Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: Avengers: Infinity War Discussion *spoilers*  (Read 19046 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2018, 01:16:04 PM »

Well, I'm not hyped yet, but I'm sure they will be way better than I expect them to be.
I mean, I wasn't fond of Ant-Man in comics, but the movie was fun. I knew nigh nothing about Black Panther and loved it.
-> Chances are quite good that once again my first reaction ('meh') is completely wrong Grin
I learned a while back, when Captain America came out, to not go in with expectations. That way disappointments have less impact. Plus....I never followed any comics, so I couldn't be disappointed by how they things were changed. Cap to me was the absolute least interesting of all the Avengers. I knew nothing of the character, so I also knew nothing of how accurate my sentiment was of him being an antiquated relic; a hero of a bygone age. But I gave it a shot and was completely blown away. More so that it was a period piece, and how it ended with him "jumping" into present day. He quickly became one of my favorites.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2018, 02:07:24 PM »

Marvel has done well with mixing classic elements of the characters with newer ideas.  People with no background in comics can enjoy it without confusion while those of us steeped in the lore can enjoy it as well.  With Captain Marvel though, her little area of the Marvel Universe was not one I delved into as much.  As well they seem to be really hyping her character...(calling her the "Mightiest Avenger" and all)  They seem to be severely upping her power level for the MCU.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2018, 02:10:02 PM »

Marvel has done well with mixing classic elements of the characters with newer ideas.  People with no background in comics can enjoy it without confusion while those of us steeped in the lore can enjoy it as well.  With Captain Marvel though, her little area of the Marvel Universe was not one I delved into as much.  As well they seem to be really hyping her character...(calling her the "Mightiest Avenger" and all)  They seem to be severely upping her power level for the MCU.
I wouldn't say those with no background have "no confusion". I know they've thrown some things in for the die-hards, but then leave out the explanation. Like the relevance of Bucky.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2018, 02:11:24 PM »

I wouldn't say those with no background have "no confusion". I know they've thrown some things in for the die-hards, but then leave out the explanation. Like the relevance of Bucky.

I thought his relevance was shown pretty clearly, as steve's friend.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2018, 02:17:21 PM »

I thought his relevance was shown pretty clearly, as steve's friend.
But the original character was akin to Robin; he was only a boy. And I only know this to watching FX Movie Download (or whatever they run on Friday nights), cuz they show some of the extras from the DVD/Blu-ray.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2018, 04:24:27 PM »

But the original character was akin to Robin; he was only a boy. And I only know this to watching FX Movie Download (or whatever they run on Friday nights), cuz they show some of the extras from the DVD/Blu-ray.

Ah, I see what you mean now.   But, did not knowing that affect how you saw Bucky in the film with no fore knowledge?  Yea for me It was a bit jarring seeing Bucky as a grown man taking care of Steve, but it didn't last long.  Instead of a Father/Son relationship it was akin to being Brothers.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2018, 04:35:43 PM »

Ah, I see what you mean now.   But, did not knowing that affect how you saw Bucky in the film with no fore knowledge?  Yea for me It was a bit jarring seeing Bucky as a grown man taking care of Steve, but it didn't last long.  Instead of a Father/Son relationship it was akin to being Brothers.
Exactly. Most didn't know, me among them. But IMO, the way the changes played into the story without being unbelievable. However, I did think Dum-dum Duggin's bowler hat with chevrons on it was a bit far fetched, as well as the street clothes that most of the POWs were wearing. But despite having potential to affect the backstory, these details were small enough not to affect the main plot.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2018, 09:03:11 PM »

Grin

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2018, 09:04:59 PM »

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2018, 11:00:49 PM »

Grin

Ooo! I know which ones I want! Starlord and Groot never looked so good. Cheesy

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2018, 12:01:23 AM »

I want to post this on FB so bad LOL

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Finally saw Infinity War with my wife.  This quite literally made me Lol.

Good one Tx!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2018, 11:57:52 PM »

Really late to the party but just saw this movie and absolutely loved it!  I thought they knocked it out of the park with Thanos, like DL, the scene when he killed Gamora was heart wrenching, but great in terms of character development.  I for one was actually quite satisfied with how it all played out, like DK said there was an ending, it is just that for once the bad guy won just as he claimed he would, with the snap of his fingers.  Of course it is all going to be overturned in the sequel but hey in the meantime prune face can just relax and watch the sunset as he accomplished his mission.  Being a fan of the comics in particular the Infinity Gauntlet, it was nice to see how well done this movie was for the true believers as Stan likes to put it.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2018, 06:14:49 PM »

I know I'm really late to this but wanted to add my .02 to it.  Given the number of characters for the last decade since Ironman one, I think they did a really great job of mixing all characters into Avengers 3.  It was geared towards Thanos and his backstory along with Gamora's which makes sense since we know the backstory of most of our beloved characters.  I was disappointed in a few character deaths though, some made since like Gamora while others seemed like an after thought or just a scene to add into the movie.  There's multiple cliff hangers and questions at the end of the movie but the Russo brothers more than likely did it on purpose.  I love the movie and can't wait to see Avengers 4 once they introduce Captain Marvel and Ant Man 2 comes out next year.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: