Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My first saber spinning video  (Read 2634 times)
JediMike
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 08, 2018, 06:16:15 PM »

Hi everyone. I'm new here, just got my first ultrasaber a few weeks ago. I practiced for about an hour a day for 2 weeks, then went in the garage and just started recording. Here's a few of my better clips. I have a lot of room for improvement, can't use my left hand at all yet, but I'm happy with my progress. Would like to thank Heylel Kaage for her obi ani and lotus tutorial video on youtube, very helpful!

I'm using a Dark Apprentice LE V4 with premium obsidian sound, 36in standard midgrade blade, tri-green.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE5q5FRygdI

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 08:02:34 PM »

Looking good, dude!  Not bad flourishes at all for only a couple weeks in🤙🏻 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

JediMike
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 08:47:39 PM »

Thanks! My dad made me a pair of nun chucks when the first ninja turtles movie came out, so I was already familiar with some of the wrist motions and could finger twirl. Unfortunately it never occurred to me to learn with my left hand, so I'm starting from scratch on that side.

Just for fun, here's some outtakes Smiley

https://youtu.be/NWxvL-0BcPk

I quickly came to appreciate the durability of these blades.. and of my garage opener lol

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 10:41:23 PM »

Thanks! My dad made me a pair of nun chucks when the first ninja turtles movie came out, so I was already familiar with some of the wrist motions and could finger twirl. Unfortunately it never occurred to me to learn with my left hand, so I'm starting from scratch on that side.

Just for fun, here's some outtakes Smiley

I quickly came to appreciate the durability of these blades.. and of my garage opener lol
🤣 lmao! Way to keep it real🤙🏻 i’ve broken more things i own than Ultra Saber blades, that’s for sure.  i have a vid of my first dual saber practice somewhere on here and i kept all the good biffs. And the sound effect of the shot to the precious packages😬

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 12:30:55 AM »

Not a bad attempt. I would say for the eclipse spins (obi-ani) to not turn your body so drastically. Obviously you can do that when starting out with the move, but you want to aim toward doing it while facing forward as much as you if that makes sense. Otherwise, a nice video with a nice saber. And props to you for having the courage to post the outtakes.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 01:54:19 AM »

Out-takes are just moves waiting to be mastered.
Dodging the stuff on the ceiling looked to be a major challenge there

JediMike
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 07:33:43 PM »

Thanks guys. Will work on my form.. I have 2 32in mystery boxes on the way, so the shorter blade should help. They should be here tomorrow, got a 75 and a 200. Can't wait to see what I got! These are my first mystery boxes, kind of feels like being a kid on Christmas Eve lol

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 11:36:25 PM »

Thanks guys. Will work on my form.. I have 2 32in mystery boxes on the way, so the shorter blade should help. They should be here tomorrow, got a 75 and a 200. Can't wait to see what I got! These are my first mystery boxes, kind of feels like being a kid on Christmas Eve lol
MTFBWY for good scores on the Mystery Boxes!🤙🏻

Madness
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 02:53:49 AM »

What did you get?

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2018, 12:54:45 AM »

Good job man!! I’m constantly whacking stuff inadvertently with my 36”, so ya, got a pair of 32’s and it’s better. That’s being said is like some 26”ers for inside the house. Good luck w/the MB’s.

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: