display later I'd like to add sound if possible for use doing choreography and exhibitions.

Looking forward to getting these 3 mystery boxes. 1 coming on Monday and 2 coming on Tuesday. These will be my first Ultra Sabers and I've watched a ton of videos on them. They look extremely comfortable and I hear customer service is great. I'll be doing unboxing videos on them of course.

Also I saw a few videos of the LED getting pushed into the switch as it's free floating in the hilt. Is there a way for me to stop this from happening?  I understand we beat the crap out of our stunt sabers which I'm sure is the cause of that happening and the normal person would probably never have a problem like that.

By the way Thank all of you at Ultra Sabers! I ordered all 3 less than a week ago and they'll all be here in less than a week from ordering to delivery! THAT IS INCREDIBLE!!!!

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Craig

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 12:38:18 PM »

Hey there cjohnson,

It is indeed possible to add/upgrade a stunt to sound. Smiley  You can send it in, and US will do that. Smiley

Another thing though is an Obsidian V4 sound board.  It has a mute function. Wink

Welcome to the forum BTW.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

cjohnson
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 06:17:44 PM »

That's good to know. I have an idea of a custom saber I want to build and US has all the parts and it will have all the goodies. I just have to convince the wife that I NEED another saber. I have 10 more coming right now including the 3 US. Lol

I'm looking forward to receiving the first 3 and seeing how they stack up against my current stunt saber. From what I've heard I know I'll be happy with them.   

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 09:25:32 AM »

STAND BACK FOLKS!  HE'S GOING ALL IN...LOL

10?!  That's up there for all at once. Smiley 

If you're capable of doing the work yourself, and adept at soldering and such, you can do a DIY upgrade.  That's what I do.

Know that any alteration or amendment to the electronics before the one year warranty expires will void it.  I'm confident/crazy enough though. Tongue

So, rather than buying a completely new saber (if it's deemed that you cannot), you could just scoop up all of the required parts to upgrade one you already own. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

cjohnson
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 03:35:35 PM »

Well I build cars from the ground up daily so I should be able to do it myself. Both of the ones I got yesterday are really comfortable hilts. They're definitely worth upgrading down the line. I'll be customizing them today but I'm going to do individual reviews on each hilt before I do.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 04:07:35 PM »

Hey there cjohnson,

It is indeed possible to add/upgrade a stunt to sound. Smiley  You can send it in, and US will do that. Smiley

Another thing though is an Obsidian V4 sound board.  It has a mute function. Wink

Welcome to the forum BTW.
As long as the stunt in question is NOT a V2 series.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 04:12:56 PM »

Quite right Darth Logos. Smiley

-1 for the good catch. Wink

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 04:24:40 PM »

Quite right Darth Logos. Smiley

-1 for the good catch. Wink
After watching the unboxing vid, I saw he received a Dom LE V2.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 04:28:32 PM »

I even remarked that, since I have a Dom V2.  I also have a drill press though. Tongue

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 04:39:55 PM »

I even remarked that, since I have a Dom V2.  I also have a drill press though. Tongue
Are you thinking if widening the bore? Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 05:18:07 PM »

Sound vents m'man.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 05:26:16 PM »

Sound vents m'man.
ô¿o How are you adding sound to a V2?

Sig by For Tyeth

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 08:19:51 PM »

I'd guess a non-Obsidian sound board. Not something I've investigated, but I seem to recall it's possible based on a few projects I've seen.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 02:47:09 AM »

It's possible based on some of the boards at TCSS, definitely not with an Obsidian board, though

cjohnson
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2018, 04:05:03 AM »

Definitely there are soundboards that will fit it. My custom Dooku hilt soundboard would definitely fit. i'm doing a review of it tomorrow on my youtube channel.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: