Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Single blade color or Tri Cree?  (Read 3048 times)
Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« on: June 13, 2018, 03:41:11 AM »

I'm thinking about getting a tri Cree colored saber next. I've never had one, but I've heard that the color was much brighter.  I'm  thinking about a Lost Grey with dark violet amethyst blade or a Bellicose with Blazing Red or Sun Riders Destiny.  What say you o wise and powerful forum?

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 04:38:47 AM »

I'm thinking about getting a tri Cree colored saber next. I've never had one, but I've heard that the color was much brighter.  I'm  thinking about a Lost Grey with dark violet amethyst blade or a Bellicose with Blazing Red or Sun Riders Destiny.  What say you o wise and powerful forum?

I'm not sure about Dark Violet Amethyst but SRD doesn't come in Tri (maybe I'm wrong...?) and obviously Blazing Red does. My first saber was single blue and my newest is Tri-Red and yikes it is bright in comparison. It isn't a perfect comparison obviously, but Tri-Red is bright enough that it actually messes with my eyes in dark environments and if I'm honest, all my sabers from now on will be Tri if possible. I love the looks of the Bellicose so I cast my opinion for that hilt.  Smiley

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 06:11:37 AM »

You could get a Tri Cree - Adegan Silver Saber with colour discs if you want different colours. I bought one for my Belicose but have installed it yet.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 10:43:22 AM »

I have a Menace in BR and a Prophecy in Tri Cree BR. In person you can see a difference but I don't think it is a huge difference. If you are just getting a single color and have no interest in FOC then go Tri Cree. If you like FOC or don't had a saber with it, then I would lean toward getting it VS the Tri Cree.

Below is a picture of the two sabers I have that I talked about above. It this picture they look almost the same. The top is single BR and bottom one is Tri Cree. Both are in UE mid grade blades.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 04:37:06 PM »

Dark Violet Amethyst doesn't come in Tri-Cree unfortunately (it would be awesome if it did though).   So from the three colors you mentioned then only Blazing Red is offered in Tri-Cree.  There is also Tri-Cree Arctic Blue which I have and is very nice as per below:

Like as has been mentioned, if you don't want FOC and can spare the extra cash for the upgrade, Tri-Cree is worth it in my opinion.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Madness
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 04:56:07 PM »

Dark Violet Amethyst doesn't come in Tri-Cree unfortunately (it would be awesome if it did though).   So from the three colors you mentioned then only Blazing Red is offered in Tri-Cree.  There is also Tri-Cree Arctic Blue which I have and is very nice as per below:

Like as has been mentioned, if you don't want FOC and can spare the extra cash for the upgrade, Tri-Cree is worth it in my opinion.

Is there any place you can see the single colors and different LED options available and what they look like.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 11:13:00 PM »

When you construct your saber on the website, under the choose the color of the blade step, in the drop down it lists all the different options available and shows which ones are tri-cree.  When you select one it gives an approximation of the color.  But there is no representation of the difference between single LED vs. Tri-cree there if that is what you mean.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 01:08:06 AM »

One could solder their own tri cree in an SRD or DVA by making it 2 blue 1 green or 2 blue 1 red. I don't think US will do that as of yet. Which leads me to your answer. Get quick connects and order your DVA, SRD and Tri red. Every saber your order in the future, get quick connects until you have every color to swap with all your sabers. It's not such a bad price spread among all the swappable options.

I do have a tri AS with filters. Good for a simulated SRD, light blue, green or yellow. Not so good for red or DVA.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 02:35:20 AM »

OBK, that is a good idea to do a tri-cree DVA, I might have to use that when I get around to installing quick connects on my saber.  The two blue and one green is how US does the Arctic Blue tri-cree.  But two green and one blue should do the trick for SRD.  Good to know about tri-cree AS.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 08:16:56 PM »

The two blue and one green is how US does the Arctic Blue tri-cree.  But two green and one blue should do the trick for SRD.

Yes, you're right. I keep getting the Sunriders Destiny, Arctic Blue, Emerald Green mixes confused.

Whenever I hear Arctic Blue, I think blue blue white could make a nice icy blue.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 08:38:16 PM »

Isn't DVA like 25% red to 100% blue? I don't know if two blue and one red would do the trick without powering down the red with a larger resistor then what is needed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 10:13:36 PM »

Isn't DVA like 25% red to 100% blue? I don't know if two blue and one red would do the trick without powering down the red with a larger resistor then what is needed.

Or maybe with a filter. I also thought perhaps a deep red LED with two royal blue. The deep red LEDs are not as bright as the regular red. The spectrum is different, but not as bright.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 10:30:26 PM »

TX, yeah you are about right on the percentages for DVA I remember it is in the low 20s for red and full on 100 for blue.  Didn't consider having to resistor but you are probably right.

OWK, I was just thinking about deep red for the third led in a tri-cree setup.  I have a blue blue white tri-cree and put shameem's frozen winds sound font on it, very cool!  (can't share here though, pm me if you wanna see)  Cool

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2018, 08:42:42 PM »

I know that the Tri Cree is brighter; however, you'll lose the FOC but if you don't have it or don't care for it, then having a brighter blade would be the way to go.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: