Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Speaker cover using a blade plug  (Read 1814 times)
Madness
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -61

« on: June 13, 2018, 02:09:14 PM »

Hello all, my new mystery box saber came with no grill over the speaker and this had me concerned. I jumped online and found the price of one with a grill to be a little more than I want to spend after I already aged my current. So I started looking for a solution. I saw my blade plug sitting there, it has precut holes from Ultrasaber and I wondered how much sound it would let out.. So I took the plunge and cut the top part of my blade plug off leaving plenty for the glue to adhere to (I tried to leave enough so it would fill the whole pummel shaft leaving a bit off the top edge so I could seal around the plug so sound would not leak around the edges). once all glue in I popped it on and noticed the sound was a bit muffled, so I took a drill and drilled out the center now it's perfect and my speaker is protected and I think it looks pretty good.

For some reason no matter how I do images they don't work so here is the album, showing the problem (gaping hole unprotected speaker) the first result (no hole in the center) and the final (center drilled out) https://imgur.com/a/MsteRfl let me know if you have any questions, this was very easy to do and only took a chop saw and some glue.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 02:29:18 PM »

The standard vented pommel has that big open hole, not a great design. You did an awesome job, I love how it looks now!

You can find out how to post pics Here

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 04:02:24 PM »

The standard vented pommel has that big open hole, not a great design. You did an awesome job, I love how it looks now!

You can find out how to post pics Here

Thanks, still does not work, under this is an image I think its the size I am going to resize and upload. I even tried doing the force size option you can do in forums using the width and hight tags and noda.. But thanks for trying to help and thanks for the kind words!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 04:07:00 PM »

Hi.  It does look good.  I'm guessing that you have glued it to the pommel ring.  When you want to add a imgur pic you need to go to the right side of screen and scroll down to BBCcode ( message board & forums ) click copy.  Then return to your open post and press Ctrl & v keys at the same time.  This will add the photo that is displayed when you press post message.  If you are using an ipad or cell phone someone else will have to assist you.  Smiley

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 04:08:05 PM »

got it Smiley needed to add .jpg to my url for some reason.. Thanks for the help

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 04:10:13 PM »

Hi.  It does look good.  I'm guessing that you have glued it to the pommel ring.  When you want to add a imgur pic you need to go to the right side of screen and scroll down to BBCcode ( message board & forums ) click copy.  Then return to your open post and press Ctrl & v keys at the same time.  This will add the photo that is displayed when you press post message.  If you are using an ipad or cell phone someone else will have to assist you.  Smiley

Yes I glued it to the inside of the pommel ring. I left enough of the plastic from the blade plug so it would stick well, then ran a bead of hot glue around it and put it in from the bottom (thread side).

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 04:41:38 PM »

Nice job, the weathering looks great!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 07:35:06 PM »

Hmm. Yeah. Cool idea Tongue I'll have to try this. Does it also muffle the sound some so its not as loud?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 07:47:30 PM »

That's a pretty cool idea, looks good on that saber.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 09:00:49 PM »

Hmm. Yeah. Cool idea Tongue I'll have to try this. Does it also muffle the sound some so its not as loud?

Yes it does, if you don't have a sound board where you can lower the volume of the installed fonts you can keep the center closed and you will notice a pretty solid volume decrease. For me it was a little bit too much so I drilled the hole in the center. You can also close or open holes with tape on the backside to reduce more if you wanted.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 01:53:27 AM »

Nicely done here. Very different look.

Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 03:17:03 PM »

That's a fantastic idea, and you really wouldn't notice the sound holes either, the blade plug blends in nicely with the pommel. Great work!

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 09:55:42 PM »

Nice adaptation. Point to you.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2018, 05:10:14 PM »

Nice adaptation. Point to you.
Thanks, amazing how inventive you can be when your on a budget lol