Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Prophecy V3  (Read 2550 times)
nolatiger
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 13

« on: June 12, 2018, 12:27:23 AM »

After a couple month wait, I got my Dark Prophecy V3 in.  Thanks to those who suggested tri-Cree- wow!

I’ve noticed that the hilt isn’t smooth and sleek like my dark apprentice and Dominix v4.  It has what I can best  descrbe as a texture on it.  Like a ribbed sheen.   Is this normal?

Sabers Owned: Dark Inititate v4 LE (Orange)MB; Dark Apprentice v4 (Green)MB; Aeon V4 (Guardian Blue); Sentinel v4 LE (hi-ho Silver); Dominix v4 sound v4 (Orange)raffle; Electrum Wind sound v4(VA)

Wish list:Graflex CE, Prophecy (either), Chosen One, Archon v3.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 02:16:46 AM »

Nice. Pics? Blade color? Tongue Its probably normal. I don't have either Prophecies myself yet so can't really help you there

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 02:27:02 AM »

Yes, some more info on what you're describing would help

nolatiger
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 04:05:12 AM »

Blazing Red.  Haven’t figured out how to post pics. 

It’s hard to describe.  It’s like thousands of grooves that you can feel with your hand.  Where as my dark initiate and and apprentice feels smooth and has a glassy look.  This has a sheen and grooves throughout. It’s a completely different feel.

Sabers Owned: Dark Inititate v4 LE (Orange)MB; Dark Apprentice v4 (Green)MB; Aeon V4 (Guardian Blue); Sentinel v4 LE (hi-ho Silver); Dominix v4 sound v4 (Orange)raffle; Electrum Wind sound v4(VA)

nolatiger
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 04:11:36 AM »

http://imgur.com/bNth7Q7

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 10:43:42 AM »

It's machining marks, I got a Prophecy during the raffle and it came the same way. The machine marks are just not as clean as other sabers I have gotten before. My Daughter who I bought a Prophecy for lady year even said the same thing, hers is not like that. Don't know if US would consider this a defect (don't would have had to notice it while putting it together) or not. It didn't bother me in mine so I wasn't worried about it. If you really think it is an issue then you need to contact US.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 09:39:40 PM »

Oh if its just the top section of the emitter end then shouldn't matter anyway, can't really see that in pictures when the blade is turned on. I personally find that kinda cool though, like old Sith battle damage or something but the rest of the hilt survived Tongue You should weather the emitter end some more, would look sweet I think =] You probably want the whole thing shiny and pretty though, just an idea

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 10:33:38 PM »

If it's like mine or is the whole body, it is just hard to get a picture. He is a photo of mine, if you zoom in you cab see the lines.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 11:01:50 PM »

Hmm. That is kinda weird then x.x Hopefully it was just like a rush job for those 3 said Prophecies and its not like that all the time for either versions of the sabers

nolatiger
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 01:48:50 AM »

It’s those machining marks all over.  I shouldn’t pretend to know their production process, but it feels like they were supposed to dip in a coating and didn’t.  It feels (to the hand) unfinished/unpolished.  Photos can’t really capture the coarse feeling.  Kind of reminds me of those old 80s vinyl holograms with the ribbed lines.  Sounds like a vinyl record scratch when you run a finger nail over it.   

I emailed Marlena and we will see what happens. 

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 02:24:29 AM »

Hi.  The black anodized coating should be smooth like this on all parts of the saber.  Smiley

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 10:56:35 AM »

You can see it real good on this picture of you zoom in on it (by the emitter holes). I noticed it right away but it didn't bother me and I already did work on it anyway.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 01:49:09 AM »

Can't really tell on mine, but that's more due to what I've done to it

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2018, 07:01:19 PM »

Just my two cents- but from what i’ve experienced, on all of my non-anodized / non-gripped saber bits, there’s micro grooves in the aluminum to give it some friction.  I mostly noticed it on the shroud for my Consular.  If they weren’t there, a sweaty hand could very easily create an unplanned projectile😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2018, 09:59:40 PM »

Yes, some hilts have those micro grooves around the diameter mostly from emitter to pommel, some don't. My Prophecies have them, the Dominix and Aeon v2/v3 don't, nor do the Reapers, but the Catalysts, Guardian and Bellicose all do to some degree, and I think that the Sentinels do too.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: