Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Ultrasabers and one custom built saber  (Read 1274 times)
Kagetsume
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -18

« on: June 17, 2018, 06:23:00 AM »

Okay, so I decided to take advantage of the recent sales and grab a saber I had been eyeing for a while, the Emperor's Hard.  At the time I bought it, the coffin switch wasn't back in stock, so I got the square one.  Alas, I would have loved to get the coffin shaped one, but the square one isn't bad and with the discounts, well worth it.  Picture below:

It's a Diamond-equipped saber, currently configured purple, as 'tradition' for this saber.  I still intend to do some tweaks, such as add a subtle pulse to it, tweak the sounds some, and otherwise make it mine, but for now it's totally stock.  I do like it, it's got a lot of detail and feels extremely solid.  My only complaint, if you can even call it that is that it's a bit large.  I'm 6'2", and this thing feels big in my hands (much like the Lost Gray does).  I wish it could be about 10% smaller in diameter, and it would feel just right.  But, that said it's still a super nice saber with a lot of detail.

Also feeling daring (and deciding I wanted a couple spare blades), I ordered two $70 mystery boxes, because worst case, hey usable parts and blades!  What I got was a saber with premium sound!  Obsidian V3, in a dominix V4 hilt, with AV switch and red LED (no FOC).  Nice!  Then I started thinking ... the hilt was nice but I had been considering getting a Chosen one saber for a while too.  Well, the sales were still on,and me being the consummate tinkerer, bought an completely empty Chosen one hilt, and a red LED with FOC configured.   I then dug through my collection of misc parts and pulled out a recharge port, and a black illuminated momentary switch.  I dismantled the dominix and extracted the board, then set about rewiring it.  I put in quick disconnects on the switch and the LED, as well as the recharge port so I could take it apart again easily if I wanted to.  Then I had to carefully port-drill a 1/4 inch hole straight down through the central handle switch/clamp.  Grabbing my collection of taps, I then discovered the recharge port uses a 'specialty' 5/16-32 threading ... which I didn't have.   Argh!  So, project put on hold, I ordered one, then threaded the recharge port hole and assembled the whole thing.  And ... it works!  It glows blazing red on activate, flashes orange on clash, AND I can plug in one of my chargers to charge it.  I also set it up to be kill-key compatible, so I could charge it, then insert the kill key so the battery didn't drain while on my wall plaque display.  And thus, a premium Chosen one saber with recharge port and flash on clash was born!

And lastly, after seeing a review that said the matte emitter tended to scuff easily, I took it off and did a clear satin powder coat on it to increase its durability of finish.  It's a hefty beast, and thanks to the sales and my luck in a Mystery box, I was able to assemble a $400 saber for about $250.  Win!

And stepping away a bit and because I'm very proud of it and I want to show it off ... I've been building myself a completely custom saber using parts sourced from several places, all MHS compatible.  I wanted to use a Diamond controller in it to drive the electronics side, but Ultrasabers doesn't yet offer them separate, so I went with another board that has similar features (no gesture support and not nearly as convenient as the Diamond to configure, but does support RGBW and multiple sound fonts.  If you can't tell, I really, really, like the Diamond controller, it is super easy to configure compared to others on the market.  It is definitely a top-tier board and any Ultrasaber I get, other than mystery boxes, tends to be equipped with it.).  I also designed and printed my own internal chassis using Tough PLA (and a cheap 3D printer), then wired the whole thing up as a quick-connect setup on all switches, battery, charge port, etc.  Before assembly I did a multi-layer powder coating on it, using smoked chrome, burnished gold, then gloss clear in several layers, producing a very sturdy finish.  Then I assembled the whole thing, and the result is below:

I even designed and printed the custom rebel logo kill key inserted into it, and the buttons light up as blue/white, and flicker in patterns driven off accent LED lines.   The sound isn't as deep and nice as a Diamond, and if those ever come available as a separate item for DIY people, I will be swapping it quickly, but it's not bad as it is.  It's configurable, sturdy, and I'm happy with it overall. 

KennayGW
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 31

Force of the North and the Far East

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 06:51:25 AM »

Emperors Hand was my first saber and I love it. To me it's the best. I even chose the same physical modifications as  you did. And that last saber the one u made looks wicked. U got good taste my friend.

Emperors Hand
Phantom V4
Diamond Initiate LE V4

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 08:46:44 AM »

Got lucky on those boxes and a great way to upgrade the empty Chosen One, gives me an idea of my own. Great job on the powder coating on the custom!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Dyllan-Ame
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 145

Get your head out of your cockpit

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 01:39:48 AM »

Wow-congrats on the beautiful Emperor’s Hand and on the sabers you fixed to your liking

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 02:11:35 AM »

Nice sabers and custom build too. Would like to see them lit up sometime =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 02:20:27 AM »

Nice sabers and custom build too. Would like to see them lit up sometime =]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This exactly  Wink

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 02:55:06 AM »

That custom looks like a very nice hilt.
Reminds me a bit of the Wrath, but that's just me

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 10:43:28 PM »

love what you did with those custom builds. i too have the
Emperor's Hand. i was lucky enough to get it with the angled switch and diamond controller. it is my favorite. hope you are enjoying yours as much as i am.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Madness
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 12:52:18 AM »

Congrats man looks great!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 07:53:19 PM »

That Emperor's Hand is just a beautiful saber, the pictures on US just doesn't do it justice and I imagine that it's so much better in person.  I love what you did with the Chosen one, definitely a steal!  That last saber, wow, just wow, I'm highly impressed by the styling and details that you put into it.  You  definitely made it your own, obviously.  Kudos to you!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: