Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 2 Mystery Boxes  (Read 2506 times)
JediMike
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 13, 2018, 06:00:18 PM »

I just received my first mystery boxes, I ordered 1 of each (75 and 200). Unfortunately, I promised the wife I'd wait for her to get home.. so I have to sit here and look at this box for the next 4 1/2 hours (5:30pm CST). Will update this thread later today to let you know what I got and do a review. The suspense is killing me Smiley

JediMike
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 06:13:29 PM »

In the mean time, here is my first saber. I picked this one out myself, got it about a month ago.

It's a Dark Apprentice LE V4 with an arbiter hilt, windows, premium obsidian, and a tri-green 36" standard blade. I wanted green for my first saber because of ROTJ Luke.

http://imgur.com/a/jktKKRo

I love it, except that it makes an annoying clicking noise after most of the sounds. I formatted it and did a custom font using mostly classic sounds, but it still clicks sometimes. Really annoying considering I paid extra for the best quality sound. I haven't put much effort into troubleshooting yet, so I'm hoping I can fix it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 02:18:55 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 08:27:54 PM »

So you just want to torture us along with you I see. I guess misery loves company LOL.

I like the Apprentice, the Arbiter pommel (not hilt) looks good on it. The Apprentice also has a great feel to it. Nice saber.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JediMike
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 08:56:53 PM »

So you just want to torture us along with you I see. I guess misery loves company LOL.

Pretty much Smiley

I actually had a dream last night that I couldn't wait and opened the box, and saw two white papers with the hilts meaning they both came with sound. I closed the box back up out of guilt, so I didn't see any further detail. We'll see if I had a force premonition or just wishful dreaming  Grin

I like the Apprentice, the Arbiter pommel (not hilt) looks good on it. The Apprentice also has a great feel to it. Nice saber.

Right, meant to say pommel not hilt.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 09:52:22 PM »

Its been 4 hours since last update. Results? Or still waiting for the wife? Or if she gonna make a party out of it? Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

JediMike
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 10:00:53 PM »

She's leaving work now and she only works 1 exit away, so won't be much longer.

JediMike
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 10:11:26 PM »

While I'm waiting, here's my preferences. I made this list last night. The best possible outcome would be a Consular with Emerald and sound.

(grouped from top pick to worst outcome)
Color
Blazing red
Gaurdian Blue
Violet Amethyst

Arctice Blue
Sunriders Destiny
Fire Orange

Consular Green (because I already have it)
Adegan Silver (because this is like not even getting a color imo)

For the hilt, I was trying to note which character they belong to based on comparing google images.. correct me if I got any wrong.

Hilt
Consular (Qui Gon)
Archon v3.1 (ROTJ Luke)
Emperor’s Hand
Garflex (Anakin/Luke)
Chosen One (Vader)
Gaurdian

Sounds like the wife is home... going to see if she's ready to do this  Grin

JediMike
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 10:56:05 PM »

Well, I'm afraid the force was not with me this time. Got a blue stunt, which the wife loves and will be hers. For the other one I got lite sound and the Adegan Silver I didn't want. That one was also missing the pommel and the speaker is exposed. Might see if they can hook me up with one as that just seems incomplete. Will probably also get a color wheel. Oh well, ya win some ya lose some. I really like the hilts, at least, and the Gaurdian Blue was a top 3 color.

V4 Dominix LE with AV, windows, and light sound, Adegan Silver
Aeon V2 with AV, Gaurdian Blue

https://imgur.com/a/uqp9pKv

Edit: Just realized the Dominix has Flash on Clash Arctic Blue... so that's a pleasant surprise. Wish it were reverse and it clashed to Silver, but it's better than nothing.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 12:17:45 AM »

Nice. Very strange though x.x I'd actually get another silver pommel to kinda mirror the emitter, I always like doing that with my Dark Sentinel LE =] The Manticore low pommel is finally back so I'd get one while you still can. An Adegan Silver Dominix V4 LE looks really nice though for sure

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

JediMike
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 02:09:10 AM »

Now that I've had some time with them they are growing on me. I'm really surprised at how well the stunt saber with the shorter blade handles. It's so light and nimble. The blue looks really good too. My wife thinks I'm crazy for not liking the adegan silver with flash on clash. It does make for some pretty cool effects. I took some spinning video with all 3 colors for comparison, will edit and post here later tonight.

I do really love the Dominix hilt with the windows.. maybe even better than my Dark Apprentice. Since I'm using almost the same sound font I can't even tell the difference between the Obsidian light and Premium. I noticed that the light has the same issue with clicking sounds, though. That is pretty annoying to be honest. Do they all do that?

JediMike
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 04:24:28 PM »

Here's a short video showing the new sabers in action. Not my best work, but I just wanted to show how the colors look. My wife swears that in person the flashing looks amazing, she says that it looks like home swinging two different sabers in one hand (silver and blue). Unfortunately it doesn't look that impressive on camera.

What really surprised me is the blue stunt saber.. both for its brightness and the visible difference in handling. Really pleasantly surprised with the stunt saber, I thought I wouldn't like them but I was wrong. It lit up the room almost as well as my tri green and it handles like a dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9YaOVRwDuQ

Overall I'm happy with my mystery box sabers, although I'm still not thrilled about the silver. Was really hoping it would be red, or maybe purple. Oh well, the flash on clash is a nice consolation prize at least.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 08:54:03 PM »

Did you contact them yet about the missing pommel, have seen that before with a MB and they sent one fast!

It would be pretty easy to switch the two colors AS and AB if you know how to solder, or one somebody that does.

A good looking pair.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 04:07:20 PM »

Nice videos with you taking them out for a spin, man.  I didn't think I would like the AS but with the sound and saber works, it looks really good. 

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2018, 06:12:04 AM »

Thanks for the video. Cool spinning too.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Madness
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 02:54:57 AM »

Also are you sure the pommel is missing like can you see the tread that you screw into. If not many of the sabers come open on the bottom exposing the speaker, I cut a blade plug glued it into my pommel and boom.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: