Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What Obsidian Board is this?  (Read 4782 times)
Sparky_D
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 53

Bantha PooDoo, Ha ha ha ha ha....

« on: June 11, 2018, 02:06:00 AM »

I just picked up an UltraSabers Consular with sound on the second hand market.

I was told is used AAA batteries, so I assumed Obsidian Lite, but when I opened it up, I found a USB connector on the board.

My Obsidian Launcher doesn't connect to it (at least not in the last 3 or 4 tries), and the font is the standard Obsidian sound font, but my 2016 Dominix with Obsidian Lite does not have a USB port.

Did UltraSabers use AAA batteries on Obsidian V3 in the past? If so, how old could this saber be?

Regardless, I'm very pleased with it and it works beautifully.

Old dog trying to learn new tricks...

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 05:27:28 AM »

I don't know if they have made that setup in the past or if it was maybe a special purchase. But it looks like it has premium sound.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 01:42:23 PM »

Hi.  Looking at this I am going to speculate that the previous owner has made a customization or conversion to the saber electronics.  Perhaps as a modified repair.  Obs. v3/v4 requires the Li-Ion batteries and should have a buckpuck.  I would continue to use this saber as a LITE version.  Glad to read that you are enjoying it.  Other members may have a different opinion about what they are seeing from the photo.  Smiley

Sparky_D
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 02:32:00 PM »

I'll take more pictures this evening.

I downloaded the older Obsidian software (2.2 IIRC), so I'll try that tonight from my laptop.

If it is truly Premium Sound, I want Episode 1 sound font on it to make is more screen accurate.

I doubt the previous owner did any custom work on it. He was concerned about the LED Module rattle with no blade instsalled, which we all know is standard on most US hilts.

Either way, it was $50 well spent in my book.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 02:36:27 PM »

Yes a good purchase for that price !  That previous software might work... just remember that the v3 will only allow x1 sound font at a time.  This saber if in the original US set up would have to be older than 2014.  Keep us updated.  Smiley

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 05:58:32 PM »

I agree. This looks quite odd, a standard Obs v3 has a 2x 14500 Li-Ion power source and the board is usually attached to the battery pack. Also, a BuckPuck is more or less standard on Li-Ion.

All customizable boards (which are the v3, v4, Emerald and Diamond boards) have a USB port. Only LITE hasn't it. So I assume it's an Obsidian unless the previous owner replaced it with a third-party sound board that works with 4x AAA.

Could you remove the tape? If there's a label whose first digits are 131 or 141, then it's an Obs v3 or v4, respectively. If not, it's probably a third-party product.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 08:32:42 PM »

Damn did $50 that's a steal even if it was an empty hilt.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sparky_D
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 12:13:05 AM »

Ok, confirmed it's an Obsidian V something. Maybe V2?

I was able to connect using the old Obsidian 2.2 Launcher and changed the sound fonts to Ep 1.

Super stoked with this find!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 02:44:32 AM »

SWEET !!  Grin

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 05:59:32 PM »

v2 is absolutely possible. I joined when v3 was already released, so I haven't seen any serial no. or standard setups of v2 boards, but if the 2.2.2 launcher connects to the saber, it's almost certain that you have a v2.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Sparky_D
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2018, 08:44:25 PM »

Looking at the wired plug connecting to the board, comparing it to the Obsidian V1 Wiring Diagram Thread, and considering the serial number starts with 111, I actually think this is the Obsidian V1 sound board.

Regardless, $50 for a fully functional UltraSabers saber with sound is probably the best deal I'll EVER come across short of winning a free sound saber in a raffle.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 06:11:19 PM »

As I said, I don't have any experience with older boards.

Have fun!

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: