Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Avengers: Infinity War Discussion *spoilers*  (Read 19294 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 07:36:24 AM »

I didn't get to watch the ending scenes (we had to leave before it got to them), but I did finish the movie. And while I am confused (not having read this Infinity Gauntlet arc), I do think everything will end working out.
What confused you? And this movie only has a few parts in common with thr actual Infinity Gautlet comic. So, I wouldn't worry if you haven't read it.

I didn't get to watch the ending scenes (we had to leave before it got to them), but I did finish the movie.
Check out the video I posted above. It explains all about the post credit scene and what it means for upcoming movies.

EDIT: Also, where are Valkyrie and Sif?
I believe it's during the scene between Rocket and Thor when they're heading off to meet giant Peter Dinklage that Thir confirms that Thanos killed half of the Asgardians that were on the ship.

It has been confirmed in interviews with Kevin Feige and the Russo brothers that Valkyrie  Korg and Miek are in escape ship with half the Asgardians.

As for Sif, real world answer is actress Jamie Alexander is currently starring in a tv show that is going quite well (o forget the name of it), and couldn't fit Ragnarol into her schedule. So that means Sif was not on Asgard during the events of Ragnarok, which allows Marvel the opporunity to bring the character back in future movies if they wish.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2018, 10:46:48 AM »

I didn't get to watch the ending scenes (we had to leave before it got to them), but I did finish the movie. And while I am confused (not having read this Infinity Gauntlet arc), I do think everything will end up working out. We only have two movies to go in order to resolve what is happening before the next Avengers movie, so we will see how it works. One thing I do hope happens is that they at the very least kill one person in AoS. If they don't. . . Well, lets just say I won't be happy. It was sad to see Peter die, but because he already has a sequel to Homecoming planned, I know that he will somehow make it back alive.

EDIT: Also, where are Valkyrie and Sif?

Mirroring Knox's question; What confused you? 

As for Sif, real world answer is actress Jamie Alexander is currently starring in a tv show that is going quite well (o forget the name of it), and couldn't fit Ragnarol into her schedule. So that means Sif was not on Asgard during the events of Ragnarok, which allows Marvel the opporunity to bring the character back in future movies if they wish.

You think we're going to get female Loki?

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2018, 05:49:37 PM »

Just confused in that this is the only MCU movie where things weren't resolved, and I don't understand (yet) how it's all going to work out. Not confused in that the movie was confusing. Movies rarely confuse me in that way.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2018, 06:05:40 PM »

Just confused in that this is the only MCU movie where things weren't resolved, and I don't understand (yet) how it's all going to work out. Not confused in that the movie was confusing. Movies rarely confuse me in that way.
Things WERE resolved. This movie has a very well defined beginning, middle and end. The only thing that differs is that the bad guy won.

Think about it this way, if things were different and the movie ended with one of the heroes sitting down, watching a sunset with a little smile on their face, we would all be happy. It's only because Thanos is the bad guy that some people think the movie is "unresolved".

Yes, we all know that there are sequels, new chapters and further instalments coming down the line. However, that has been the case with the previous 18 MCU movies.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2018, 07:15:26 PM »

Things WERE resolved. This movie has a very well defined beginning, middle and end. The only thing that differs is that the bad guy won.

Think about it this way, if things were different and the movie ended with one of the heroes sitting down, watching a sunset with a little smile on their face, we would all be happy. It's only because Thanos is the bad guy that some people think the movie is "unresolved".

Yes, we all know that there are sequels, new chapters and further instalments coming down the line. However, that has been the case with the previous 18 MCU movies.
I would say the bad guy "won". Emphasis on the quotes. I suspect one of 2 possible outcomes:

1) The remaining Avengers somehow manage to retrieve the gauntlet and use the power to reverse what was done.
2) Thanos realizes that he was wrong and reverses it himself.

Assuming that the end was "the end" would have been tantamount to watching ESB and thinking "This sucks. Han's dead. Luke's beat to hell, and clearly no match for Vader. The Rebellion is scattered and on the run. Who make a movie like this?"

I'd like to know...........was I the only one that sympathized with Thanos?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2018, 07:28:03 PM »

I would say the bad guy "won". Emphasis on the quotes. I suspect one of 2 possible outcomes:

1) The remaining Avengers somehow manage to retrieve the gauntlet and use the power to reverse what was done.
2) Thanos realizes that he was wrong and reverses it himself.

Assuming that the end was "the end" would have been tantamount to watching ESB and thinking "This sucks. Han's dead. Luke's beat to hell, and clearly no match for Vader. The Rebellion is scattered and on the run. Who make a movie like this?"
This movie has ended. Thanos achieved his goal. The next movie will obviously focus more on what the heroes and remaining half of the universe do to cope/try and reverse what was done.

Here are things we know will happen in the next movie:

1- Spiderman will be back (his sequel is already confirmed).
2- Captain Marvel will play a big role
3- The quantum realm we will see in Antman & the Wasp will factor in in some way
4- Antman will appear (Paul Rudd has already confirmed this)
5-  Black Widow will not die (Marvel have currently interview 32 directors to direct a solo Black Widow movie)

While Black Panther's movie made all the money, a sequel has not officially been greenlit yet. Chances are high he will return. Although, in the comics, Shuri has become Black Panther herself, so that's an option.

I'd like to know...........was I the only one that sympathized with Thanos?
I wouldn't say "sympathised" per se, but definitely totally understood his motivations and reasonings. Didn't agree with him though. But that is one of the special things about this movie. Kevin Feige and the Russo brothers always said this movie will be from Thanos' perspective and they delivered. He is completely three dimensional and not at all brash and moustache twirly kind of evil. He was full of conviction that what he was doing was right and truly believed that the universe will thank him.

On a separate note, I will say that Ebony Maw (the Voldemort looking magical Black Order minion) is also one of the best MCU villains we've had. Would have loved to see more of him in the film. But alas, he went the way of the Xenomorph (in that really old movie).

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2018, 08:37:24 PM »

This movie has ended. Thanos achieved his goal. The next movie will obviously focus more on what the heroes and remaining half of the universe do to cope/try and reverse what was done.
I simply meant that that they aren't done dealing with Thanos. The "end" of a story typically happens when the villain has been thwarted. My gut tells me the closing events are not final, merely a heart-wrenching setback. But yes, Infinity War is over. I was a little surprised that he acquired the stones so quickly. Of course the more he acquired the more powerful he became, especially after he gained the Space Stone.

Here are things we know will happen in the next movie:

1- Spiderman will be back (his sequel is already confirmed).
2- Captain Marvel will play a big role
3- The quantum realm we will see in Antman & the Wasp will factor in in some way
4- Antman will appear (Paul Rudd has already confirmed this)
5-  Black Widow will not die (Marvel have currently interview 32 directors to direct a solo Black Widow movie)

While Black Panther's movie made all the money, a sequel has not officially been greenlit yet. Chances are high he will return. Although, in the comics, Shuri has become Black Panther herself, so that's an option.
Plus, y'know.......it said Thanos will be back. Grin He quickly earned a place of respect in my book of great villains.

I wouldn't say "sympathised" per se, but definitely totally understood his motivations and reasonings. Didn't agree with him though. But that is one of the special things about this movie. Kevin Feige and the Russo brothers always said this movie will be from Thanos' perspective and they delivered. He is completely three dimensional and not at all brash and moustache twirly kind of evil. He was full of conviction that what he was doing was right and truly believed that the universe will thank him.
I was so happy. One can only take so many 2D villains. That scene when he acquired the Soul Stone.....ugh. Ripped my heart out. Not because Gamora died, but what Thanos went through in weighing the choice, and also her final realization that he truly did love her.

I also chimed up with a victorious (yet not overly boisterous) "I knew it" when Red Skull showed up.

On a separate note, I will say that Ebony Maw (the Voldemort looking magical Black Order minion) is also one of the best MCU villains we've had. Would have loved to see more of him in the film. But alas, he went the way of the Xenomorph
I was happy just to hear him shut up.

(in that really old movie).
#@$% you, Spider punk-ass. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2018, 08:51:34 PM »

On a separate note, I will say that Ebony Maw (the Voldemort looking magical Black Order minion) is also one of the best MCU villains we've had. Would have loved to see more of him in the film. But alas, he went the way of the Xenomorph (in that really old movie).

All I could think of when I saw him was The Banking Clan, and Darth Plagueis.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2018, 09:03:10 PM »

Yeah. He rubbed me as bad SW alien.

Sig by For Tyeth

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2018, 09:14:57 PM »

Haha! That's exactly what I thought too.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2018, 10:05:26 PM »

My prediction (and fervent hope) for the next film:

After Thanos is finally defeated and the dead come back, the Infinity Stones are given to some of the Avengers for safekeeping.

Vision gets the Mind Stone back.
Strange gets the Time Stone.
Stark gets the Power Stone.
Thor gets the Space Stone.
Adam Warlock (end credits of Guardians 2) gets the Soul Stone.
Wanda gets the Reality Stone.

Now, the sheer power of the Reality Stone augments Wanda's powers to an insane (read: comic book) level and, missing her brother, alters reality to bring him back.

Except it's not him. It's the Quicksilver from the X-Men universe, revealing that she has not actually altered reality so much as merged different realities.

It's the perfect way to bring all the disparate movie universes into the fold.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2018, 11:30:08 PM »

After Thanos is finally defeated and the dead come back, the Infinity Stones are given to some of the Avengers for safekeeping.

Now, the sheer power of the Reality Stone augments Wanda's powers to an insane (read: comic book) level and, missing her brother, alters reality to bring him back.

Except it's not him. It's the Quicksilver from the X-Men universe, revealing that she has not actually altered reality so much as merged different realities.

I approve of this.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2018, 11:42:41 PM »

Forgive me for throwing a tiny wrench into your theory..But Adam Warlock is confirmed not to even show up till the next GotG film

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2018, 06:39:45 AM »

The only problem I have with this is that I liked MCU Quicksilver better than X-Men Quicksilver. Other than that, sure, why not.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2018, 02:49:04 PM »

The only problem I have with this is that I liked MCU Quicksilver better than X-Men Quicksilver. Other than that, sure, why not.

Hmm  You're the first one I've heard say that

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: