Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First Ultrasaber for happy Canadian  (Read 2036 times)
Rocket337
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -3

« on: June 15, 2018, 07:46:21 PM »

Hi. First I want to do a little summary in case there are some Canadians, and others, who are on the fence like I was for a few years deciding whether or not to buy one. So here goes:
  • Do it!
  • Ordered an Archon v3.1 with TRI Fire Orange and Silver Flash On Clash (will explain below) and Obsidian v4.
  • Used FedEx International Economy and was charged just under $20 for customs fees. Not too bad.
  • Took 6 days from order to delivery and I picked it up from the FedEx depot the next day as I wasn't home.
  • Everything was great.

Here's a little picture of the Fire Orange color I received:

So yeah, I did order the TRI Fire Orange and went on with the rest of the options and I looked at Flash On Clash because it was on sale. Oh, Silver, okay, I'll pick that because it's there. I don't read the big warning that says TRI and FOC are not compatible - derp. Still lets me do it after the rest of the options are chosen and submit. A week later I take it apart and see one lens and not three. I did the colors I asked for though and I'm not complaining. But to clear up the confusion, I contacted customer support (thank-you Holly and Ana) and got things sorted.

As you can see from the picture, the color is actually more of a deep creamsicle or tangerine than the yellowish tint I've seen in some other pictures of Fire Orange - I just dub it Binary Sunset instead. Still very happy and I am going to get another before Smugglers Deals end.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 01:40:20 AM »

Yeah that's actually a really nice orange color. Maybe its changed some to a different shade or something

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 01:51:05 AM »

Definitely a nice orange there. Good choice for a first saber

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 02:47:16 AM »

Hi.  Nice saber.  There's quite a few Canadians scattered mostly in Hoth Ontario, Saskatchewan, and BC.  If you are using the white filmed UE blade you will get more of the softer creamsicle effect.  The silver foil MG/HG blade will give a truer bolder orange.  Smiley

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 02:55:43 AM »

Welcome to the forum. Orange is something you don't see very often on an Archon, looks good.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 06:03:10 AM »

Very nice and I am loving the color.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 01:48:23 PM »

INDEED, it looks pretty good to me!!!!  Shocked Shocked MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 07:55:31 PM »

That's really nice and vibrant and it's a single LED.  Good choice, man!

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 03:31:44 PM »

That blade color is amazing! Such a good choice.

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2018, 08:35:32 PM »

-1 for you, any plans with it?

Makubex
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

тнərə ιѕ no darĸ ѕιdə, nor lιgнт ѕιdə.

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 01:17:39 PM »

Hi. First I want to do a little summary in case there are some Canadians, and others, who are on the fence like I was for a few years deciding whether or not to buy one. So here goes:
  • Do it!
  • Ordered an Archon v3.1 with TRI Fire Orange and Silver Flash On Clash (will explain below) and Obsidian v4.
  • Used FedEx International Economy and was charged just under $20 for customs fees. Not too bad.
  • Took 6 days from order to delivery and I picked it up from the FedEx depot the next day as I

Here's a little picture of the Fire Orange color I received:

So yeah, I did order the TRI Fire Orange and went on with the rest of the options and I looked at Flash On Clash because it was on sale. Oh, Silver, okay, I'll pick that because it's there. I don't read the big warning that says TRI and FOC are not compatible - derp. Still lets me do it after the rest of the options are chosen and submit. A week later I take it apart and see one lens and not three. I did the colors I asked for though and I'm not complaining. But to clear up the confusion, I contacted customer support (thank-you Holly and Ana) and got things sorted.

As you can see from the picture, the color is actually more of a deep creamsicle or tangerine than the yellowish tint I've seen in some other pictures of Fire Orange - I just dub it Binary Sunset instead. Still very happy and I am going to get another before Smugglers Deals end.

Awesome! Grats on the saber! And thanks for the info on the colour...
And I hope that price is for anywhere in Canada.. lol[/list]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: