Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Finally recorded a practice session  (Read 7119 times)
Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2018, 03:58:19 AM »

Bit of an update. Got the stitches out of my hand today, but still restricted with my right hand. Max lifting of 2 lbs, and no repetitive motion. Just signing a credit card slip winds up slightly uncomfortable. While I can run a computer (slowly) with just my left hand, spinning's gonna take longer to come back. Next appt. is in about a month.

I hope you recover fully and soon. I still can't get over how you got that good in such a short time. Ridiculously smooth with great speed.
Did you work with any other weapons before you got a saber?

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

VaporTrail_000
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2018, 03:44:53 AM »

No real martial arts or melee weapons except very basic collapsible baton and self defense... Started with sabers when I got my collection.

Though I did play around with a hiking staff about twenty-five, thirty years ago. Far too much for my mom's peace of mind, since I tended to do it indoors... but not really a lot. Since I was doing it cold, no google, no you-tube, no friends with martial arts experience, etc., the most complicated I got was a fairly slow figure eight and a clumsy behind-the-back pass...

Guess enough of that stuck enough to be picked back up very quickly. As I said, Masters Venturous' and  Cephalus' tutorials were invaluable for technique pointers as well as just basic "what you can do" info.

Though I will say that given part of my job is very boring and static and I often had a broom available, practice time was easy to come by.

Dark Apprentice LE V4 In Guardian Blue (Winter Sale Free Initiate)
Initiate V4 in Consular Green (Winter Sale Free Mystery Box)
Dark Initiate V4 LE in Consular Green, w/ LI-Ion pack (Winter Raffle 3rd Prize)
1 Diamond Initiate V4 LE
1 Diamond Dark Initiate V4

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2018, 04:00:06 AM »

No real martial arts or melee weapons except very basic collapsible baton and self defense... Started with sabers when I got my collection.

Though I did play around with a hiking staff about twenty-five, thirty years ago. Far too much for my mom's peace of mind, since I tended to do it indoors... but not really a lot. Since I was doing it cold, no google, no you-tube, no friends with martial arts experience, etc., the most complicated I got was a fairly slow figure eight and a clumsy behind-the-back pass...

Guess enough of that stuck enough to be picked back up very quickly. As I said, Masters Venturous' and  Cephalus' tutorials were invaluable for technique pointers as well as just basic "what you can do" info.

Though I will say that given part of my job is very boring and static and I often had a broom available, practice time was easy to come by.

For me it was a garden rake handle. I at least had Youtube, but that was heavily supplemented with just going out and figuring things out. I've found it is not only good to just get out and get moving, but it can also be a way to relax in a way.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2018, 06:05:05 AM »

How is your recovery from surgery going? Have you been practicing with your left hand? I hope to see more spinning from you soon. Best wishes.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

VaporTrail_000
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2018, 03:58:01 PM »

Recovery is going well. Hand is still a bit stiff and sore, but have managed a few minutes of spinning at a time, here and there. Going to the doc to have my final followup on Tuesday, and probably cleared for full duty.  Have kept up with my left a bit. Hard part there was not transitioning to the right hand. Might have to see about filming another session and posting it. 

Dark Apprentice LE V4 In Guardian Blue (Winter Sale Free Initiate)
Initiate V4 in Consular Green (Winter Sale Free Mystery Box)
Dark Initiate V4 LE in Consular Green, w/ LI-Ion pack (Winter Raffle 3rd Prize)
1 Diamond Initiate V4 LE
1 Diamond Dark Initiate V4

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2018, 05:28:22 PM »

That's good to hear. I look forward to seeing more.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: