Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question on a new Saber  (Read 952 times)
WyattEarp
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: May 24, 2018, 06:33:26 PM »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Finally received the two mystery box ($75 & $200) sabers I ordered back on the 14th. The question I have is regarding the $200 w/ sound.  I followed the YouTube instructions on how to remove the speaker and I have a few concerns/questions.

1- After beating it against the desk (Not actually beating) it finally came out after A LONG TIME.  Is this common?  Also, the battery pack and wires were wrapped up in electrical tape.
2- The video shows that you can remove the LED and push down through the saber with a stick. However, the LED wire will only come out 1/2 at the most.

Should I return this to have these issues addressed or are these issues normal for the sabers with sound? 

Thank you!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 06:44:14 PM »

A question: did you remove the switch as well?  The wiring goes from the battery pack and electronics to the switch and on to the LED.  So if you're trying to push out the guts as it were you also need to remove the switch.

I'm not a "saber smith" and I've never actually disassembled my sabers, so my knowledge of this is all from reading and watching youtube videos.  :-)  But I can tell you that the first few times I take the battery pack/speakers/electronics out of any new saber its a bit snug and there are often sharp machining edges that make it harder to get the pack out at first.  These round off after a few extractions and it gets easier.  And all of my electronics are covered in electrical tape. 

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 07:30:08 PM »

It is common for it to be hard to get the battery pack/speaker or the first few times. Doesn't sound like you have any problems.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: