Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: DEADPOOL 2 - NON-SPOILER REVIEW  (Read 7131 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 02:21:39 PM »

Domino in the comics has stark white skin...like a sheet of printer paper...with a black spot over one eye...Like a Domino.  So without those physical traits. Its hard to see why she would be called Domino.   Again, like I said.  I'm a stickler.  It would be like Osborn showing up in purple armor but still being called Green Goblin.

Like a domino. Grin

And Zazie does that extremely well.

Yes. Domino is hot and Zazie is hot. She nailed it.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 04:57:09 PM »

Like a domino. Grin
*mic drop*

Point to you Logos

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 06:31:07 PM »

Dominos can also be black with white dots.

Well aware of that, since it was the character of Domino that actually brought to my attention Dominos are sometimes white with black spots.  All I ever had as a kid were the black ones.   Is the spot over her eye white within the film though?  The trailers do make it seem almost non existent.  If it is white then that is a different situation. 

But the main concern should be whether she truly captures the essence of who the character from the comics is. And Zazie does that extremely well.

I don't doubt that.  But, I have always felt when dealing with adapting one visual medium to another (ie comics to film)  the characters should resemble as close as possible to their comic versions...other wise what's the point.  Again, my opinion. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 06:49:18 PM »

Well aware of that, since it was the character of Domino that actually brought to my attention Dominos are sometimes white with black spots.  All I ever had as a kid were the black ones. Is the spot over her eye white within the film though?  The trailers do make it seem almost non existent.  If it is white then that is a different situation. 
I think they didn't make it a round spot for 2 main reasons:

1) Birthmarks are rarely smoothly round, so they made it look more natural.
2) Beauty is a matter of symmetry, and I think that they wanted to diminish how much it would detract from Zazie's

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 07:36:56 PM »

I think they didn't make it a round spot for 2 main reasons:

1) Birthmarks are rarely smoothly round, so they made it look more natural.
2) Beauty is a matter of symmetry, and I think that they wanted to diminish how much it would detract from Zazie's

1.)  Less about shape and more about color
2.)  I don't think her being in make up would have diminished anything...

In a nutshell, my opinion is I should be able to look at a character on screen and without being told know who it is.  Again, just how I look at it.  I'm sure her performance is fine and I am still looking foreword to seeing it.  Probably will be a while though...freaking car repair.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 07:42:13 PM »

Is the spot over her eye white within the film though?  The trailers do make it seem almost non existent.  If it is white then that is a different situation.  
Yes. As I said before, the spot is there in the movie, just not very clear in the trailers. And the spot is white.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 07:44:38 PM »

1.)  Less about shape and more about color
2.)  I don't think her being in make up would have diminished anything...

In a nutshell, my opinion is I should be able to look at a character on screen and without being told know who it is.  Again, just how I look at it.  I'm sure her performance is fine and I am still looking foreword to seeing it.  Probably will be a while though...freaking car repair.
That's alright. We all have our movie quirks. I hurled when I found out the YT-1300 in Solo is supposed to be the Falcon. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 08:06:51 PM »

That's alright. We all have our movie quirks. I hurled when I found out the YT-1300 in Solo is supposed to be the Falcon. Grin

Yea...something seems so....off about that. 

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2018, 10:52:57 PM »

Just got home from seeing the movie... absolutely loved it !!  Usually I'm not in to all that swearing and crude stuff but everything just fit.  As a Cannuck I so appreciated the Canada references and Deadpool's ongoing in the moment dialogue for the audience.  Where did Stan Lee appear in this one ?

My friend Clint was a stuntman again.  I always have to try to figure out which part is his... could take me months.  There's a huge list of stunt persons.  I'll admit to feeling concerned about his safety but he's well skilled at his craft.

Really hope that there will be a 3rd movie and more as there is a rare magic happening within the collective whole.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 05:48:36 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: