Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: $1000 to spend: Advice for starting a saber club at my school  (Read 2127 times)
Okmit
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 30, 2018, 06:35:29 PM »

Hello Everyone,
   I am new to this forum and am new to the concepts of forum posting. I purchased an ultrasaber a couple of months ago and am so happy with it. I am a teacher and I want to start a club at my school to teach saber choreography. I am part of a group that does it already and I would like to spend about $1000 at ultrasabers to buy sabers for the next school year. My thought is that I would buy 12 $75 mystery boxes with the ultraedge heavy blades (making them $85) as I would get a variety of sabers (most likely) that I could hang on the wall in my classroom to excite students and get them into the club. Do you think that this is a wise way to spend the $1000 or should I purchase less expensive stunt sabers? I know that I could get more than a dozen if I purchased a bunch of the less expensive types, but I figure that I would ultimately get a cooler looking set of sabers if I get the mystery boxes.  I would love feedback soon if you have any, as I want to buy them before the end of the current sale.  Thanks for your help!

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 08:10:56 PM »

it honestly depends on what age group you are going for, if they are younger I would suggest the initiate V2 and get a variety of colors, if they are older I would suggest exactly the same but instead of the initiate get the Aeon V2. I have both of those and they are very comfortable and inexpensive, although I prefer the regular heavy-grade instead of the ultraedge.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 08:31:42 PM »

Hey Okmit!

If you're going to duel you'll want HG blades and 32" minimum length.  If you take the least expensive hilt on the US site - the Initiate V2 - and only upgrade the blade to a 32" HG, the price is ... $74.99.

One penny less than the Mystery Box.

So you'd save $10.  That would allow you to buy one extra at 13 if you get them all the same.

But honestly, part of the fun will be the variety of hilts.  You're not actually going to save a lot of money ordering all Aeon V2s or Initiates.  And you might get some really cool ones to spice up your selection. The only real risk would be that you might a LOT of one kind with the same color, but that hasn't happened a lot on single, large orders that I have seen.  Usually you get a pretty good mix of colors and hilts.

So for me, I'd go with the 12 mystery boxes.

And don't forget to get a raffle entry!  And with that kind of $$$ spent you should be able to get a free Initiate as well, so bonus!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 08:41:23 PM »

If you are doing the Mystery Boxes for a chance at sound then I would do that. If that doesn't matter to you I would do Grab Bags instead. The GB are $70 with a blade (and you can pick heavy duty at no additional charge). So with that done you can get a couple more sabers with the money. Or for $5 to $10 extra per saber you can pick the color. So that would make them $75 to $80 so still cheaper.

Either way of you just want stunts sabers I would do the GB instead of the MB.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SpaceKarate
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 09:00:59 PM »

If it were my class, I would want complete control over the first order (pun unintentional but still wonderful) and I would purchase 2 team sets of 5 stunt sabers each and 2 sabers with sound.  Something like:

5 x Dark Initiate LE V4 - ALL RED RAWR

5 x Initiate LE V4 - 3x blue 2x green

1 x Dark Prophecy V3 with sound - RED

1 x Prophecy V3 with sound - Purple

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 02:20:23 AM »

Hi.  We need more information to really help give you some guidance.  What is your intention for these sabers.  Is it for learning how to safely duel, spinning, individual patterns such as one might do in a martial arts, theatrical performance, etc.

Next would be the age group and how many may be female as their hand and grip size likely would be smaller.

There is big emphasis on the safety side of using a lightsaber... especially within a group of enthusiastic younger beginners.

You would want sabers within a class that generally are called " workhorses ".  This means streamlined with a comfortable hand grip, easier to use and learn proper body alignment.  Also sturdy enough to be dropped multiple times without causing either electronic malfunction or significant body damage to the saber aluminum.  AAA quality name brand rechargeable batteries should be sufficient for these stunt sabers.

They generally are the style lines of the Aeon/Dominix/Initiate in v2, v3, v4 and the Sentinel/Apprentice which is considered a v4 because of the time relation they became available to the first saber.

Heavy grade UE 32" blades are a good standard choice and can sustain a lot of punishment.  Are meant for hard core combat which should not be the level your school would be starting at.  They can cause bruising.  If the sabers won't always have blades in them when turned on then blade plugs are a must to protect your student's eyes.  The LED's are bright and the temptation to shine the light directly into another's eyes is always there.  

Let us know about your club vision and we will assist you to make that happen.  There is a chance that if you make a bulk order that you could receive a % reduction or a free saber or other saber related articles.

Suggest contacting Marlena at  customerservice@ultrasabers.com  to further discuss the sales part.  Smiley

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 02:29:17 AM »

All $75 mystery boxes, and keep the best one(s) for yourself ...muaaahaaahaaaa

Don't forget your free initiate and free mystery box for spending that much too.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: