Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Aeon LE v4 with Obsidian Lite, Tri Cree Fire Orange, 32" Heavy Duty blade  (Read 1409 times)
paiyunfei
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -8

Greetings force wielders, and all other lifeforms

« on: June 06, 2018, 05:35:31 PM »

Greetings fellow Sith, and rival Jedi,

I am Darth Thunderbolt.  My acquaintances at Terra Prime recommended UltraSabers and I purchased my first saber from them last month.  So my first saber from UltraSabers is the Aeon LE v4, with emitter windows.

In my preference I would always go with the emitter windows as when the saber color shines through, it adds a fear effect on the opponent.  The only reason I can think of where I might not choose the emitter windows is if for some reason I might want to grip the hilt close to the emitter.

I choose Tri Cree for the Fire Orange because I wanted the burning color to shine more like the sun.  I've heard from fellow Sith that the Sith colors burn best on the non-UltraEdge (white coated) blades, and I intend to duel as that's what the Sith do.  Thus I got the 32" heavy grade blade (non-UltraEdge), to allow my Tri Cree Fire Orange to burn through at it's best.

The Obsidian Lite sound board works just fine for me.  I experienced an unexpected behavior after testing my saber when the hilt talked to me and said in a digital female voice: "OBSIDIAN!".  I had thought I inadvertently invoked a programmer or debug menu on the sound board.  However, it turns out simply, that I had depleted my power cells.  Swapping out my 4 AAA rechargeable batteries for freshly charged ones resolved the issue with the female voice announcing "OBSIDIAN!" and powering down the saber.  FYI, I am using eneloop AAA rechargeables which seem to provide about an hour on this Tri Cree saber with sound board.

The 32" heavy duty blade is about the same weight and size as my kendo shinai.  If you are familiar with kendo, this size/weight configuration should be comfortable.  I will say though, that I wish there were at least 2 mounting screws for the blade as with some of the older hilts.  Although I am Sith, the last thing I would want is for my blade to come flying out in case the 1 screw loosened over a couple dueling sessions.

For a video unboxing of my Aeon LE v4 with Obsidian Lite, Tri Cree Fire Orange, 32" Heavy Duty blade, please see: https://youtu.be/vQ_7Dcg7Oyg

For an action testing video please see: https://youtu.be/3FvaWCpcl2g

Lone Thunderbolt - neither Sith, nor Jedi
sabers owned:
  • Arbiter : Sentinel Yellow, Obsidian v4
  • Aeon LE v4 : Fire Orange, Obsidian lite
  • Dark Initiate v3 + extension : Sentinel Yellow, stunt
  • Aeon LE v2 : RGB, stunt
sabers sought:
  • Lost Gray - Sentinel Yellow
  • Archon 3.1 - Sunrider's Destiny
  • Bellicose - Adegan Silver
  • Catalyst - Arctic Blue
  • Sentinel LE v4 - Sentinel Yellow

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 07:10:22 PM »

Welcome to the forum, have a -1 cookie for choosing the right side. Lovely saber, FO is an under appreciated color.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 07:49:01 PM »

This kind of makes me want to give Fire Orange another chance. The tri version seems to be the go to version so

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 08:19:16 PM »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the review and videos.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 02:34:54 AM »

Fire Orange is definitely a good color choice. I used it in the Deathcry.
Welcome to the forum, and the review was well done

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 06:19:12 AM »

Enjoyed the pic and video. Welcome to the forum. Remember that there must always be balance in everything. (slightly evil eyebrow raise and smile)

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

KennayGW
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 31

Force of the North and the Far East

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 07:02:42 AM »

Looks good man. And the darkness in your personality is crazy lol. Welcome to the forum Darth Thunderbolt

Emperors Hand
Phantom V4
Diamond Initiate LE V4

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 08:50:08 AM »

Wow the fire orange blade really compliments the colour of the Aeon V4 LE hilt. Have a -1 point.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 07:57:22 PM »

Nice choice, Darth Thunderbolt!  That "Obsidian" voice wold of caught me off guard. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: