Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Author Topic: Spring Raffle Extravaganza 2018 Winners  (Read 48206 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2018, 01:14:07 AM »

Wow, thanks, Ultrasabers!  You read my mind!  I ordered a Dark Prophecy with Diamond, and I won an Electrum Wind in violet with Obsidian sound.   I had actually been debating the Electrum Wind, too!

The Electrum Wind is bigger than I usually like in a saber, but not too terribly, and the only thing I would have changed is to have flash on clash...but for free, I'm not complaining!  I've been wanting a steampunk lightsaber (I also ordered an extra blade, which I'll be taking out the lining and replacing it with copper window tint film so it looks coppery instead of silver when turned off) and I won't have to do a thing to modify the Electrum Wind, because it's perfect!  Thanks so much!

How does the Electrum Wind handle, Jabari?  It's one of my top sabers to get

naeblis
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -34

« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2018, 06:30:08 PM »

hey naeblis, how do you like your Fulcrum? what do you think about the size and overall feel of it? just may pull the trigger and get one myself.,

It's a  bit bulkier than I expected  but overall I like it quite a bit.  I just purchased an Emperor's Hand, and hands down (no pun intended) it is my favorite saber. 

Sabers: Dark Prophecy v3 - Diamond                         Wishlist:   Dark Omen
            Aeon v4 - Obsidian v4
            Fulcrum - Diamond
            Graflex - Obsidian Lite
            Emperor's Hand - Diamond
            Spectre - Obsidian v4
            Dark Initiate - Obsidian v4
            Savior - Obsidian v4
            Butcher - Emerald / Obsidian v
            Lost Gray - Diamond
            Guardian - Obsidian v4
            Grand Master - Obsidian v4
            Dark Initiate

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2018, 06:32:18 PM »

The Emperor's Hand is definitely a saber I will own .  Been lusting for it on the site toying around with my build and keep seeing people with it in reviews, galleries, or from raffle wins.   

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2018, 06:42:25 PM »

The Emperor's Hand is definitely a saber I will own .  Been lusting for it on the site toying around with my build and keep seeing people with it in reviews, galleries, or from raffle wins.   

EH is surprisingly comfortable to wield.  Of the "premium" sabers I've owned its probably the most comfortable, but I keep coming back to the Aeon V4 and V3 patterns for dueling.  :-)  But if you want a show-stopper that's also functional, the EH is amazing.  Better than the Guardian, IMHO, though the Guardian is beautiful as well.

I have also become VERY fond of my Dark Catalyst hilts the last few months.  They're the equal of my Aeon in comfort and handling and they look amazing as well.  :-) 

Unfortunately the only hilts I've ever won are a Dominix V4 LE (very nice! Love it) and an Initiate V4.  Also nice.   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2018, 07:01:57 PM »

EH is surprisingly comfortable to wield.  Of the "premium" sabers I've owned its probably the most comfortable, but I keep coming back to the Aeon V4 and V3 patterns for dueling.  :-)  But if you want a show-stopper that's also functional, the EH is amazing.  Better than the Guardian, IMHO, though the Guardian is beautiful as well.

I have also become VERY fond of my Dark Catalyst hilts the last few months.  They're the equal of my Aeon in comfort and handling and they look amazing as well.  :-) 

Unfortunately the only hilts I've ever won are a Dominix V4 LE (very nice! Love it) and an Initiate V4.  Also nice.   :-)

Good to know, I've been admiring the Aeon V4s lately and love all the variants.  As long as it's as comfortable as my Initiate, I don't mind using it as a dueling saber.   Really good insight into the sabers, thanks!  Point for you!

naeblis
Knight Officer

« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2018, 07:11:09 PM »

Good to know, I've been admiring the Aeon V4s lately and love all the variants.  As long as it's as comfortable as my Initiate, I don't mind using it as a dueling saber.   Really good insight into the sabers, thanks!  Point for you!

I have an Aeon V4 I got from a mystery box.  It is has a nice feel to it.  Actually, it hangs in my office at work in case I need to take it to a staff meeting - or a management meeting.  I have this vision of Anakin Skywalker disposing of the Separatist leaders near the end of Revenge of the Sith.  Sorry...tangent....

The Aeon v4 is nice. 

Sabers: Dark Prophecy v3 - Diamond                         Wishlist:   Dark Omen
            Aeon v4 - Obsidian v4
            Fulcrum - Diamond
            Graflex - Obsidian Lite
            Emperor's Hand - Diamond
            Spectre - Obsidian v4
            Savior - Obsidian v4
            Lost Gray - Diamond
            Guardian - Obsidian v4
            Dark Initiate

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2018, 07:31:48 PM »

LOL   That would be a very decisive way to end a meeting!  :-)

From my own experience and from testimony of others the "thinner" hilts - Aeon V2, V3, V4, Sentinel V4, Catalyst, Prophecy - or with defined choke points like the Shock, tend to be the better dueling hilts.  One thing you'll note about the Aeon, Sentinel, Catalyst and Prophecy - they all have comfortable "choke points" where you can get a very good grip which also tends to correspond with the pivot point of the hilt.

These hilts with the thinner diameters and the choke points make the best handling hilts, but they aren't the most beautiful hilts.  :-)  Most of the really beautiful hilts, though, have a wider girth and that wide diameter hurts their utility.  Especially if you have smaller hands. 

Don't get me wrong.  The Emperor's Hand is functional and works very well as a dueling hilt, but it is inferior to my Aeon V4 or a Sentinel V4.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2018, 09:41:16 PM »

Function over looks then.  Good to know

naeblis
Knight Officer

« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2018, 02:06:44 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I like teh Aeon and I love my Dark Prophecy, but the Emperor's hand just feels right for me. I come from a broadsword background so maybe that has something to do with it.  The one thing I will give kudos to the Aeon for is that it is really nice if you want to use both hands on the saber.

Aeon v4 - Obsidian v4
            Fulcrum - Diamond
            Graflex - Obsidian Lite
            Emperor's Hand - Diamond
            Spectre - Obsidian v4
            Savior - Obsidian v4
            Lost Gray - Diamond
            Guardian - Obsidian v4
            Dark Initiate

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2018, 03:03:42 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I like teh Aeon and I love my Dark Prophecy, but the Emperor's hand just feels right for me. I come from a broadsword background so maybe that has something to do with it.  The one thing I will give kudos to the Aeon for is that it is really nice if you want to use both hands on the saber.

Even for duels?  So is the Emperor's Hand your "go to" saber over your Aeon and Dark Prochecy?

naeblis
Knight Officer

« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2018, 04:18:21 PM »

Absolutely....granted I oft times wield two blades so my Dark Prophecy is my second.  I may be an anomaly...it's just what I am comfortable with. 

Aeon v4 - Obsidian v4
            Fulcrum - Diamond
            Graflex - Obsidian Lite
            Emperor's Hand - Diamond
            Spectre - Obsidian v4
            Savior - Obsidian v4
            Lost Gray - Diamond
            Guardian - Obsidian v4
            Dark Initiate

naeblis
Knight Officer

« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2018, 04:19:51 PM »

In fairness...I cannot actually say my last statement is true.  It will be my go to going forward.  I have not fought since it arrived but it is my main practice weapon now.

Aeon v4 - Obsidian v4
            Fulcrum - Diamond
            Graflex - Obsidian Lite
            Emperor's Hand - Diamond
            Spectre - Obsidian v4
            Savior - Obsidian v4
            Lost Gray - Diamond
            Guardian - Obsidian v4
            Dark Initiate

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2018, 04:21:30 PM »

Good to know, I love the feel of my Dark Initiate and the Emperor's Hand is one of my future sabers.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2018, 04:24:12 PM »

Just want to chime in that of all my sabers the Dark Sentinel LE stunt is my go to for heavy dueling.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Goldldr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 26

« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2018, 04:34:59 PM »

I have to admit my surprise but the aeon v4 I received in this raffle ha really grown on me, and is one of the more comfortable hilts for dueling.  I’m in the process of attempting to modify it for aesthetics, and will soon change out the orange led for a guardian blue one I had laying around and I think this may end up being one of my favorite sabers.

I keep practicing my soldering, get a decent drill press, and work on drilling and tapping so that next up can be a tcss totally custom build out!

Current Saber Collection (?=mystery box pull, *=raffle prize)
Consular (Diamond)
Flamberge v2 w/ renegade LE emitters (Diamond)
Azure Reaper Obs4 tri-cree CG
Crimson Scorpion ObsL FO (?)
Liberator v3 stunt FO (?)
Sentinel v4 ObsL AS (?)
Aeon v4 stunt FO (*)
Dark Apprentice stunt FO (?)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: