Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First Time Saber Purchase Archon v3.1  (Read 4409 times)
jthatcher
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 14

« on: May 08, 2018, 01:46:21 PM »

Hello all!

I recently purchased the Archon v3.1 and couldn't be happier. I wanted a thin neck saber for a ROTJ Luke build and the Archon is perfect. I went with Obsidian Lite sound and consular green. It's perfect for what I wanted. My saber came quick and was packaged well. I did have an issue with the incorrect blade plug and retention screw but customer service fixed it right away! Highly recommend.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 11:31:27 PM »

sounds awesom. would love to see pictures or a video.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 04:49:59 AM »

You said build, what do you plan on doing with it?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

jthatcher
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 03:03:20 PM »

I mean costume build. I have added a replica graflex clamp for a little more accuracy. I'll post pictures soon!

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 07:46:01 PM »

I mean costume build. I have added a replica graflex clamp for a little more accuracy. I'll post pictures soon!

Look forward to seeing it!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

JWanny10
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 03:44:12 AM »

I just ordered the Archon 3.1 also! The wait is gonna kill me!

Wish list: Graflex CE, ARCHON V3.1, EMPEROR'S HAND, CHOSEN ONE CE, FLAMBERGE CE, BELLICOSE

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 01:57:20 PM »

The Archon v3 is my favorite, especially with an activation box mod.  Just makes the hilt more complete IMO  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

jthatcher
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 01:04:23 PM »

I had an issue with my clamp stem breaking, but I solved that issue with an aluminum spacer from my hardware store. I finally got the clamp looking like I wanted so I'll share a pic. This is still a WIP so things like weathering, a new D ring, and cone knob will come.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 01:14:37 PM »

Looks good!

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 08:06:12 PM »

I had an issue with my clamp stem breaking, but I solved that issue with an aluminum spacer from my hardware store. I finally got the clamp looking like I wanted so I'll share a pic. This is still a WIP so things like weathering, a new D ring, and cone knob will come.

Absolutely beautiful!  I like the circuit board you have in your clamp; might I ask where you got it and your clamp?

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 08:27:38 PM »

Looking good, hurry up we need more pictures! LOL

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

KennayGW
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 31

Force of the North and the Far East

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 09:19:28 PM »

Sounds good bro. The reps at Ultra sabers were always good to me as well. They are the main reason why im with ultra sabers as opposed to any of the competitors. Very fast and professional. And every saber is high quality. Couldnt be happier.

Emperors Hand
Phantom V4
Diamond Initiate LE V4

jthatcher
Force Sensitive

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 02:04:28 PM »

Absolutely beautiful!  I like the circuit board you have in your clamp; might I ask where you got it and your clamp?

I don't think I can mention other retailers and their products on here, but check ebay for "graflex clamp". The clamp I purchased won't close as is since the Archon hilt is too thick. I ended up breaking the clamp stem by trying to force it in. It actually worked out ok once I found the aluminum spacer. I screwed that on the broken stem and then used a machine screw from the other side to effectively extend the stem. Now it fits perfectly. The issue I ran in to after that was the card wouldn't fit. That was easily solved with my 3D printer. I hopped on tinkercad and designed and printed a shim. Now it fits as well. Here's a shot of the spacer:

jthatcher
Force Sensitive

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 12:13:45 PM »

Started a WIP thread: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=39030.0.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: