Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: What is your Favorite type of game  (Read 7287 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2018, 11:55:28 PM »

I've never given Rainbow Six: Seige a fair chance tbh. I struggle with the pacing of the game and so have shy'd away from it. I've only ever heard good things about it though.

Yeah it can be slow, and extremely frustrating (one of 2 games I've ever rage quitted at), but in terms of team gameplay, it is the absolute best game I've ever played.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2018, 03:07:18 AM »

I'm playing Bioshock (the first one) again. I beat it years ago on Windows, (middle difficulty) but I've got it on my XBOX One now, via 360 backwards compatibility. I play all of my compatible 360 games on the One, because it's newer and has more storage. Anyway, one thing I love about Bioshock is that it's one of those FPS games with a great story, not to mention a really atmospheric setting and fantastic graphics. Plus, it has a few RPG elements, in that you can upgrade your abilities and gear, like in an RPG.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2018, 04:47:40 AM »

That sounds really cool, I've never known what Bioshock was about. I think I might even have it(?)

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2018, 04:54:01 AM »

That sounds really cool, I've never known what Bioshock was about. I think I might even have it(?)

You're the sole survivor of a plane crash. You wind up in an underwater city, where you have to fight off maniacs. At the same time, you're trying to escape and solve the mystery of the place. It's really cool, they did it all in Art Deco style, because the city was supposedly built in the 1940s. It's definitely dark and creepy, though. They also did a sequel, which is very similar to the first, and a prequel, which is in a floating city and it's completely different. I have all 3 games, though I've only played the first all the way through.

KyewReaver
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2018, 05:58:11 AM »

I bought Bioshock: Infinite on Steam, but got frustrated with it when I started it because the controls were so stupid. If it's not a console port, it's the absolute worst PC interface I've ever seen. And I really wanted to play it. It looks like a great game.

The Force is a tool with no will but that of its master, the same as a lightsaber. Good or evil comes from the entity using the tool, not the tool itself.

- Kyew Reaver

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2018, 06:22:55 AM »

Unfortunately, bad controls can ruin even the best game. I played the first game on Steam ages ago with mouse and keyboard. Loved it. But, I don't know if they borked the controls on the sequel(s) or if the controller mapping was legit on the PC ports.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2018, 02:38:06 PM »

I had the same issue back then but bought the trilogy for my Xbox One and I love it.  Better controls and 'mastered' for the Xbox as well.  Check your console store to see if they offer it if you're a console player that is.  I may buy the trilogy from Steam and try again but I rather not deal with the horrible controls if they haven't fixed it.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2018, 02:44:02 PM »

Usually, you can map your controls on PC games. Not always, though.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2018, 02:54:26 PM »

Yeah, the newer games and even some old ones like Unreal and whatnot. 

KyewReaver
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2018, 03:03:14 PM »

Usually, you can map your controls on PC games. Not always, though.
It's been so long since I tried to play it, I don't remember if anything was wrong with remapping. There was something unusually offensive about the controls though. I typically only refuse to play 3rd person perspective type games like Diablo.

The Force is a tool with no will but that of its master, the same as a lightsaber. Good or evil comes from the entity using the tool, not the tool itself.

- Kyew Reaver

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2018, 12:28:45 PM »

I like RPG, strategy and mmorpg, I suck at FPS games.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: