Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: The Quick Release Zone  (Read 9128 times)
Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« on: June 16, 2018, 03:15:47 AM »

If your thinking of getting a QRC, do it. Here is a montage of some demo's I did over the last year. Feel free to ask me any questions. Practice practice practice. Creating this thread in the Artistry section to see if we can get it going as a QRC video reference section. Let's see some demo's!

The thumb is the most common injury.....just throwing that out there.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdNU1sHu1L4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdNU1sHu1L4</a>

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 01:02:15 PM »

Ordered mine yesterday🤙🏻 your flow with the QRC is constantly improving, Resolute- and your subsequent control over that effing aluminum beater in your pike setup is amazing! I’ll be applying mine to my nagamaki approach.  I’d like to put a really short blade on the pommel end, for more of an offhand guard weapon.  My dual wield flow is still a tad “meh”, but my single handed combat flow could support some easy transitions and generally cool-looking offhand flow posing.  And i REALLY like the feel of a long-handled saber😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 02:38:04 PM »

thanks. Lots of outtakes. The first time I put a demo together it took about 100 attempts. Now, its about 20 - 25 attempts before I get something. Slowly getting there. I have some new methods im messing around with. That being said, still focusing on smoothing out the " basics ".

The Pike extensions make for a good workout. If you watch closely, when I flip grip with the staff/pikes you'll see a Kylo Rage moment when the weight almost ripped my shoulder in half. Thats why that particular demo ended there, had to nurse the injury.

Let me know if you have questions. I'd say play with your own techniques before trying anything I've done. That way, hopefully, you'll find something I haven't. Plus, when you find them on your own, they are yours forever.

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 03:36:41 PM »

thanks. Lots of outtakes. The first time I put a demo together it took about 100 attempts. Now, its about 20 - 25 attempts before I get something. Slowly getting there. I have some new methods im messing around with. That being said, still focusing on smoothing out the " basics ".

The Pike extensions make for a good workout. If you watch closely, when I flip grip with the staff/pikes you'll see a Kylo Rage moment when the weight almost ripped my shoulder in half. Thats why that particular demo ended there, had to nurse the injury.

Let me know if you have questions. I'd say play with your own techniques before trying anything I've done. That way, hopefully, you'll find something I haven't. Plus, when you find them on your own, they are yours forever.
Bingo- solidly said🤙🏻.  I’ll post them here, fersure🤘🏻

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 04:12:32 PM »

That's grand, Master Resolute!
I can imagine how difficult to operate this QRC and the way you do it is just awesome!

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 02:55:20 AM »

I see what you did there. Thanks, and nice play on words.  Grin

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 08:53:44 PM »

QRC question for you, Master Res- do you have both models of couplers?(meaning vented and non-vented) and if so, is one more robust than the other?

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 01:59:54 AM »

Vented only so far. Two of them though.

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 10:30:02 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SUnVSWXR-8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SUnVSWXR-8</a>

FINALLY!!:D working on dual wield, staff, and QRC.  yup, these things are fun! Grin

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 07:52:46 PM »

Very nice set. +1

The QRC gets easier and easier to use with some wear and tear. Made my night seeing someone else throw up a QRC video. Very hard to use but gives you a chance to train many different methods almost all at once.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 02:59:28 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SUnVSWXR-8

FINALLY!!:D working on dual wield, staff, and QRC.  yup, these things are fun! Grin

OOOH!!!!! Killing it son! I love seeing you constantly push yourself and progress. Inspiring! Points!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 05:52:56 AM »

Very nice Elwood. Your staff is looking great. I also kinda really liked the dual wield where you hold one still while using the other one. Changes it up just slightly from the norm, but still looks great. I don't think I've ever seen someone else do that before. Very cool.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 08:22:57 AM »

Very nice set. +1

The QRC gets easier and easier to use with some wear and tear. Made my night seeing someone else throw up a QRC video. Very hard to use but gives you a chance to train many different methods almost all at once.
Thanks, Master Res🤙🏻! And let’s not forget about how cool that thing SOUNDS when you use it😄! The weirdest thing to me is just having each hilt be able to rotate or “float” from the coupler’s set up- but you get used to the slight give in the grip pretty quickly. 

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 08:29:58 AM »

Very nice Elwood. Your staff is looking great. I also kinda really liked the dual wield where you hold one still while using the other one. Changes it up just slightly from the norm, but still looks great. I don't think I've ever seen someone else do that before. Very cool.
Many thanks, Taegin🙏🏻😊.  The biggest reason why i dual wielded that way was just to keep one saber out of the way, but also because my single wield is waaaaay more comfortable to me.  It started as a safety, but started to flow😁🤙🏻

And shouts and thanks to you, Silenoz🤘🏻😁! The scary unknown is only scary and unknown until you introduce yourself.  Regards, Respect, and Honor🤙🏻

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2018, 02:22:28 AM »

If only the QRC training days were always smooth.

This is more of an example of what a normal session with the Quick Release Coupler looks like. I pick 2 or 3 techniques to focus on and start to drill and drill and drill and.....you get the idea.

Only one thumb was heavily injured in the making of this video.   Cool Undecided

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8QboECuG3c" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8QboECuG3c</a>

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: