Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Monarch belt clip  (Read 4551 times)
Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« on: May 10, 2018, 04:31:17 AM »

Given all the amazing creativity, talent and artistry I see here on a daily basis, I almost feel silly posting this simple $5 modification. Hopefully it can help someone else or be expanded upon. 
The Backstory: I am preparing for con season and looking for a way to wear one of my more "showy" sabers- the Monarch I received in a mystery box.  This Saber truly is a beast, like a table leg actually. It just does not lend itself to a covertech wheel placement anywhere because of its smooth, rounded aesthetics. The wheel would ruin the overall flow and its elegant, regal appeal. Instead, I started looking at ways to attach something to the pommel.  I searched around online and found no suitable options.  I decided to pop the pommel in my pocket and take a field trip to the local hardware store.  After several dazed minutes wandering around the screws, nut and bolt aisle, testing my spatial acuity, and sticking various metal objects into my Monarch pommel, I came across these things called Clevis Pins. After some tinkering, I found a winner!

The holes even looked identical to the holes in the pommel!

I was quickly able to find the appropriate size so the head acted as a stopper.

It can retract within the pommel.

Or hang out and look cool.

I am really happy with how it turned out, especially given the $5 price point!

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

Kai-Yen
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 123

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 05:24:40 AM »

This is dope bro!  Very creative and the finish is gorgeous!

Well done friend - txs for sharing!

K

Sabers Owned:  Azure Reaper (AB), Crimson Reaper (AS), Apprentice (BH).

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 01:20:02 PM »

Great idea! Point for the ingenuity

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 01:54:54 PM »

It may only be a $5 mod as you say but it is both brilliant and inspired MP!   Plus it perfectly compliments that Monarch hilt!

Point sir!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 02:43:32 PM »

<golf clap> +1

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 03:15:43 PM »

Looks brilliant, amazing that you found something so close to match. It is truly spot on. Point to you.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 04:11:23 PM »

Hey, nice mod!  Good vision there, that looks great Smiley

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 04:26:40 PM »

Hey, nice mod!  Good vision there, that looks great Smiley
Welcome back, stranger.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 04:43:19 PM »

Welcome back, stranger.

Logos you sly son of a gun!  How the hell are ya?!  Good to see you again man!!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 05:26:18 PM »

Logos you sly son of a gun!  How the hell are ya?!  Good to see you again man!!
Same roller coaster train wreck as always. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 06:03:28 PM »

Same roller coaster train wreck as always. Grin

Hahaha, good man!  Keeping people honest/ on their toes is all- nothing wrong with that lol.  Without it the place would become all delicate and uptight. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2018, 06:18:42 PM »

Hahaha, good man!  Keeping people honest/ on their toes is all- nothing wrong with that lol.  Without it the place would become all delicate and uptight. 
Um.................... Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2018, 07:27:06 PM »

Hi.  This is a really clever idea and innovative thinking outside of the box.  Smiley

point  Cool

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 07:59:34 PM »

Hahaha, good man!  Keeping people honest/ on their toes is all- nothing wrong with that lol.  Without it the place would become all delicate and uptight.  
Um.................... Undecided
Roll Eyes

Musashi, that would look really really nice with a D ring instead of the spiral cut O ring. Just a thought

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2018, 08:55:27 PM »

Very cool.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: