Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: What if they mated?!  (Read 4993 times)
RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« on: May 08, 2018, 06:08:17 PM »

Hi Everybody!!!  My friend Conan has traveled all the way from the year 2000 for one last instalment of the funniest bit ever on late night network tv- (kids I'm sure somebody's got it up on youtube, worth a look lol)

What if they mated?!

And what beautiful parents we have this time:

1st, one of my all time fav non-character designs- the mantis:

aww, such a loving father- handsome too lol.

and his beautiful wife, queen of sabers, the graflex:

little known fact- all graflex's have names, and most are female, beginning with the letter 'f'.  This one's Felicia.  Bye, Felicia!  cause we're not here to look at you, sexy as you may be lol.

AAAANNNND, now the moment we've all been waiting for, brought to you by the latest and greatest in genetic forecasting software... let's see what it would look like... if they mated!

we present... the man'flex! 

highlights include a gear grip, gold rear button- that little 6-32 set is module retention.

this mantis grip section has gotta be in the running for my all time fav grip section ever.  was tempted to go with a brass covertec, but the silver just suited it much better when you actually see it on.  Also, i think it was Lord C who first showed me this, but MAN, does that Renegade pommel just look like it was made for anything you stick it on, or what?!  very nice.

smoked glass eye thumbscrew, 8-32 set for blade retention (rear gold button also helps with that), preferred the look of the OG 'flex pins over the Ani's or shorty's, brass and aluminum 'flex plug.  Decided not to blacken the pin sockets- the silver was looking good on this one.

scale: not for the faint of heart lol. 

4 channel emerald (RGBW) set to a nice gold.  v3 obsidian- sporting, naturally lol, Jedi Seth's Revan font.  "I.  AM.  REVAAAN!" lol

red FoC.

My bro Colton helped me on this one-  actually maybe i should say i helped him lol, cause i got him to wire it up Smiley.  Was awesome to work on with him- SOON he's off to university and it'll be tougher to get time like this.  OMG i can't even believe i just said that hahaha, i'm so old now!!  And of course, Arlo was waiting nearby, thrilled as always that we were messing around on the work benches as opposed to throwing his toys around, cheering us on.

Thanks for checking it out!!  miss'n you all and the forum big time!!  I'll do a little vid of this to show it in action with the font, etc.  I actually just came here to catch up on mesgs and tie up some old loose ends and then i totally got sidetracked with this post lol.  Apologies to anyone who sent mesgs, the internet and i were seeing other people for a while, but we'll never stop trying to make it work Wink.  quitting isn't in our blood.  MTFBWY!!

Oh, also, wish me luck people! I'm gonna need it lol- after over 19 years of smoking (at least a pack a day of the 'green death' since i was fifteen), and many many pathetic attempts to rid myself of it, I FINALLY QUIT FOR REAL!!!  I mean, it's only been a couple weeks lol, i know i know, but i've never done this well before actually.  haven't touched a single cigarette Smiley.  i'm doing it this time no matter what- hence the need for luck.  maybe it's the people around me that need the luck lol, but either way, we're gonna need truck loads!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 08:22:19 PM »

That is sick RevanReborn! Love it in red (no surprise there)

Goodluck with quitting

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

DarthAcolyte
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -26

It may not be red but it can still kill jedi

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 08:48:18 PM »

It's weird but amazing!

current saber: initiate v2(red)[stunt] dream saber: reaper(silver w/disks)[lite]

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 01:53:28 AM »

Wow, another great hilt by RR. Very nice. I actually really like it in Red as well, but the Gold looks awesome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 02:06:43 AM »

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 02:07:09 AM »

Not my personal cup of tea, but I think it's because of that classic dohickey near the Graflex emitter that has always bugged me. Picturing without that, and the slanted emitter shroud that the Graflex already has = awesomesauce.  

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 03:16:29 AM »

its a unique and beautiful saber RR.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 04:28:46 PM »

There is just so much goodness to this ENTIRE post!  Great mash up!  Lots of awesome pics!  Good vibes throughout!

Oh yeah RR, you've got another winner on your hands  Wink

Point sir!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Witchpig
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 16

Judge me by my size, do you?

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 06:07:46 PM »

WOW! I would never have thought of combining those two! Also a very humorous post, and that's a cute dog.

It takes some willpower to fully quit smoking, good luck man!

Initiate V3 LE
Dark Initiate V4
Apprentice V4 LE

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 07:27:42 PM »

Interesting concept and design. I like it.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 09:43:19 PM »

That is pretty sweet, something I would have never thought about.

Are those TCSS parts? Emitter and gear section.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2018, 02:42:34 AM »

Wow, that's just........wow!
So shiny!
How big is that thing, it looks monstrous!

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2018, 04:08:19 PM »

That is sick RevanReborn! Love it in red (no surprise there)

Goodluck with quitting

Thanks Lady Agana Kath!  Great to see you again!  Haha, I like your style- I’m usually the one going ‘aw that would look SO good in red’.  Hope the forums have been treating you well?!  It’s kinda bothered me all this time- the coincidental, unfortunate timing of how right when you were settling in to the temple, I was having one of those Revan moments where the force was inexplicably/ mysteriously calling me out beyond the outer rim- didn’t wanna give you the wrong impression Smiley.  I look forward to better opportunities to catch up.

It's weird but amazing!

That’s what she said!  lol  But this is a family friendly forum, so we'll save that story for another time Wink.  Thanks man!

Wow, another great hilt by RR. Very nice. I actually really like it in Red as well, but the Gold looks awesome.

Thanks TR!  Appreciate it Smiley.  Good to see you again!

Hahaha, thanks Edon Bluewolf!  You’re awesome buddy lol. 

Not my personal cup of tea, but I think it's because of that classic dohickey near the Graflex emitter that has always bugged me. Picturing without that, and the slanted emitter shroud that the Graflex already has = awesomesauce. 

FELICIA:  ‘Blasphemy!!!  Off with his head!!!’
ME: ‘whoa whoa whoa, calm down your highness!  I’ll talk to him.’
FELICIA:  (crosses arms and turns nose up in air scornfully)

Lol just play’n buddy Smiley.  You’re def not alone; I think lots of people feel the same way.  I hear that all the time- it’s one of those things- diff strokes for diff folks.  I think you either love them or hate them lol.  Thanks for the kind words man!

FELICIA:  ‘... pfff shyyya, I guess, even if you ARE wrong.’

Wink

its a unique and beautiful saber RR.

Thanks man, I appreciate that!  Yeah it’s kinda different/ out there, eh?  An outer rim hilt for sure. 

There is just so much goodness to this ENTIRE post!  Great mash up!  Lots of awesome pics!  Good vibes throughout!

Oh yeah RR, you've got another winner on your hands  Wink

Point sir!

Thanks Dutchman- too kind!  Haha, glad you got a kick out of it buddy!  I get cheeky, there’s no denying it lol.  Great to see you again Smiley.  Points headed back at-chya (ALSO TO EVERYONE ELSE!).

WOW! I would never have thought of combining those two! Also a very humorous post, and that's a cute dog.

It takes some willpower to fully quit smoking, good luck man!

Thanks Witchpig!  Ya, I’m a huge Graflex guy- just love them to death.  I’ve got all sorts of whacky stuff planned for these beauties lol.  I also seem to have a knack for coming right out of left field and making people go, ?! Lol.  The trick, I’m learning, is figuring out how to do it in a good way lol- I’ll be honest- it’s like that old soul coughing song, ‘So Far I Have Not Found The Science’ lol. Sick avatar btw Smiley

Oh!  And this guy?!  Yeah, he’s alright I guess lol Wink https://imgur.com/a/FdlIo2t

LOVE IT !! ... this ingenious saber meld and Arlo the sweetest and likely smartest dog on the planet.  Wink   

That's so wonderful that you have a talented brother to share your saber and other creative expressions with.  Cheesy

points bomb  Cool

Who could possibly fathom that a shmexy saber was created from something like this ?!   Shocked Shocked   lol  Grin

Thanks D!!  Wow, it’s nice to see you again- holy crap- it’s been so long!  Actually it was your mesg that brought me back Smiley.  I checked my email after a hiatus and saw the notice for the pm- I’ll be dropping you a line; then it’ll be my turn to be awestruck at saber stuff- holy cow let me give you a preemptive ‘MIND.  BLOWN.’ on that engraving!  Amazing job.  I can’t even etch that good and it takes way less skill.  We’ll talk soon- I’d love to hear how things are going here and also just with you in general Smiley

Thanks again for the kind words!

Interesting concept and design. I like it.

Thanks BatMike!  Dude, just thought of something, you should totally get an Omen, then get Sedsti (he’s awesome) or someone to 3D print an old timer bat symbol for it! 

That is pretty sweet, something I would have never thought about.

Are those TCSS parts? Emitter and gear section.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hey tx, thanks!  Yep and yep Smiley.  Pins, bunny ears, glass eye (smoke), just not the gold button.  Used the thumb screw rear button from a 2.0, which is kind of a waist because it had a hollow all the way through the shank for wire passage, and a really nice little pocket for a real switch under the button... which this one doesn’t use lol. 

Wow, that's just........wow!
So shiny!
How big is that thing, it looks monstrous!

Hey Seano, how are ya?!  Good to see you man Smiley.  Yup, it gleams lol.  It’s pretty huge.  About the size of a mantis.  I kinda kept the same proportions and even added the gear at about where the mantis has that wicked chevron shroud- keeps the feel/ balance right.  I actually have a review (WAY back) on the mantis where I show the size comparisons in detail.  It’s actually kind of a funny post lol. 

THANKS AGAIN TO EVEYONE FOR THE KIND WORDS AND SUPPORT!!  Points headed to all of you asap.  Really appreciate the support on the smoking as well- it’s a surprisingly big help to know there’s people rooting for you Smiley.  I’m the type that finds it hard to break habits/ change behaviours- but I’m also possibly the most stubborn creature on the planet lol, and I’m dead set on quitting, so I’m pretty confident this is the time!  Keep you posted/ MTFBWY.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 07:51:07 PM »

Thanks Lady Agana Kath!  Great to see you again!  Haha, I like your style- I’m usually the one going ‘aw that would look SO good in red’.  Hope the forums have been treating you well?!  It’s kinda bothered me all this time- the coincidental, unfortunate timing of how right when you were settling in to the temple, I was having one of those Revan moments where the force was inexplicably/ mysteriously calling me out beyond the outer rim- didn’t wanna give you the wrong impression Smiley.  I look forward to better opportunities to catch up.
Go Red or Go Home
The forums have been fine, and don't worry about it. The Force sometimes calls on us to be elsewhere and I certainly didn't take offense. Actually in the next few months I will be a less frequent poster due to Super Secret Sith Plots (aka work and stuff) I will say that I'm still gearing up for my first sound install so I may be asking a few of you guys some questions. Right now tho, I'm still just collecting parts.  Grin

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2018, 08:34:15 PM »

She's a beast of a hilt isn't it?!

Fine work my friend Cool

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print