Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Can not find Emerald usb port??  (Read 2701 times)
babygrand113
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 15, 2018, 08:05:03 AM »

i just recieved my ultrasaber diamond saber rgb w saber..for the life of me i can not locate more than 1 usb..and thats at the base of the battery on the left..further up everything is taped with black tape very tight..i pulled the battery out as far as i can withough breaking the wires..does anyone have pictures they can post to help me locate this usb so i can customize my colors??

when i turn on the launcher..saber goes black and nothing i do with color affects it. also can not test either..is there only 1 usb and im doing something incorrectly??

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 06:32:34 PM »

You're stating in your subject that you have an Emerald saber, but in the post you say you have a Diamond.
Can you please check which board you have? Emerald is a rather short board where Diamond (and Obsidian) is a long board. Or check your order on your account page, it should also tell you which kind of saber you have.

If you have and Emerald + Obsidian saber, the first port you see when pulling out the battery pack is for Obsidian. The Emerald port is on the other side near the black tape with all the wires.

You can pull out the battery pack until you see the black tape (and the Emerald port) without the risk of damaging the wires, but I don't recommend pulling it out further.

If it's Diamond, you only have one port for accessing sound and colour customization.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 04:53:56 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 09:04:55 PM »

This is what Racona Nova is talking about. Diamond on the left, with emerald & obsidian sound on the right. Diamond cards use micro usb, while emerald/obsidian use mini usb.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 09:30:23 PM »

And a question. What usb cable are you using? If it's the one that came with the charger, it won't work with the diamond card. It only pushes power, not data. I found that out the hard way, but doing a search on the forums taught me what I was doing wrong.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 04:51:27 PM »

Thanks for the picture. Yes, that's what I meant. Also, the point with the USB cable is worth checking. There are differences, some cables don't have data transfer capability, only power supply is possible. You'll have to test them. Or ask when purchasing one if they also transfer data. The cables from Ultrasabers' store are definitely capable of data transfer and power supply.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: