Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: Fate of the Aether  (Read 73350 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2018, 10:24:39 PM »

And I had to Lol with this, Karm: "And on a side note...  I think Sofa is about to take the "Reproductive Health Class" from hell...."   Um...yeah  Cheesy

Hah yeah...that's coming up in C21....

Yeah lots of threads, and a few more to come in...which is in someways problematic as much like GoT I have lots going on at the same time in different places which has been a challenge as it breaks apart narrative threads for a while...Anyway C20 is coming which will pick up with Milaea from C16.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2018, 12:54:24 PM »

I also like the Jo'Set "stalking horse" threads.   That guy is WAY down the dark path with his vengeance.  I do NOT see it ending well.   I can certainly understand, though, how this could badly tarnish the name of the entire Mack clan.  Or at least make members of the Order and the M'Tzigon government wary of rouges...

But the main event of this chapter seems to be Sith v Aethan, and we have indeed been waiting for this. Probably because we've seen them beating up on the "good guys" for a while now - lets see them hammer some bad guys!  LOL

Anyway, I love these stories, LSG.  Though we may have to discuss how to dial down the whole "god mode" thing...  ;-)

(Yeah, Karm, you're one to talk!  Darned magic crystals....)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2018, 10:27:45 PM »

Though we may have to discuss how to dial down the whole "god mode" thing...  ;-)

I wouldn't worry too much around Chapter 29-30 the main heading is 'Limitations'....

Lord_S_Gray

Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2018, 08:37:02 PM »

I wouldn't worry too much around Chapter 29-30 the main heading is 'Limitations'....
Shocked

Man, LSG...wait to keep us in anticipation and suspense  Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2018, 11:19:44 PM »

Chapter 20 — Gods and Monsters — Into Darkness
Part 1
Milaea
The lights in her room were off, as though any illumination, any source of brightness might expose the vileness of her thoughts.

She thumbed the link-orb between her breasts…it was where Kiraea and the girls kept theirs – touching skin to be activated easily.

When she had left Aethas…it seemed like an easy task, either Maynard of Valens would slide in, hook up with Jarys and Kiraea and sneak them out.

That wasn’t happening.  Jedi intransigence had stopped them finding an easy way out…a refusal to consider a truce from Sofa had them resort to what they were best at – swift merciless violence.

The fight was raging, the jungles were burning.

Why…why couldn’t they just leave them alone? Didn’t they understand that pursuing the People was counterproductive…Every time they attacked them they pushed them closer to becoming an Oblivion Army that would turn the galaxy to dust.

Sitting up she held herself, feeling the weight of the task she now had to perform. 

She hoped she would find the clones intact and an up jumped Vigo demanding a ransom.  She knew better.

Whoever did this she had to destroy – completely.  If she didn’t it was only a matter of time before the others came to join her, and they would be far less discerning in whose heads they took in retribution for the kidnapping.

Milaea felt slightly ill at the dark bargain she had agreed to by coming here – unleashing horrific violence herself to avoid the People tearing the galaxy apart in vengeance.

There was little sympathy to be had for kidnappers, yet still she felt some, what poverty or pain had driven them to think stealing other people’s children was a valid course of action? Was it simply greed – or something worse?

What had driven her to this point – a love for he People mingled with desire to curtail their anger and thereby protect the galaxy from her own family – or something worse?

And how did it all tie into her visions of the future? The increasingly burdensome weight of fear she tried to drag along a less destructive path, would she stop this in time to prevent the formless evils birthing? 

The darkness offered no answers.  The feeling of the deaths transmitted through the link-orb was becoming painful to bear…lifting it off her body she placed it in the small box beside the other four.

These thoughts were dark and ugly, unbalancing a Gray might say…she needed…a little lift…something to boost her out of the worry. 

There was still a little time, sliding her hands up along her thighs she began washing the dark away and relieving the burden of the future with her own luminosity.

<<<>>>

Milaea glided the Aethena silently and swiftly toward Jonex Mine Eight Eleven B asteroid mining colony. 

The system near Bimmiel didn’t even have a name, just a designation - MZX32905 – it was a potent reminder of just how few systems were actually explored across the galaxy…empires and civilizations across a million star systems could rise and fall knowing nothing of the Republic at all…she suddenly felt very small.

The Aethena handled beautifully, it was a marvel of Chiss efficiency, Mon Calamari smoothness, and hardy Kuati and Corellian engineering, sub light travel smooth and fast, the Blackstone hulls density inured it to many of the gravity fluctuations that rumbled most starships.

The ship was far quieter than any she had flown on before, and roomy despite its sleek exterior design, a spacious cargo area at the back flowed into a main corridor, four rooms either side, closest to the cargo bay a medical and science station, opposite an engineering and armoury room. Next to them and before the cockpit two bedrooms with their own refreshers. 

<Silent as the void the fleet slipped out trans-hyper-space smooth as silk no longer subject to the inelegant juddering of realisiation …The Outsider fleet engaged – itself - Captains turned raving mad under the invisible influence of twisted words and illusions firing on their own as Dark Blade Destroyers unleashed invisible missiles. >

“There’s a bad feeling on that asteroid…I’ll take point,” Maeson noted breaking her second sight – there was a gluggy dead feel to the aether about the asteroid

“No…” she replied, “I’ll take care of this, you hold back and see what you can find,”

He frowned about to say what she could hear him thinking.

“I’m no more important than anyone else Maeson,”

“Yes you are Milaea, you can’t pretend you’re not,” he said firmly dispelling her notions she might ever be seen as an equal instead of a superior being.

“But you don’t want to be…and that’s why I’ll do what you order,” he finished.

<<<<>>>>

They were called the Brood of the Red Claw, 29 in total comprising three full hatches from the same Mother.  The Barabels were brood mates, their mother had been a dark side cultist on Barab 1 and sought a teacher, a master.

She had found one.

They were arrayed throughout the mansion built on and into the asteroid.  The asteroid itself resonated with the energy, deep and old, they drew on to strengthen them in their test – their master had tasked them with proving themselves by destroying the one he would send to them.   

All this she took from their surface thoughts as they attacked – the darkness of this place had so overwhelmed them they had lost most rational thought and acted like primitive hunters laying ambushes or rushing in berserk frenzies. 

She marched through the tastefully affluent halls and rooms tearing them to pieces – as if experimenting with her telekinetic powers to see just what she could do. 

She imploded the heads of ambushers, slammed chargers against the grounds so hard they splattered, tore entire skeletons through scales with a micro thought, and liquefied organs of Barabels three rooms away with the sheer strength of her telekinetic grip.

She noted the cameras watching from every corner, this was testing her not them.  Whoever had taken the clones wished to learn about her…she would show them nothing unique in terms of technique, only the extremities to which she could take it 

It was not the Jedi thing to do, deliberately brutalizing one enemy in order to intimidate another…but she was no longer just a Jedi.  The Aethans were few as it was, they needed to use fear to dissuade superior numbers of their current and future enemies.

She finally reached the leader of the group, the female who had taken the mantle from the original brood mother.  It charged with two sabres, shining claws and ravenous teeth. 

It didn’t stand a chance. 

Milaea pinned it in the air and used the aether in thin precise arcs to slice its limbs and tail off, squeeze the exposed arteries and veins to prevent blood loss as the torso floated in the air. 

She pushed into its mind seeking the name and details of its true master…but it knew nothing, a shadow in a deep red robe that spoke through a voice distorting mask, the Brood of the Red Claw did not question its orders or care for minutiae. 

She could learn nothing more from the barely sentient beast and sliced its head off with a razor thin blade of energy.

<<<<>>>>

Surveying her surrounds she sensed no immediate threats.  The deeper she went down the greater the sickly dead feel became…once she would’ve described it as ‘dark’.  It was like Korriban in a way, something powerful had lived and died here, but whilst Korribans energies pooled around individuals this was more suffuse…like Aethas a whole aether sensitive species had risen and fallen here. 

She spared a glance to one of the various ‘hidden’ cameras, idly wondering if she was passing this test set for her…it didn’t matter either way, she was past all tests and judgement, she would act as she thought fit, no longer chained to Jedi dogmatism, or Republic upper class morality she was free to kill, love and live without restraint.

And she had the raw power to do so without fear of retribution or resistance, the only limit was Her own imagination.

Yes…This was what it was to be a Goddess.

….Or so the thoughts of this place wished to make her believe…it was very subtle, playing on her most base desires to act like a Goddess without restraint or care…Someone had planted subtle pride masquerading as self confidence in the aether…

But she knew this trick…in her dream fogged memories of Aethena she used it all too often to seduce and manipulate the ancient Aethan technocracy around her…

She smirked, whoever was arranging all this wanted to know what she was capable of…so far all they would learn was that she was capable of resisting and obliterating their cronies.

Another whisper in the aether, she plunged deeper.

<<<<>>>>

There were three of them, Fallen Fallanassi.

She had rounded the corner from the man-made basement into the natural caves into the screaming maw of a Rancor. It was detailed but unimpressive, she waltzed right through the illusion with a bored sigh into her helmet.

Her mind was assailed with twisted visions of Sofa being brutally raped and tortured, Soryu having his eyes torn out…all attempts to distract her. 

The deeper she went the more visual and auditory illusions they created…but ultimately they were limited to what they could scrounge from her surface thoughts for people to torture, only Soryu and Sofa writhed in agony and screamed for her help. 

Soon they reverted to more typical monsters, giant serpents and zombie like creatures.  Becoming desperate they began to try and twist her perception of space with endless corridors, mirrored walls, a perceptual abyss…

She sighed again, wandering the caverns randomly, just waiting…she checked her visors chronometer, she’d been here ten minutes, as Sofa naked and burning ran toward her screaming for help.

It was getting embarrassing, but she knew even with the asteroids aetheric energies to draw from soon the Fallanassi she sensed would wear themselves out through mental fatigue….

Finally over Soryu’s screaming as he was lashed by some random gamorreans she sensed the slight shift behind her. Milaea ducked low and shot her right arm up catching the wrist wielding a glowing electroblade intended for her back.

She clamped down and shattered it, she didn’t even need the aether, her genetically enhanced strength was more than enough to shatter bone even through a vac suit. Pulling her attacker forward, over her head and straight into her left fist which shattered through the Fallanassi’s Helmet she sent her flying across the tunnel, crumpling dead against the roughly hewn rock.

Now the other two came at her, blades whirled about as she ducked and twisted…she felt their thoughts, their memories as they tried to find a technique they knew to land a hit…oblivious to the fact that the more they thought the more knowledge she acquired off them, she saw their training, the rancor eat rancor life they had lead since leaving Lucazec, fighting, lying, killing for prestige and position,.

Their blows became even more furious, but her natural reflexes were far too quick for them to catch her…the whispers returned, yes this was the power of a Goddess…

Finally their slashes became fatigued, they were drained physically as well as mentally.  She kicked out smashing the knee of the one to her left, then pivoted into and upper cut to crack the jaw and teeth of the other. 

A perfunctory elbow to the sternum and stomp of the heel crippled each in turn as she began to rip their memories from their minds…again hired by a figure in a dark red robe years ago, treated as acolytes, but Milaea could tell to their true master they were simply playthings…Again nothing of value…she took what few techniques and memories were of use to her then smashed their faces into jagged stone outcrops. 

<<<<>>>>

The ghosts of the Mynock like creatures that had lived here phased in and out of her vision as she delved deeper, it would be interesting to study the history of this force sensitive species on this odd asteroid…she would note it for later. 

Finally Milaea reached what seemed to be the source of the prideful whispers that tickled at her consciousness. 

In a small depression at the bottom of a large black cavern were two metal and transparisteel pods, smoothly curved white of Kaminoan design…the clones…two of twenty…and before them in the dim light cast by the life support system each pod gave off was a massive figure, 4.53 metres tall her senses told her, in a deep red robe.

“At last…we meet in person Knight Milaea…”

<<<<>>>>

Lord_S_Gray

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2018, 11:27:18 PM »

Chapter 20 — Gods and Monsters — Into Darkness
Part 1
Xithar
He stared across at the dark figure of the Jedi girl he had been watching.  She had slaughtered the Barabels and the Fallanassi brutally…yet a Sith master could tell, he noted the small moments of hesitation just before each kill, this was a woman not yet completely inured to her own capacity for violence…He would have to work on that were she to become his new apprentice.

“What do you want with us?”  She said calmly and clearly through her void capable armour of deep blood red – another point in her favour, she already had an appropriate wardrobe for a Sith Apprentice.

“I wanted to get your autograph…one of the two Jedi who decimated the Temple and plunged Coruscant into the Night of Madness…I’m a massive fan,” he proffered a thin piece of flimsy with a clip on pen.

“Sorry, you’ll have to go through my manager…I can give you the holo-mail address of the fan club if you want to sign up though, we sell signed pictures and shirts, for a few thousand credits you can have a set of used underwear,”  she jibed back at him as he felt her probe him gently with the force.

This was wonderful, she had a sense of humour as well, Vectivus could be so dry…and to offer her underwear…of yes a little bit of carnality! Ah but more of that later.

“I’ll look it up on Holoogle…” he replied slowly stepping toward her, “It’s seems I have something you want as well…but you must prove you are worthy to possess it…” 

Ever since he had felt the fight on Coruscant he had known he needed one of the two involved to test against himself and Vectivus…mainly Vectivus.  This Milaea, the younger of the pair would be far easier to convince to join the Sith he determined based on her hesitancy to use violence – whilst it may seem counter intuitive it showed trepidation, uncertainty that he could manipulate into turning her loose on Vectivus.

He could not lose, if she killed Vectivus, Vectivus had proved himself unworthy compared to her, if Vectivus won…then he was confirmed his place as true apprentice and would hopefully take the hint to try harder killing Lucovis.  Such was the way of the Sith.

“…But first,” he went on before she could reply, “Like any great undertaking you need to start small…so,”

He loosened his grip slightly, gently flowing back into his own body on distant Nimban.

He tossed off the red robe to reveal a hulking Mandallian, reptilian and over four metres tall, it had pointed fin-like ears and a face protected by a long tusk-like bony plate. The mouth filled with serrated teeth and needle-sharp fangs moved as he spoke from the creature once again.

“Defeat my little toy here and you’ll have proven yourself in the first challenge…your reward for this bout…” he gestured to the two pods with the huge hand

She looked over the huge creature before her, it was armoured in a vacuum capable suit of beskar, towering over her, its fist could easily squash her flat Xithar mused.

“Did I tell you how pretty you are Milaea…almost…unnaturally so….at any rate I enjoyed your beauty so much that when I enslaved this Mandallian Giant to my dominance…well I was wearing a force illusion that looked just like you…as a result he may be rather mad with you once I let go…what having made him rape and murder his own children and all….”

He finally released his hold and slid down in his chair, the wyrms dropping from his true eyes, dead husks now their power had been used.

He slowly rose up finding his feeling in his true body once more and summoned the holo screens in front of him, a few taps shut off the views of the mansion littered with barabel body parts to the fight in the main chamber that had just begun.

<<<<>>>>

As the Mandallian giant charged fists swinging wildly Xithar could almost taste the girls surprise as she realised the giant was a force null following Xithars…preparations…no easy choke or crushing for this one, any force dregs left in the beast were gone once he had relinquished control.

She reacted with astounding speed nonetheless, dodging a heavy slam that cracked the rock floor and lit up the mixed infra-red and thermal scan footage he was receiving as the normal light wavelengths were too low in the cavern. 

Her style was typical Jedi close quarters combat, rolls and dodges, graceful slides as the Mandillian raged and tore toward her. Her sabre lit the room with a purple glow as she leapt in a ball to the neck and scraped the energy blade into white sparks against the armour Xithar had provided his plaything. 

Seeing that wasn’t going to work she deactivated it and continued to use her superior speed and dexterity to avoid being pummelled. Small lines of movement came from the back of her armour, twisting swifter than a normal eye could track, his Sith senses pushed to limit just watching her - the lines ending in the gaps between the cortosis plates on the giant. 

The Audio wave recorders on the lower left of the screen recorded four spikes of sound as four…something snapped.

Drawing on the dark side within him and on the asteroid he reached out to sense what she was doing…the Giant was a force null…but the four things she had just embedded in the Mandallian were not. 

He licked his lips in fierce admiration for her genius as she ducked another fist and rolled out from a stomp, all the while she was moving the four sharp blades she had stabbed him with through the Mandallians body, slicing it apart from the inside out.

The Giant faltered, began to rock, its movements jagged, it spasmed…and fell.

“Excellent!” he beamed at the screen before him…now for the true test…

<<<<>>>>

Milaea
The giant crashed down blood pouring from the entrances her shikkars had left in its joints.  It was a messy but effective way of killing, to embed four of the glass daggers and guide them through a beings body slicing internal organs apart.

She knew she was being watched…but for now it served her to allow it…for now…

Boots clanked against stone behind her as Maeson wandered beside her, his repeated slung over his back.

“Big ugly one…” he said through the suit comm,

“Very big….”

He pulled his pistol and put three swift bolts into its brain for good measure then strode over to the pods, pulled a device from his belt and scanned them,

“Goddesses Blazing Eyes….” His helmet light finally lit the children within…if children they still were…

They were twice the size they should be, spiked vertebrae protruding from their spines, one had a clawed soft bone hand, the other an elongated snout with randomly set teeth.

She stepped forward and expanded her senses toward the pods, there was no mind, no consciousness to fight against, only the unprompted whirl of potential sentience.

She felt Maeson tailing her thrust into each one at once…bolstering her force scan with his presence…it was not needed…but it was a supportive gesture.

And there it was, in the swirl of never born potential, a single dark thread, worming its way silently through the mutated child. Maeson’s emotions flooded with sadness, anger, despair.

“We can’t fix this” he said coldly

She nodded keeping her own emotions locked behind a wall of pragmatic logic. They both knew what had to be done…they had written all twenty off as soon as they learnt they were captured…There was a sick economics to the fact they could just order more to replace them.

“I’ll do it,” he said as his hands clicked on his heavy repeater rifle.

She didn’t give him the chance.

She closed her eyes and squeezed the tiny skulls to pieces, black, red and an unnatural green pink polluted the light bubbly bio mix they were in as the indicators on the pods went red and beeped in a low thrum.

Maeson didn’t betray any emotion as she turned and walked away. 

As she reached the chamber door she heard the dzump-dzump-dzump of his repeater shredding the remnants of the pods and the bodies to atoms, intent on leaving their enemies nothing more that could be used against them.

<<<<>>>>

Xithar

Xithar could not keep his smile off his face, the girl was a prodigy, able to detect the true seeds he had planted in the clones, and willing to destroy them rather than risk letting a tainted child grow. 

He was of course disappointed his first two experiments in Sith Alchemy and these clone had failed…but they served him still in this way – Everything would serve him.

She would make a perfect Sith Lady.

But now time to continue his experimentation on the other clones…

<<<<>>>>

The Dead Ones

As the Black Spear tip ship glided soundlessly from the Bimmiel Mine, amidst the asteroids, beneath layers of rock and substances no one in the Republic had yet analysed, an observer stroked a fleshy bulbous growth to communicate across to the sister blob of bio matter all that had been learnt.

<<<<>>>>

Lord_S_Gray

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2018, 02:37:38 PM »

Nice....

So, Milaea is fighting to prevent the Oblivion Army.  Xithar is not helping her....

One thing: Holoogle!   Brilliant!  :-)

The battle was brutal.  Her time training with the other Aethans has progressed her.  I almost feel sorry for Xithar.  Almost.  I do feel sorry for the rest of the children.  To be the subject of Sith Alchemy experiments...   *shudder*

Still, nicely done.  I suspect that Milaea will be more than Xithar can handle, even if he has Vivectus to help him...

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2018, 06:41:47 PM »

You know, while Milaea may definitely be more powerful than Xithar, I'm thinking that she hasn't yet experienced a foe with his sensibilities, or should I say "lack of."  Supremely patient, a willingness to do anything to further his aims, and an absolute disregard for anyone other than him; yeah, I think we're going to get a surprise about how our Sith Lord matches up against the neo-goddess.  But I'm thinking that it's going to be one hell of a learning curve for them both  Wink

Nice switch up, LSG.  Tonally, his chapter was much different (as it should be!)  Now with the inclusion of the Banite Sith, we'll get to see how Mili's dreams of averting the Oblivion Army survive the confrontation (those poor clone embryos  Sad). 

BTW, it still never ceases to amaze me of your encyclopedic knowledge of SW.  I'd never even heard of the Fallanassi  Cheesy   Absolutely wonderful integration!

Seriously guys, I think that we need to have books, movies, comics covering what we've all written; certainly better than the current canon IMO  Wink

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2018, 06:57:36 PM »

I agree, Xithar is unlike anyone she's ever faced.   But he's also suffering from a fundamental misunderstanding of her.  He's thinking in terms of Jedi vs Sith, light vs dark.  From everything I've read and seen in these stories, the Aethans just do not think that way.  In that regard they are the ultimate "grays".  They simply use the force.  Period.

And Milaea will have no compunction about taking him down.  She hesitated with her kills because she could - and she knew she could.  When she's truly stressed and in a corner...   Bam.  He's gone....

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2018, 09:54:35 PM »

Thanks guys glad Xithar  works as a villain I really wanted him to defy expectations both for the Aethans and my readers. Wish I could discuss more of your comments but just too much Spoiler potential!

PS Karm need a jacket? you * shudder* a lot reading this lol!

Lord_S_Gray

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2018, 01:34:00 PM »

Thanks guys glad Xithar  works as a villain I really wanted him to defy expectations both for the Aethans and my readers. Wish I could discuss more of your comments but just too much Spoiler potential!

PS Karm need a jacket? you * shudder* a lot reading this lol!

I feel cold...  ;-)

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2018, 12:58:00 PM »

Chapter 21 — Gods and Monsters — Practical Theology
Part 1
Sofa
“Aephordaea’s words are kind and gentle, they flow smoothly from her mouth,” her finger danced out of Sofa’s mouth across her lips and down her body,

“Aephordaea’s breasts nurture and calm all her children as they lay their heads upon them,”

This was getting weirder by the second

“And Aephrodaea’s…”

“OK you’re not putting your fingers there!” Sofa finally protested

“Quiet this is important!” Kiraea responded angrily

“…here Aephrodaea gives herself and others pleasure and from here are all children are brought forth, the most sacred parts of us need the most attention,” her fingers gliding over Sofa in spite of her protests…at least her fingers were warm.

“That’s how we remember, with stories…those are the three places we produce pheromones from, most as part of natural lubrication, but some from glands under our tongues and mingled with modified sweat glands along our breasts…but that’s so technical so that’s why we use stories instead,”

“You can’t just write it down?”
Kiraea glance was scathing enough to make Sofa afraid she would spontaneously combust,

“You better listen girl, or you’ll get in a lot of trouble, you don’t want to get any more congested than you are trust me,”

“Girl?”

“Girl until you finish your lessons you’re still a girl,”

“Whatever bitch,” Sofa snidely replied

Kiraea leapt up, arms crossed and stared at the wall of the cabin, offence pouring off her.

“I don’t have to do this you know! I could let you fill up till you turn red!”

Sofa sagged down…Kiraea did not seem to appreciate how weird it was for Sofa to have a woman she barely knew touching every part of her and asking her the most intimate questions possible…but being congested with pheromones sounded like a bad thing, Sofa already felt very clogged in very personal ways that she didn’t know how to relieve.

“I’m sorry…” she conceded, “I should listen to you…its strange but I respect its part of your…religion and culture…and I chose to join it…I shouldn’t refuse to participate…”

Recalling Milaea’s lesson Sofa sat up and waited to see if Kiraea would accept.

She spun around and spread her arms, like Sofa she was completely undressed…not an unappealing sight…but still odd.

“That’s alright…Milaea didn’t like it at first either, she had her own way of managing though… I still don’t understand how your ill-informed culture became so technologically advanced,” To seal the apology Sofa leaned into her hug…only to be assailed by a wet full mouth kiss as well.

“I can feel this is strange for you…” Kiraea climbed back on the bed,

“But you have to learn…our bodies are designed to make lots of babies and get lots of pleasure doing it…and they get confused when that doesn’t happen - if you don’t learn how to balance and release your pheromones and hormones you’ll become hysterical and over sexualised…”

“Great…”

“Not as much as you’d think…now listen carefully to this story…Once Aephordaea planted a seed in her garden and it grew for three days carefully, then three more days vigorously, each day its perfume grew stronger and stronger ”

Deeper meaning trickled into Sofa’s mind along with Kiraea’s words…uterine lining develops over six days, during which sexual arousal and pheromone release gradually increases

“Then for three days it was fully in bloom, beautiful red and pink petals and perfume that grew all the bees to it with their pollen…” three day fertile period when pheromones are at their height attracting males…

“And when by Aephordaea’s blessing the stigma of the flower was touched just right it released four eggs to join with the pollen…” their four ovaries only release eggs during the fertile phase and in response to sexual stimulation

“…But the moon was dull that day so the flower constricted the style so it wouldn’t quicken…”contraception was achieved by aetherically constricting her own tubes…

“And so it was every three by three days…but one time the bees didn’t come…the Flower was fully in bloom and got confused so it sent out more perfume…and more…and more…till it got very distressed…” without any kind of stimulation during the fertile period pheromone production increases determined to attract a mate …mental states gradually shift to focus solely on mating with a nymphomaniacs hunger

“But finally the bees came back and the Flower was most happy again…but one day the bees came every day…sometimes a dozen times a day…the flower liked it for a while…but after three by three days of constant visits the bee went away again…and the flower couldn’t function…it was so used to the excitement it got very depressed…” the other danger to their reproductive biology was potential addiction to their own pleasure…out of cycle copulation was encouraged but needed to be moderated…too much would cause problems

“It made so much perfume it couldn’t stop - forgetting it needed to drink in the water from the soil and carbon from the air….finally it began to wilt until another flower sensing its distress soothed it and helped it with its own pheromones….” which was in essence what Kiraea was doing now

“So…because I haven’t jumped my hyperdrive since leaving for Sinkhole…my thinking was altered by my sex drive?” Sofa interjected

“That’s an inelegant way of putting it….but yes…you didn’t attend to your needs – you have to look after what the Goddesses have given you carefully….too much or not enough…”

Sofa swallowed back a reply thinking on what that meant…taking her transformation as a starting point…that was nearly 15 days…well over a nine day cycle…and would put…

Did I forgive Valens…help him against the Jedi because of some hormonal imbalance… it was a disturbing thought that her recent actions might have been driven not by reason or her morality but instead base biology wanting to get her man in bed….

“Is that such a bad thing?” Kiraea queried her thoughts “You Jedi think too much of mind and body as different…” Kiraea’s finger pointed up across Sofa’s body

“You’re one whole person, the combination of all things…but you can worry about that later now you need to learn the specifics….”

Kiraea’s teaching was by necessity explicit, messy and hands on, using the aether to control her reproductive and endocrine systems as a method of contraception, working out how to release her pheromones out of cycle - even as Kiraea’s understanding and experience flowed into Sofa’s mind, her body reacted in differently…each woman unique in hormonal base levels and physical stimulation responses. 

It combined physiology, biology and chemistry with theology, Kiraea reciting ever more special stories about the Goddesses to explain things…the story about Aethenaea and Aertemisaea using vibrational telekinesis to create ‘beautiful music’ in their ‘summer garden’ after ‘wrestling’ would read on paper as erotic fiction…but combined with telepathic prompts taught a useful method of rapidly adjusting thermoregulation and cognitive focus after exercise or combat by exploiting a reproductive feedback loop.   

It was perhaps the oddest few hours of Sofa’s life to be doing such intimate things with a woman she had only spoken about four times…

Yet there was warmness …their minds and bodies were melded…Sofa began to understand Kiraea deeply - the physical, cultural and spiritual were all one - there was no delineation between public and private to her…Sofa’s body and its functions were as important to Kiraea as her own.

She felt strangely…home.
<<<<>>>>
Jarys
Trailing at the end of the convoy of Chiss ships the mood was far darker.

His brother looked utterly defeated…almost catatonic…compared to the heights of action he had experienced over the last week it was a surreal parallel.  It was like sitting beside a black hole that wanted to suck him down into defeatism and despair

“It was too much to ask of yourself…of anyone to bring them back to life…” he tried to comfort Valens,

“It’s not failure to not achieve the impossible…” he thought about the other issues they were facing…the clones.

“You couldn’t have predicted they would be taken….who knows you might’ve been killed trying to stop them…we are only mortal” he doubted the Jedi would agree with that last sentence now, they had not only gotten away but Sofa’s plan had done a lot of damage – and not just physical.

It didn’t seem to be working…Jarys looked to Arxis whom they had picked up along with some 40 vornskrs kept in the hold, the Yruts in the third ship of their small flotilla kept away from the carnivores with Maynard and Xandra. The Vorynx simply blinked offering little in the way of help, made a small growl then paced back toward the hold.

Perhaps…the wookie…the simplicity of the accord they had reached.

He reached over to grasp his brother’s shoulder

“Don’t think so much brother, we plan like Aethenaea, fight like Aertemisaea, then go home and have sex like our woman is Aehprodaea…” he felt a sudden jump in his heart rate thinking about Kiraea and their moments before the hunt that had nearly killed him…his fantasies must’ve been a little strong as Valens gave him an quizzical look.

“That is our role, nothing more than that, you’ve done your fighting, once we get to Station 3 and Sofa is initiated by Kiraea…it’s what we are made for, embrace our biology,” he finished with a smile.

There was a horrifically primitive simplicity to Jarys advice, but perhaps that was what Valens needed…to not have to think too much…to just…

“Live for once instead of fighting brother, just live” Jarys finished his thought.
<<<<>>>>
Xithar
White frost came from his mouth with each breath, druasteel and medi-plas was coated in thin layers of sleet.  It was not especially comfortable for falleen in such cold places, but he would endure it.

Darth Sicara stood to the side with his monitoring equipment.  The Siniteens expertise originally lay in chemical weapons, poisons and the like, but easily transferred to relate fields of genetic analysis and biology when they had been contacted by the ‘Dead Ones’ years before.  Xithar did not trust the Black Sun’s experts in this matter, this was a matter for Darth Lucovis not Vigo Xithar.

The analysis compiled over a week of scans and sampling of the clones was…intriguing…fully unpacking what these humanoids were capable of would take years, even the best predictive models were limited, genotype to phenotype was difficult to determine in even the simplest species with much accuracy…and these creatures were far from simple.

“There are clear signs of manipulation and direct editing…natural selection does not produce such precision, does not eliminate scrap coding pairs this efficiently…” Sicara had noted

“Is it just this sample that has been edited or is it the template?”

“Uncertain at this point, I simply don’t see even the Kaminoans being capable of something like this…this is decades if not centuries of work assuming what I believe is a Human-Miraluka hybrid starting point…it would take years to analyse - the pubertal changes alone I have refrained from making predictions about…it is simply too complex.”

Xithar danced his fingers along the medi-trans-steel lid of a male infant - he had already begun his Sith Alchemical experiments, but with little success as the two offered up to Milaea as a prize showed, it seemed conventional genetics was of little aid either.

“If I were to obtain an adult sample…would that assist?”

“No…I wouldn’t be able to screen out what is environmental and what is genetic in an adult…I would need at least a few dozen to develop a reasonable model.”

His yellow eyes blinked beneath near white skin, evidence of a lack of sun exposure for his years in laboratories such as this.

“Perhaps if I understood your intentions my Lord…I could refine my analysis and work…”

“hmmmm….” Xithar mused considering his options…twenty of them…and the Terraforming Vectivus had noted…they were rebuilding a world…if not a civilization…

The Clones were a resource he did not want to waste…yet if he did not use them soon their true owners would come to claim them…a being like Milaea would find him sooner rather than later.

And so this became an opportunity…a chance to experiment with an idea he had entertained in recent years as he waited for Vectivus to attempt to kill him and take his mantle….

“Prepare five of them for awakening…I have a plan in mind,”
<<<<>>>>
Sofa
“So your Goddesses…” Sofa noted in between lessons, the small cabin filled with the creamy musk of pheromones,.

“They’re yours too now,”

“Right…so you actually believe in them, as in they exist out there somewhere,”

“Ugh so much ignorance,” Kiraea seemed exasperated 

“The Goddesses exist in us, around us, outside us,”

“Riiiight…” Sofa replied not understanding at all,

“Ugh…” Kiraea propped herself up “Every time we perform a Rite we embody Aephordaea…She fills us, we become her, we are her, we make her…” she gave Sofa’s breast a squeeze “When we fight, when we are brave and daring or protective we become Aertemisaea, when we are clever or learn things we become Aethenaea,”

Meaning flowed in the aether…it was a Symbiotic relationship…their Goddesses were avatars of their own actions and culture…they were real in the same way a mascot represented a razor ball team….and relied on each other just as much – no team no mascot, but without a mascot the team had no focus.

“Close enough for someone raised by Outsiders,” Kiraea read her thoughts,

“They are sovereign beings they can help you, fill you with strength or knowledge when you need it…but they can only help if they are strong enough first…” Kiraea hand trailed down her ribs to her legs,

“So we have to do the things that make them strong…train and fight for Aertemisaea, Learn and Study for Aethenaea….”

“Make love and babies for Aephrodaea…” These were not all powerful Deities like the Mak’tor Maker, these were visceral entities focused on one People, one Planet, limited by their followers knowledge and power, but still able to harness power and give it to those who needed it.

“Exactly, what use is a Goddess without daughters to look after?”

Sofa’s brow furrowed, “Daughters only,”

Kiraea looked at her oddly,

“Of course, how can anything that can’t bear children be sacred…males are useful in their way that’s why we have the pheromones to control them,”

“So you’re matriarchal feminist lesbians who snookle each other as a religious act?”

Kiraea snorted,

“We’re People, we don’t need labels,” she turned on top of Sofa hair falling to the sides,

“Enough talking…time to embrace our Goddess,”
<<<<>>>>
Xithar

“Is everything ready,” he asked the Siniteen

“Everything is in readiness master…the candidate and the materials positioned according to your designs.”  Kor’Sep or Darth Sicara as he thought himself to be bowed and pulled back. 

Lucovis quite liked Sicara, of all his sub-apprentices he was by far the most intelligent, the shame was his connection to the force was barely Jedi average – he would never excel, could never perform a true Dark Séance or Black Rite of Transmutation on his own.

In the back of the room he noted the tubes containing other experiments on pieces recovered from ‘Dead Ones’…a trade of sorts…he would need to speak to their leader again soon, consider how best to manipulate them into this situation.  Setting the thought aside he plucked the first fear-filled subject of this experiment.

A little stroke was all it took and the wyrm bit in, its poison glands expelling their foul contents into his blood stream…he was used to it, having built up a resistance over decades...the poison lost on him - but the concentrated power it had fed on – fear, ecstasy, pain, rage – ah that flowed freely

His fingers tingled as he prepared, his mind forming the image of what he wished to create…for Sith alchemy was more art than science.  The ancient practitioners had wrought wonders, the Massassi creatures of Exar Kun, the Sithspawn Leviathans of Remulus Dreypa…Yet Lucovis needed nothing so brutish or inelegant.  This was a more civilized age for the Sith.

Energy began to flow off of him, he was a conduit, channelling the power of fear the wyrms had fed off into the infant in the pod before him…it began to thrash and kick against the nutrient rich stasis fluid as he focused his power on what Sicara had identified as its equivalent to a pituitary gland.

Hormones released within it as Sith power catalysed accelerated growth, it sucked in the fluids around it, the pain leaching off of it as bones began to grow faster than skin and muscle.

He moderated the flow…slowing the rate at which he placed more wyrms on his body – too fast and it would burst in furious meaty growth, too slow and it would stall and rebel against the unnatural genesis.

It got bigger, and bigger, it needed more and richer nutrients than they could provide…the most primitive part took its mind as it sought more nutrients, pure survival.  The husks of wyrms, their power spent dropped off of Xithars body as he lay suspended above the tank, above him further the Wyrms vessels that he opened with the force as needed.

The infant, more toddler size now found a new source of food…newly ruptured teeth delved into the second infants flesh…it screamed in silent tones as it was consumed, the new creation growing ever faster with the influx of raw material.

This was what it was to be a God Lucovis mused as his body tingled with the flow through of energy…to create life, to twist it, to forge it to your own desires…and dominate its every thought and action.

There were three more infants for it to consume, it did so dutifully as raw pink tendrils of flesh erupted in the form of limbs, the creature swelling and pulsing with grotesquely beautiful cannibalised life.

Finally it was finished…Lucovis heaved in exhaustion as the now teenage sized being floated amongst the ruddy pink fluid that had been pure clean blue hours before, small flecks of bone and viscera floating past its face.

He had created...life.
<<<<>>>>

Lord_S_Gray

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2018, 01:05:27 PM »

Chapter 21 — Gods and Monsters — Practical Theology
Part 2

Sofa
“And then he’s like ‘rrr I’m gonna slice you to pieces’ so I pull at his legs with the aether and he flops back straight into the table smashing all the drinks anyway!”

“Pfffft” Sofa supressed her laugh at Kiraea’s story.  They got along rather well now sharing a ribald sense of humour…though having spent four hours naked and all over each other was bound to join most women together.  Although there were practical aspects to the Rites, Sofa suspected Kiraea used it to indulge her sexual desires with other women.

“What a laser brain…” Sofa noted absently stroking Kiraea’s arm…it was…disturbing how quickly she felt connected…if they connected this deeply this quickly…then Valens desire to bring the dead back, their willingness to annihilate anyone who tried to harm them was perhaps not a matter of culture or absent morality, but unavoidable biology…

“OK I have another one, before I was Master Neirai I had a mission to Senex and there was this bar…” the room filled with beeping,

“Frell, dropping to the next jump point….”Kiraea leapt out and straight to the cockpit, not bothering with clothes –a freedom Sofa envied as she picked up her panties… perhaps it was the thrill of transgression, perhaps the rush of hormones from ‘Rites’ with Kiraea…she dropped them and followed. 

“How long now…” Sofa asked as she followed her new best friend in time to see the stars return to pinpricks across the veil of night.

“Three hours out still…Adaea will meet us at Station 3,” Kiraea said rapidly punching in numbers to the console calculating the jump manually rather than by Navicomputer....Sofa took a chance and gently brushed her mind, a warm welcome was followed by understanding on astrophysics and precision calculus,

“Good you’re learning…now time to put it into practice,” she gestured to the air about her roughly where Valens depressed aura was dragging Jarys down, adopting her ‘story’ tone of voice as she spoke.

“Once Varas and Alinaea daughter of Alixaea went hunting, Varas went south, Alinaea North.  The asked Aethenaea for cunning and Aertemisaea for strength and endurance which they happily gave them.  They hunted for three by three days and then returned home with many pelts and enough meat for three winters!”

Everything was three Sofa sighed taking up the co-pilots chair.

“But they were not happy, they were both sad, and angry for having to slay so many animals even though they were allowed and needed to, it hurt them and they didn’t know how to feel better.”

Even People get traumatised by excessive violence….all the while Kiraea was still tapping keys on the console

“But Aephrodaea saw this, and she doesn’t like it when people are unhappy, so she taught Alinaea how to use her pheromones with a Rite to make her feel better…and she did but Varas was still sad…”
a build-up of cortisol and serotonin was cleared by a positive feedback loop of Aethan unique hormones present in their pheromones – Aephorisone was the name Kiraea had invented for it, it activated dormant enzymes that converted stress hormones to pleasure ones…with it they were virtually immune to biochemically driven depression, fear or anxiety

“So Aephordaea told Alinaea she should share with Varas, so she went to him and kissed his mouth full of the nectar of Aephrodaea…”

Males couldn’t produce Aephorisone, it was generated by female specific cellular structures…but they still had the enzymes…

“Varas was much less sad then but still wasn’t happy, so Alinaea held him down and used the Rite of Full Embrace three by three times and they were happy again!”

The application of pheromones alone was not enough, it needed to be combined with hormones released after sex to have full effect for both genders, the Aephorisone acted as a neuro-chemical reset and method of bonding mates together….Sofa realised what she had to do to drag Valens out of his depression.

“…it won’t solve the underlying issues…but with the clones stolen we don’t have time to deal with that right now…” Sofa said out loud…or perhaps thought loudly, the two were becoming interchangeable to her

Kiraea nodded “You need to look after your mate, husband whatever you call him, and mark him as yours properly with the Rite of Binding…it’s also fun if you tie them up” She leapt up and pulled Sofa up.

“You’re a full woman…again I suppose…and that has many benefits….” Kiraea’s wandering hands stroked as Sofa breasts

“But also many responsibilities…”

The Aephorisone would change Valens pheromone receptors, he would only be activated by her scent from then on…chemically bound to her.  Something about that was unsettling, using chemical means to cure a mental issue and control someone…yet…what better way to ensure she got the family she wanted.

“We’ll be docking in four minutes…It’s what he wants!” Kiraea said excitedly “Even if he doesn’t know it yet, that is just how it works…you both plotted like Aethenaea, you both fought like Aertemisaea and now….”

Now…Sofa felt the blood start rising once more…
<<<<>>>>
Kiraea’s teaching fresh in her mind she knew what she had to do…her new people were truly a strange combination of intellectual sophistication and primitive physicality. 

Valens was slouching in the co-pilots seat, his presence little more than a whisper.  A thought squeezed the small pheromone glands under her tongue, another simultaneously spun his chair around and pinned him to it.

“Alright, no more sulking,”

“Your people and I need you out of this rut,” she almost dribbled the last words the sweet intoxicant flooding her mouth as she reached forward.

His eyes shot up and he caught her hand,

“Do you even understand what you’re doing?” He said in cold tones

“Getting what I want,” she stared down at him “And doing what we both need,”

This wasn’t the Jedi way at all…and she didn’t care – whatever it took to make her new life the way she wanted.  Whatever their recent friction she still loved and wanted him.  If these pheromones would make him more compliant then she was happy to use them.

He would be free of the doubts that plagued him for a time.  It was an easy out…and looking at her so familiar face before him…one he wanted.

He softened his grip and guided her hand to his shoulder, the strong creamy scent filled the space between them as she moved closer…to him and to getting the family she’d always wanted.  Their tongues met and the profane combination of bio-chemistry and religious rite began.

On the other ship Kiraea could only smile as she flooded her own mate, now fully recovered with Valens healing and several kilos of food in him, with her own pheromones – this would make them and their Goddesses all the stronger.

<<<<>>>>

Milaea
She flicked the small trinket between her finger, made of Grey-sleet - a mid-density mineral by Aethan standards – better known to the galaxy as phirk it depicted the Goddesses, all naked, with discrete symbols of their identity – the Bow of Aertemisaea held primed to fire, a book for wise Aethenaea and blossoming flowers on the arms of fecund Aephrodaea.  Another gift from her new family, a totem to connect her to her ‘Goddesses’.

Milaea had no memory of such devotion, the Technocracy of Aethena was secular, Goddesses were civic symbols, statues and paintings that adorned schools, hospitals, military facilities, government offices and the innumerable research facilities.  Aethenaea the ascendant of the three guiding their scientists to develop new and better genetic codes in quest of Apotheosis.

What would those scientists make of the People now…memories of Aethena mingled into symbology and myth to create a primitive religion that had no codified rules, sacred texts or tenets, only cultural memory and flexible rituals that were unashamedly for the emotional benefit of the practitioners.

She was wondering all this because it was easier to think about than the two infants she had killed, or the dozens of cultists before that. 

What would become of those two children, would the Goddesses find them?  Or were the mindless husks of no concern to them, Aethas too far to travel for Goddesses indelibly tied to the landscape and People.

The Goddesses were a mirror of the People, all their fears and hopes, xenophobia and carnality, a post-hoc justification for wanton brutality, horrific cunning and relentless sexual indulgence.  Like all religions she mused.

“They are just going on their own path…using powers without restraint, without oversight…they think they know what’s best for everyone because…of some…some book about a mythical being”

Her own words, with this logic she sent eighteen Mak’tor into oblivion…did their Maker find them?  Substitute ‘book about a Mythical Being’ for Culture or Goddesses and her condemnation of the People stood firm. 

As her thumb stroked the curved breasts of the model she wondered what kind of hypocrite that made her.  She had acted as judge jury and executioner to those two infants….aborting them for their imperfections and undoubted darkside taint…no restraint, no compassion…

She had destroyed the Mak’tor, because they acted in the name of the false Maker rather than under the auspices of the secular Republic - now she stood with a group twice as fanatical and ten times as deadly - whose belief system had neither Good nor Evil, only People and Outsiders.

“I know your true thoughts, I see through your self-deceptions,” Aethenaea seemed to laugh in the shadow of her face

“And I will make you Know Yourself,” Wisdom dripped from unmoving stone lips.

She had been wrong on Vyth, but not simply because of the horror she had unleashed – because she thought the Jedi and Republic were worthier authorities than the Mak’Tor and the Maker.

There was no high ground, no objective morality to appeal to, no divine authority, only false gods, fake queens and real monsters rending each other to pieces in the darkness of mortality.

Milaea smiled at the totem, now understanding its Wisdom – to plan, fight and mate this was all there was, the base requirements of biology, the survival of the tribe the only goal – no justification nor thought needed. 

<<<<>>>>

Xithar
His recovery would take a few days, but it was worth it to see the product…the potential…

It had not grown perfectly…subcutaneous black patches marred the being, the left arm was noticeably larger, the eyes vacant and expressionless.  Oh but it was possible…so possible to perfect it – to dominate this strange species biology just as he had the wyrms…

The first experiments had failed costing him five of the twenty, this one cost him another five to much better result…there was but one more step to prove the theory he had developed from his studies of Rivan’s Battelords, Karness Muur and Adendus transference and Vitiates dominance of alternate bodies… he began preparation for the final act.

Vigo Xithar had tasked Captain Tsen of the Nova Corps to attempt to obtain more clonesusing the navigational data on Lyr’s ship the Deft Player, the Captain had duly omplied by asking for more resources and then hiring Mando mercenaries to avoid the failure being his...clever if obvious...Lucovis had his own plan to obtain more clones of course - an old favour called in...Still Lucovis doubted Valens, Milaea and whoever was helping them would be caught off guard twice so he had to make do with what he had while he still had it.

The Creation lay face down on one altar, the ‘chosen one’ beside him – Darth Uvex another petulant boot liker dumb enough to submit to the ‘Ancient Ritual’.  Both had matching incisions cutting away the flesh from the spine – bonded wyrms wriggling as they latched onto nerve fibres in preparation for the transition.

This particular method was inspired not by Sith studies, but by learnings from the ‘Dead Ones’ and their bio-symbiosis or at least what Sicara could understand of it.  Adapted and twisted to use the Force as catalyst Lucovis believed he was on the right path.

The force revealed Darth Uvex thought this a great boon – perhaps it would be if he lived – to be implanted in such a powerful body…

The Zealots of the First Night arrayed around them – another cult Lucovis had suborned as mere workers – lighting flashing from their hands.

“Life and death appeared to me ideal bounds, which I should first break through, and pour a torrent of light into our dark world…” Lucovis recited in sonorous tones as the transference began.

<<<<>>>>

Lord_S_Gray

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2018, 03:41:21 PM »

Practical Theology ... perfect title.  The mysteries of how and why the Aethan goddesses work and exist are starting to come into focus - as is their overall attitudes toward "outsiders".  They are utterly pragmatic, and if the expression of their goddesses is in fact linked to their own strength and health it explains a LOT about how they work and why they would utterly dismiss something like belief in the Maker as both false and useless.  Milaea coming to the final conclusion that they're right - that the only true "religion" is to fulfill the basic needs of the People - plan, fight, procreate - is cathartic.  Sofa comes to the same conclusion, more because its the path to what she wants (Valens and his kids) than through the metaphysical reflection of Milaea, but still the same conclusion.

I wonder if they could come to any other, though, with the way they're wired?  These people, for all of their amazing physical and mental abilities, really are bound to their particular way of thinking and acting by their own biology.  In many ways, they lack the essential flexibility that tends to mark humanity.  Kinda makes me feel a little sorry for them.

But not as sorry as I feel for Xithar.  I wonder if Jo'Set could see the Aethans juxtaposed against a true Sith he might change his mind...

And speaking of Jo'Set, I am curious how he's going to play into this.  Bloody Macks....

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2018, 09:24:54 PM »

Interesting, especially when you think that genetic imperative drives ALL species, the Aethans, moreso.  I'm inclined to think that Karm's assessment has more than the ring of truth to it: much of humanity is marked by a flexibility in both morality and tolerance.  Of course, such freedom has always carried a price, and one not always paid by the guilty party(ies).  That's what makes the Aethans an intriguing character study.

Now here's a Sith who is deep in the Alchemical practices of the Dark Side.  Something that we really haven't explored much, up until now.  Making matters worse: Xithar is perverting the Aethan embryos to serve his own purposes.  Yeah, this will end well  Grin

Hmm.  And just what is Jo'set up to?  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: