Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: It has begun, the start of my steampunk sithlord costume.  (Read 5350 times)
GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« on: April 22, 2018, 12:57:20 PM »

I needed a break from uni assignments, so I decided to start my steampunk sith lord costume. I have begun working on an half mask. I bought some phantom half masks and spray painted one of them an aged copper colour. I pulled apart some steampunk goggles I bought last year and plan to repaint and glue the right hand goggle on to the mask. Not sure what colour yet, maybe a gold colour. I have some parts from old toys that I will repaint and glue on to the mask.

Clean mask.

Mask after painting.

Goggle.

Mask + Goggle.

Parts.

Let me know what you think of my efforts so far. I am open to any suggestions.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Matt Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -170

Matt Akur

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 01:49:24 PM »

I really like the look of the mask with the goggles. It's going to be a great project with so much possibilities. Can't wait to see more.
Have fun!  Cool

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 05:34:52 PM »

Looks pretty good to me, now you need good makeup glue and some rubber scars so it looks like an implant, or is that taking it to far?

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 05:42:26 PM »

Nice. We will kill the Resistance Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 05:43:20 PM »

Looks pretty good to me, now you need good makeup glue and some rubber scars so it looks like an implant, or is that taking it to far?

What is this "too far" ? Wink

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 06:53:57 PM »

Looks awesome, I like the copper theme. I'm also working on a few steampunk accessories to coincide with my Sith costume but I'm going the silver and pewter colored route. How much are you planning on adding to your costume. Like are you going to steampunk a belt, a saber, etc.?

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 07:52:23 PM »

Definitely liking the idea of making this look like an implant

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 10:23:29 PM »

You can actually make your own prosthetics with liquid latex and of course the design and shape is totally up to you. Its something I've always wanted to try but haven't gotten around to it. You might be able to put the mask on and make scar tissue prosthetics for the rim of the mask, kind of like extra skin. I'm hoping to try that for my own costume but not quite there yet.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 11:10:04 PM »

Nice Gerda!  The copper beautifully compliments the optical accessory, perfect for your steam punk Sith!  Can't wait to see more!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 12:13:29 PM »

Thanks guys, I like the idea of the implant and the scars.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 12:15:14 PM »

Looks awesome, I like the copper theme. I'm also working on a few steampunk accessories to coincide with my Sith costume but I'm going the silver and pewter colored route. How much are you planning on adding to your costume. Like are you going to steampunk a belt, a saber, etc.?

I'm sure about the saber yet but I will be going to steampunk other parts of the costume.

Maldracai
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 01:12:35 AM »

If I could make one tiny suggestion / request... please don't just stick those little gears on randomly, make em look like they do something! Cheesy

Taste my Gauntlet, it's the flavour of defeat.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 03:09:10 AM »

Maldracai makes an excellent point here

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 05:07:05 AM »

Maldracai makes an excellent point here
If I could make one tiny suggestion / request... please don't just stick those little gears on randomly, make em look like they do something! Cheesy

Naturally, everything will have a purpose.

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2018, 01:32:53 PM »

I haven't had much time to do work on the mask but I have made small progress.

I'm still trying figure out how to connect the two gold parts either wire or plastic tube. I haven't glue the parts on yet.

I like the combination of aged copper, pure gold and black colours.

I'm thinking of spray paint my Aeon with the copper and gold colours, then add some black leather wrapping.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: