Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grey Jedi- do they have a tite..?  (Read 4176 times)
revenantdsm
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -8

« on: April 29, 2018, 01:31:31 AM »

So- do Grey Jedi have a title , like “Darth”  seems to be a title for Sith Lords, or “Ren” for the Knights of Ren..?

Feel free to theorycraft here, too. Smiley

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 01:58:29 AM »

I think "Greys" is the more commonly used term, at least from what I've seen. They're pretty individualistic, would be pretty cool if there did become a Grey Order or something.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

revenantdsm
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 02:57:09 AM »

Fair enough. I can always start something... Wink

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 05:10:29 PM »

Seeing as how there is no order they belong too, a title wouldn't be a thing they'd be likely to hold. Unless it was given independent of being a Gray Jedi, such as for rescuing someone or something of the like.... I would imagine at least. I suppose there could be a loose order but not likely.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 05:50:17 PM »

The Jedi Order is not nor claims to be perfect. They are dedicated to the light, not immune to the dark. The Sith believe the dark is stronger. They are generally selfish in their motives, as that is the effect the dark side has on the user who embraces it. The Jedi dogma is a set of methods to avoid allowing the dark side to over take someone. This does not mean the individuals are immune to the dark. Grey Jedi are Jedi who believe the dark is somewhat usable/approachable without falling to it. Most eventually fall. The grey Jedi title would be the same title a Jedi might have. Any Jedi could consider bending the rules.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 04:12:13 AM »

I believe that there are some titles, but I am by no means the expert on Gray Jedi. I know that forum members Karmack and TheDutchman have written quite a bit of Fan Fiction that involves Gray Jedi (I highly recommend reading it), and they would probably have a better answer for you on this.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 09:56:52 PM »

I like the explanation Pablo Hidalgo gave (one of the few in recent years I did like).  You are either a Jedi, Sith or Grey.  Now you can be "Light" Grey or "Dark" Grey.  Examples would be Ahsoka and Asajj Ventress.  Ahsoka was Grey but leaned much closer to the light and Ventress the opposite (this is later near the end of her life of course).  I believe the Imperial Knights from the EU were considered Grey

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 01:35:51 PM »

I think Grey Jedi titles would be like, Count, or Duke. Maybe Baron?  Wink

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 03:01:25 PM »

I think Grey Jedi titles would be like, Count, or Duke. Maybe Baron?  Wink

I like Baron, but it sounds like they would be trying to make themselves better than the others because it was a high cultural rank, that could be one for the Dark Grey, light cold maybe do something else. (I have no idea what a humbler counterpart to Baron would be)

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 10:31:47 PM »

Many of the Gray orders have adopted the ranks that appear on the Wookipedia.  But for a title, the Mak'Tor simply use the term "Knight".  Gray Knights, Silver Knights for more advanced, and "Sage" for the most advanced, in keeping with our association with the Song of the Maker.

To put it into a more formal format...   Ar'Nor'Mack, Silver Koawan, Knight of the Mak'Tor Order.   Ka'A'Mack, Meanowan Master, Sage of Song, Knight of the Mak'Tor Order.

Ironically, the title "Jedi" has become pervasive for non-Sith force users.  So you have Jedi, Gray Jedi, Dark Jedi, etc...    Jedi tend to refer to us as Grays.  But we of the Mak'Tor refer to ourselves as Knights.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 05:11:05 AM »

I believe that there are some titles, but I am by no means the expert on Gray Jedi. I know that forum members Karmack and TheDutchman have written quite a bit of Fan Fiction that involves Gray Jedi (I highly recommend reading it), and they would probably have a better answer for you on this.
Many of the Gray orders have adopted the ranks that appear on the Wookipedia.  But for a title, the Mak'Tor simply use the term "Knight".  Gray Knights, Silver Knights for more advanced, and "Sage" for the most advanced, in keeping with our association with the Song of the Maker.

To put it into a more formal format...   Ar'Nor'Mack, Silver Koawan, Knight of the Mak'Tor Order.   Ka'A'Mack, Meanowan Master, Sage of Song, Knight of the Mak'Tor Order.

Ironically, the title "Jedi" has become pervasive for non-Sith force users.  So you have Jedi, Gray Jedi, Dark Jedi, etc...    Jedi tend to refer to us as Grays.  But we of the Mak'Tor refer to ourselves as Knights.  :-)
Special thanks to TR and his endorsement  Smiley

As with Karm, my Gray Jedi tend towards the honorifics "Master," "Knight," "Apprentice" but also include the admittedly non-canon ranks of "Kage," "Maenowan," "Kaowan," and "Teidowan" which I had researched on SWFanon.  Although the rank that I incorporated into my Gray Jedi is the position of "Arbiter" an analog to the Jedi Order's position that Mace Windu occupied, basically second only to the Kage.  Then, below those two positions was the Council of Balance, occupied by Gray Masters, each with the honorific of "Speaker," ranging from "First Speaker" to "Seventh Speaker" (for the 7 members of the Council of Balance). 

I hope this helps/sounds interesting to you!  Allow me to echo TR: I would HIGHLY recommend that you check out Karm's and TR's submissions in the Fan Fiction section.  And if you're so inclined, you can read my own as well to get a better idea about the positions in the Gray Jedi  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

revenantdsm
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 11:21:25 AM »

Great stuff, everyone- thank you, time to get some reading going!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: