Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: ANT-MAN & THE WASP - NEW TRAILER  (Read 5594 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 06:54:58 PM »

I think one of the main things that made Thor Ragnarok so great was the touches of immature humour throughout. That's one of the great things about being an adult; revelling in levels of immaturity from time to time. It's fun. It's freeing. It's enjoyable. And prevents greying and premature baldness.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the movie to the same level as others or don't think it's as good as the top tier of great MCU movies. But, as I've always said, movies are subjective. There is no "right" or "wrong" opinions on them (even though only Thor Ragnarok and it's humour could perfectly balance it with badassery and Led Zeppelin's Immigrant song).
This exactly.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2018, 07:06:38 PM »

See, I don't have any problem with a little bit of it, and sometimes it is actually enjoyable to me (GotG 1 and Ant-Man are perfect examples), but I don't want them to overdo it. It is my own fault for watching Ragnarok with such high hopes and expectations. I am always disappointed when I do that. I'm not mad at any of you who did enjoy Ragnarok, and I'm not gonna tell you you're wrong, because it is like you said, movies are subjective. And that's okay, that's what makes conversing about them so much better and more interesting. I do like that they sobered Thor up a bit for Infinity War. I liked the lighter side of him, but I also really like the seriousness of him, and I think they brought those two things together perfectly in Infinity War.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2018, 07:18:21 PM »

See, I don't have any problem with a little bit of it, and sometimes it is actually enjoyable to me (GotG 1 and Ant-Man are perfect examples), but I don't want them to overdo it. It is my own fault for watching Ragnarok with such high hopes and expectations. I am always disappointed when I do that. I'm not mad at any of you who did enjoy Ragnarok, and I'm not gonna tell you you're wrong, because it is like you said, movies are subjective. And that's okay, that's what makes conversing about them so much better and more interesting. I do like that they sobered Thor up a bit for Infinity War. I liked the lighter side of him, but I also really like the seriousness of him, and I think they brought those two things together perfectly in Infinity War.
May I suggest going into movie with the mindset "I hope this movie is going to be entertaining and good" rather than "this is going to be the best movie ever". Not saying you do the latter, but I've found if I go in with a base line mentality of "i just want the movie to be good" I am able to appreciate the movie for what it is, rather than being disappointed by my own expectations.

That's one of the great things about being an adult; revelling in levels of immaturity from time to time
This exactly.
You have to revel in immaturity because adulting is hard. Immaturity helps brings balance and provide an outlet.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2018, 07:25:00 PM »

How many times have you tried rewatching it? I thought Age of Ultron was weak, but after seeing bits of it a couple weeks ago, I realized just how much I didn't retain (which is odd for me). So I now need to see it again.

In a similar fashion, I absolutely hated TFA (as is well documented). It actually took me a few viewings just to come to grips with Han's death. The down side is, the more I viewed it, the more I hated it. It was a horrible movie, even it wasn't SW.

So if you haven't already, I recommend seeing it again. This time with the knowledge that your expectations won't be met. You might just be surprised.

You have to revel in immaturity because adulting is hard. Immaturity helps brings balance and provide an outlet.
As a pertinent character in another film said, "Perfectly balanced, as all things should be." Wink

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2018, 09:08:24 PM »

I thought they tried way too hard to make Ragnarok funny, I didn't enjoy it for that same reason. Just came across as fake to me if that makes sense.

I think with Ant-Man it was expected from the time they announced the actors in it, so that didn't turn me off.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2018, 06:10:24 PM »

I agree with you Tx.  Ironman had sarcasm and was egotistical since the beginning and it makes sense to keep it going.  Captain America was pretty serious throughout his trilogy and adding tidbits of humor worked for the character and the movies.  Thor started off serious, then tried to be a bit funny, then got seriously dark, and then tried to gear themselves towards the Guardians of the Galaxy theme.  It just seems as if Thor was trying to find something to fit in with the rest of the MCU.  Ant-Man was funny from the get go and just like you said, from the cast that was presented, it was given and it works for the film.  Spiderman had his own thing as well and his mashup with Ironman was great.   I like Thor Ragnarok but it did seem a bit off

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: