Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Fulcrum and Lost Gray for the blind.  (Read 948 times)
BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« on: June 10, 2018, 04:15:55 AM »

Can anyone describe the Fulcrum and Lost Gray to me in greater detail than the video on YouTube?
I'd really appreciate a detailed description, that highlights the saber, and possibly compares it to one from the SW universe.
Thanks in advance.

Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -424

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 09:10:45 PM »

My best attempt at describing lost gray and fulcrum, based on pictures.

Lost gray is a fairly thick smooth silver cylinder. The activation switch is about halfway down, and will be used for reference as the front of the saber. The cylinder has roughly V or U shaped openings or cutouts at the top, on both the left and right. The bottom of these cutouts becomes a thin vertical cutout that runs about two thirds the length of the hilt of both the right and left. These cutouts reveal a simple silver emitter on a black base visible through the cutouts, with a medium silver band roughly an inch below the silver emitter, and two thin silver bands near the top and bottom which I believe reinforce the cutouts (could be mistaken). On the back of the saber is a gold accessory button, just slightly higher than the activation switch. On the right near the pommel is a black covertech wheel, and on the left near the pommel is a black accessory button. The pommel is similar to a silver doorknob, but with a row of raised rectangular ridges at the thickest part, similar to the top of castle wall.

Fulcrum is very similar to lost gray, featuring the same cutout configuration and pommel. However, the bottom third of the silver cylinder is thicker/more bulbous. The activation switch is still about halfway down but is in a football shaped housing. I will again use it as reference for the front.  About a third of the way down from the emitter on the front there are what appears to be two very small gold accessory buttons on a black base revealed through a small circular cutout in the silver cylinder. Opposite this on the back of the saber is a larger black accessory button, with a medium sized gold accessory button right below it. There are two small silver "ears" at the top of the hilt, one in front and one in back. They are squarish rectangles that stick out horizontally around half an inch each.  The black covertech wheel is on the left near the pommel, and what appears to be a larger black accessory button or oversized covertech wheel is on the right near the pommel. There is a medium black band at the bottom of the cylinder where the pommel attaches. It appears to be the same silver doorknob with castle wall (parapet) ridges.

Hope this helps. I'm fairly certain these are Ahsoka Tano's lightsabers, and while I am not an Ahsoka scholar they look pretty accurate to me.

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go, looking for the places only they would know.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 09:52:48 PM »

The Fulcrum and Lost gray are twins with one being the main saber, the Fulcrum since it measures 1.6" wide and 14" long.  Two inches longer than the Lost Gray which measures at 1.6" wide and 12" long, the Lost Gray when dual welding with the Fulcrum would be the shoto saber.

The emitter and main body of both sabers are all one piece.  The emitter sits inside the dual angled opening of each saber which the opening looks like it splits down the majority of each saber giving it a graceful yet threatening look. 

The Fulcrum:
Sitting on top of each angled side of the emitter, are a single bunny ear. or tomb stones for the Fulcrum.  Right below one side of the Fulcrum, is a black knob and below the knob is a button that can be changed when ordering.  The button colors that are available are: bronze, red, green, blue, black, chrome and gold.

On the opposite side of the knob and button is the activation box which comes in standard black but can be upgraded to silver to fully match the entire saber. 

On the bottom of the Fulcrum, the saber widens up which is also where the covertec wheel is mounted which is mounted on one of the lines on the side of the saber while another aesthetic knob sits on the opposite side which meets a black ring that can be used as a point as the end of the saber.

The Pommel for the Fulcrum is similar to the Guardian where it's a ball like knob with shorter blocks that sticks out and it's all silver

The Lost Gray:
The Lost Gray does not have single bunny ears like the Fulcrum which is a dead giveaway that it's not it's larger brother.  There also aren't any knobs but there is the button right below the emitter like the Fulcrum, so another dead giveaway that this is the Lost Gray.  Again, this button can have the following colors: bronze, red, green, blue, black, chrome and gold just like the Fulcrum.

Opposing the button is the AV switch but has an oversized bezel.  Moving down the body of the Lost Gray is a covertec wheel on the side of the saber to the AV switch while an aesthetick button opposes that covertech wheel similar to the Fulcrum.  The colors for the buttons can be changed to: black, red, green, blue, bronze, chrome, and gold.  Another difference between this saber and the Fulcrum whereas the Fulcrum has a knob with the standard black color that cannot be changed.

The Pommel is similar to the Fulcrum but looks to be a little smaller in size.

Overall, both sabers are great and beautiful and can be used alone or together to complete the set.

My opinion is that the Lost Gray looks like it will be a lot for comfortable to weld than the Fulcrum since there's a lot less going on, with it, lacking bunny ears, activation box, large knobs that sticks out, etc.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: