Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Adding order notes when buying a mystery box?  (Read 340 times)
KHANcerto
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: May 16, 2018, 02:57:32 AM »

Hello World!

I recently bought and received my first ever $75 Mystery Box and I am super happy with what I got. There is just one thing that I wish it could have came with. A covertech wheel. The hilt is a Dominix V4 with AV switch in Arctic Blue. Love the look, but as I said. No wheel.

I noticed in the Order Details section that I can add notes to my order. I saw that that is usually used to pinpoint the placement of the covertech wheel on custom saber orders.

BUT

Could I have asked to have one added to my mystery saber? I wouldn't mind paying the extra fee and the hilt would still be random, but is that something Ultrasabers would honor?

If that is not a possibility, then what would be my best course of action to adding a covertech wheel or something similar (D-ring?) to allow me to attach my hilt to a belt? *Whatever doesn't include drilling into the hilt itself.*

Thanks!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -817

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 03:50:33 AM »

Hello World!

I recently bought and received my first ever $75 Mystery Box and I am super happy with what I got. There is just one thing that I wish it could have came with. A covertech wheel. The hilt is a Dominix V4 with AV switch in Arctic Blue. Love the look, but as I said. No wheel.

I noticed in the Order Details section that I can add notes to my order. I saw that that is usually used to pinpoint the placement of the covertech wheel on custom saber orders.

BUT

Could I have asked to have one added to my mystery saber? I wouldn't mind paying the extra fee and the hilt would still be random, but is that something Ultrasabers would honor?

If that is not a possibility, then what would be my best course of action to adding a covertech wheel or something similar (D-ring?) to allow me to attach my hilt to a belt? *Whatever doesn't include drilling into the hilt itself.*

Thanks!
They can't add a covertec wheel to a MB, if they opened it that would take the mystery out of it.

You of course can add a covertec wheel from US and do it yourself. I get you are scared to tap and drill an hole in your saber, but it is not as hard as you think. But I will say get an cheap piece of aluminum pipe to practice on before you try it on your saber.

Another thing I have seen is putting one in the blade retention screw hole. Will hang upside down on your belt without a blade in it.

You can also get a pommel and a D-Ring insert from TCSS (The Custom Saber). All you have to do is install.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1993

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 10:37:31 AM »

Hi.  You can also just get a covertec and apply some strong glue to keep it in place.  Make sure that you prepare and clean both aluminum surfaces that need to make a close contact.  Sorry I can't suggest a specific glue... something that is a clear permanent super glue.  Let it dry well prior to use.

I know this works as I have a 2nd party US saber that came like that... and there was no way I could take the wheel off.

Have some sabers... quite a few... and I know how to wield them.

KHANcerto
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 11:38:06 AM »

They can't add a covertec wheel to a MB, if they opened it that would take the mystery out of it.

You of course can add a covertec wheel from US and do it yourself. I get you are scared to tap and drill an hole in your saber, but it is not as hard as you think. But I will say get an cheap piece of aluminum pipe to practice on before you try it on your saber.

Another thing I have seen is putting one in the blade retention screw hole. Will hang upside down on your belt without a blade in it.

You can also get a pommel and a D-Ring insert from TCSS (The Custom Saber). All you have to do is install.

I guess I wasn't sure if the mystery boxes were prepackaged or not. If that is the case, why did it take a 5 days to process my order?

Either way, I've seen the route of using the blade retention screw hole, but it would get in the way. I have a place I want it on near the pommel and I guess I'll have to search around for tutorials on drilling the hole for it. Or the super glue route if there is a strong enough version that will keep it there permanently. XD

Xamon
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 52

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 06:25:30 AM »

for drilling something round best if you use a drill press, probably any shop in your area can do it easily. if doing it yourself without a press then a center punch is necessary to keep your bit from skating. Not hard really. Also when tapping the hole use proper technique this is one turn forward then half a turn back.

KHANcerto
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 11:01:43 AM »

for drilling something round best if you use a drill press, probably any shop in your area can do it easily. if doing it yourself without a press then a center punch is necessary to keep your bit from skating. Not hard really. Also when tapping the hole use proper technique this is one turn forward then half a turn back.

Yea I'll definitely look around my area to see if any places could do it for me for a not so high price if I can't find a way to do it myself. Thank you!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -817

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 12:21:55 PM »

Like I said I bought a cheap piece of aluminum pipe (actually from Amazon) to practice before I did it to my saber. With a punch it isn't hard at all. I also use the pipe to test paints, aluminum black, etc...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: