Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A good day at the studio  (Read 2672 times)
Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« on: May 12, 2018, 12:53:58 PM »

this is a string of sets I did a few weeks ago.  My fiancé and I use sabers for fitness as well as fun, so I do these pretty rapid fire. Music was added in post, but during the sessions I had some awesome tunes going- this was the same day I got her last video clip from as well.  I'm working with Thorne, my customized Dark Catalyst- enjoy!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE0SxWz9Yjc&amp;t=117s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE0SxWz9Yjc&amp;t=117s</a>

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Matt Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -170

Matt Akur

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 01:32:29 PM »

Great stuff as always and really cool strikes! It's also nice how you move in all directions. I have to start working on these things soon.
I always feel like I'm in a 2d game like Mortal Kombat, only moving side to side, haha  Cheesy.

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 02:54:33 PM »

Great stuff as always and really cool strikes! It's also nice how you move in all directions. I have to start working on these things soon.
I always feel like I'm in a 2d game like Mortal Kombat, only moving side to side, haha  Cheesy.
Thanks, Matt🤙🏻 all i can say is keep your knees bent and take it slow to start with.  Once you start putting your legs into the path of your blade, you really need to mind the coordination.  Bruises on my shins and ankles to prove it😉 when doing pivots i try to think of my saber as a crank that coordinates with my footwork- when you turn the crank, your feet do their work. 
Looking forward to your vids!🤙🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 12:34:45 AM »

That's a great way to put it Matt. I always feel like I'm in a 2d game myself.  Smiley
Nice work as always Elwood. That song really really really took me back.  Wink
I haven't heard that in years.

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 01:07:45 PM »

That's a great way to put it Matt. I always feel like I'm in a 2d game myself.  Smiley
Nice work as always Elwood. That song really really really took me back.  Wink
I haven't heard that in years.
I love my Huey Lewis😁.  I honestly went for some other tunes at first, but dammit- The News just gets me every time🤙🏻😄

And thanks, Gar! I was showing off your practice work on the neck roll the other day, really looking forward to seeing you progress🤘🏻😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 05:06:53 PM »

Loved it!
Those flags also rock! Smiley

PrincessKnowItAll
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 09:16:42 PM »

Thorne Looks Great and relaxed! Oh and Nice Moves Smiley