Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Solo: *Spoiler* Discussion  (Read 20146 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2018, 02:41:57 PM »

My mistake.  It's at least 10 years before a new hope.   I always thought Han was older than luke and Leia, by at least 5 years or so.      This is as "official" as I could find.  Mentions the beginning is 6 years after ep 3 and you jump ahead 3 when you see Han again.   So 9 years after ep 3.  So he's at least 11 years older than luke and Leia.      So he was around 30 in anh.     

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Solo:_A_Star_Wars_Story

Ew. That means he's creeping on a teenage girl. Tongue

I've seen all but Season 4 of Rebels, was Crimson Dawn mentioned in the series??? I honestly don't remember...

That's alright. Considering how much SWR turned my stomach, I liked most of they did with Maul....up until the holocron incident. But I do recall the episode when he busts in on a meeting of the CD higher-ups, decapitates the governing council with a staff throw, and takes over. It was pretty awesome for a kids' show.

On an unrelated note, did any of you guys notice the Mandalorian armor and the Sith holocron... art (it didn't look like an actual holocron but an artist interpretation) in Dryden's office? Very cool how taken together both of those things pointed to Maul's eventual cameo at the end.

Interesting take. Yes I noticed the armor, but initially thought Dryden had a Mondo bodyguard, up until the fight when it didn't move. The pyramid sculpture I think was just an art piece. I don't think Maul would let such an important artifact out of his possession. I initially dismissed that it could be a 'cron, but now that I think about it, even in the OC, even Sith 'crons didn't seem to have a defined size parameter. In Shadow Hunter, it was described as small; I envisioned the size comparable to a 4-sided D&D die. In the Ep.3 cutaway book, Sidious had one that was roughly the size of a man. And then there's the traditional paper-weight size that we generally associate.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2018, 03:32:44 PM »

Ew. That means he's creeping on a teenage girl. Tongue
That's alright. Considering how much SWR turned my stomach, I liked most of they did with Maul....up until the holocron incident. But I do recall the episode when he busts in on a meeting of the CD higher-ups, decapitates the governing council with a staff throw, and takes over. It was pretty awesome for a kids' show.
Interesting take. Yes I noticed the armor, but initially thought Dryden had a Mondo bodyguard, up until the fight when it didn't move. The pyramid sculpture I think was just an art piece. I don't think Maul would let such an important artifact out of his possession. I initially dismissed that it could be a 'cron, but now that I think about it, even in the OC, even Sith 'crons didn't seem to have a defined size parameter. In Shadow Hunter, it was described as small; I envisioned the size comparable to a 4-sided D&D die. In the Ep.3 cutaway book, Sidious had one that was roughly the size of a man. And then there's the traditional paper-weight size that we generally associate.

19  pretty sure that's legally an adult even in A Galaxy Far Far Away Tongue     Plus the romance didn't get really intense until Empire and she was in her 20s by then.    Might have been a holocron that got burned out.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2018, 04:02:36 PM »

19  pretty sure that's legally an adult even in A Galaxy Far Far Away Tongue     Plus the romance didn't get really intense until Empire and she was in her 20s by then.   
He was already thinking about it in ANH.

"You think a princess and a guy like me.....?"

"No."

"Grin"

Might have been a holocron that got burned out.
Interesting idea, but how does a 'cron burn out?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2018, 04:20:15 PM »

He was already thinking about it in ANH.

"You think a princess and a guy like me.....?"

"No."

"Grin"
Interesting idea, but how does a 'cron burn out?

Over use.  Kind of a self destruct.  Just a thought, though I swear I remember somewhere a holocron "burned" out.  I'll research that

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2018, 04:36:25 PM »

Over use.  Kind of a self destruct.  Just a thought, though I swear I remember somewhere a holocron "burned" out.  I'll research that

Bane "killed" the guardian of Andeddu's 'cron, and then ripped the data out of it.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2018, 04:41:51 PM »

Hi All,

I have an official Lucusfilm Star Wars annual (published in 2010 by Pedigree Books) and it states that Han was born 29 BBY, Leia in 19 BBY and Chewie was born 200 BBY. I don't know if this canon or not anymore but as I say it is a Lucasfilm authorised publication.

So if Chewie was born 200 BBY and he tells Han he is 190 years old in SOLO, then that would set the film at 10 BBY.

But as Disney are so keen to swap things about they may have tweaked the ages by a few months or so either way.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2018, 05:38:03 PM »

Bane "killed" the guardian of Andeddu's 'cron, and then ripped the data out of it.
Revan's 'cron burned out in Path of Destruction but I want to say it was damaged somehow. Every time Bane would access it, it would lose more power and more information.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2018, 06:44:04 PM »

Revan's 'cron burned out in Path of Destruction but I want to say it was damaged somehow. Every time Bane would access it, it would lose more power and more information.
How do I not remember that?

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2018, 06:44:30 PM »

Hi All,

I have an official Lucusfilm Star Wars annual (published in 2010 by Pedigree Books) and it states that Han was born 29 BBY, Leia in 19 BBY and Chewie was born 200 BBY. I don't know if this canon or not anymore but as I say it is a Lucasfilm authorised publication.

So if Chewie was born 200 BBY and he tells Han he is 190 years old in SOLO, then that would set the film at 10 BBY.

But as Disney are so keen to swap things about they may have tweaked the ages by a few months or so either way.

Easy way to know what is Current canon is if it was published after April 2014 then it is Current Disney Canon.  Anything before that is Legends Canon.  But in this case it does match up.

From Wookiepedia

The Holocron's gatekeeper was an avatar of Darth Revan, and the artifact was powered by a crystal that channeled energy from the Force. However, the crystal was unstable, and the more the Holocron was used, the less stable the crystal became.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2018, 06:50:01 PM »

How do I not remember that?
You're gettin old  Tongue
Time to re-read  Grin

From Wookiepedia
The Holocron's gatekeeper was an avatar of Darth Revan, and the artifact was powered by a crystal that channeled energy from the Force. However, the crystal was unstable, and the more the Holocron was used, the less stable the crystal became.
Thanks Tepes -1 for doing the legwork

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2018, 06:52:51 PM »

You're gettin old  Tongue
Time to re-read  Grin
Bite

me

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2018, 06:57:03 PM »

Bite me
That's no way to speak to a Lady. Especially a Lady who knows your work schedule and where you live

Darkside Points Please

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2018, 06:57:30 PM »

Easy way to know what is Current canon is if it was published after April 2014 then it is Current Disney Canon.  Anything before that is Legends Canon.  But in this case it does match up.

Thanks Darth Tepes, wasn't sure of the cut off date for the switch of canon material. There are so many conflicting sources out there, I had seen quotes saying Chewie was 180 years old, Han was 32 and every age in-between. With this annual being officially licensed I thought it was the closest to the truth I could find.

point incoming DT

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2018, 07:52:31 PM »

That's no way to speak to a Lady. Especially a Lady who knows your work schedule and where you live
It never occurred to you that I let you know these things because I'm not afraid......or threatened. Cool

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2018, 08:06:46 PM »

It never occurred to you that I let you know these things because I'm not afraid......or threatened. Cool
I've shown you no reason to be threatened... yet. Just remember someone with my... unique skillset could get in if I really wanted to, then I would be rolling in Gundam models and lightsabers.  Grin

Darkside Points Please

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: