Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Comic Filter Costumes  (Read 3085 times)
Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« on: June 16, 2018, 03:56:24 AM »

Thought this would be a cool idea. If anyone wants me to take there pictures when in costume or at a cosplay event and use my " Relic Wars " filters let me know. Here are some examples. There are other options as well, gives me an excuse to practice editing.  Smiley

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 02:20:17 AM »

Thought this would be a cool idea. If anyone wants me to take there pictures when in costume or at a cosplay event and use my " Relic Wars " filters let me know. Here are some examples. There are other options as well, gives me an excuse to practice editing.  Smiley

It kind of reminds me of Star Lord from Guardians of the Galaxy donning a saber staff.  I like it!

Maldracai
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 06:18:54 PM »

First off, they look awesome. Second, what's a Relic Wars Filter and how did you make it? o.O

Taste my Gauntlet, it's the flavour of defeat.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 01:40:47 AM »

Good question

BoridrenDurist
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 21

Lightside points please

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 06:29:38 AM »

First off, they look awesome. Second, what's a Relic Wars Filter and how did you make it? o.O
my guess is the filter is something he does on Photoshop or another editing program to make a photo look like it was drawn for a comic. Do we pm you Master Resolute if we are interested or do we leave the picture here? I may hit you up on this after I make a costume.

"Your lightsaber is not just a weapon but a tool, a friend, and most importantly a piece of who you are"
Owned sabers: "Viatorem" stunt Initiate V2 CG with fleece wrap, "Riptide" stunt Prophecy v3 GB

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 03:04:45 PM »

^^^ same here

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 03:07:55 PM »

Hi Master Resolute,

I really like the "unstable" blade effect in the first two pictures and the last two pictures remind of the Rotoscoping effects used in A-Ha's "Take on Me" video...really nice. It has prompted me to try out some filters, here's two I managed (not as good as yours but I'm using GIMP not Photoshop)

Me and Maul...

I found the Droids!

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
points incoming.

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 03:09:41 PM »

They look great! If I sharpened the lines of the photo, it would not look so grainy. Nice filters.

Good questions. Its a " tri-fold " blend.
First I use Hitfilm to Identify all the " lines " in a picture and enhance it slightly.
Then I use an app DC led me onto called Artisto.
After that, it goes back into Hitfilm for more enhancements, sharpening, color enhancement and any Fx I want to add. Pictures are quick. Video takes me a long time.

Feel free to pm me or leave the photo here.  Grin

Edit - On a side note, im planning to make a Community Video of people in costume for the end of the year. I will be using normal photos that are Fx enhanced as well as the Comic Filter photos. I will only use the ones posted in this thread, as I will take that as permission to use it in the video. Smiley

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 03:19:16 PM »

Hi Master Resolute,

Thanks, I thought you had used a "canvas" and "oil paint" effect on the first two pics and added an unstable saber fx. For the second two it looked like you reduced the colour count down a bit (posterized) then added a cartoon like outliner over the top of that.

I see your methods are more hi-tech than mine!

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 03:24:38 PM »

If you have good lighting, Artisto will actually do most of the work. I actually remove some of the detail in hit film so it has a little more of a comic look. The black and gold filter is waaaay easier to work with than the Black and White.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2018, 03:32:54 PM »

Hi Master Resolute,

The two pics I edited were from a recent local comic con I attended and were taken on an old Sony cellphone camera, so no fancy stuff or lighting was used. Though the picture with Maul was shot by Princess Leia!

I have to use freeware or open source software as I can't afford more expensive options. But it makes me think and I have to be creative with what I have to use. I have started to use Blender 3D recently for 3D modelling my saber designs but may look into the video and animation options at some point too.

Thanks for the tips though!

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 11:12:26 PM »

why not

Grin Grin

Screen_Shot_2018_08_31_at_7_06_33_PM" border="0
[img width= height= alt=Screen_Shot_2018_08_31_at_6_26_34_PM" border="0]https://image.ibb.co/eK5Vsz/Screen_Shot_2018_08_31_at_6_26_34_PM.png[/img]
[img width= height= alt=Screen_Shot_2018_08_31_at_6_26_22_PM" border="0]https://image.ibb.co/foQkQK/Screen_Shot_2018_08_31_at_6_26_22_PM.png[/img]

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 11:16:26 PM »

All three of those are fantastic!

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: