Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spooky, Haunted Thread  (Read 6858 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« on: June 19, 2018, 01:02:55 AM »

We got into this discussion somewhere else:

It seems like everyone from before 1950 is haunting their old house. Cheesy

to true.  Go to Gettysburg.  TONS of ghosts....

For me - I'm going to be royally ticked off if I find myself haunting something after I die.  That's not the after-life plan I signed up for....

Then make peace with that there is nothing holding you to this world. Spooks generally stick around only because they haven't coped with their death.

Vicksburg, MS is majorly haunted.  look up McRaven House

I'm actually surprised that so many of the ghosts at Gettysburg and Vicksburg have nothing to do with the battles that occurred there.

A whole lot went on before and after.  coming from the Vicksburg area I have quite a few stories.

Obviously, yes the battles were a mere part of their histories.... however, thousands of people died from being shot, stabbed, blunted or blown up. All very traumatic ways to die... I'm surprised there's only a small number of ghosts that resulted from that, is what I meant. Though I suppose one could argue that those exposed to death while fighting a war learned quickly to make peace with the fact that they very well might die from being shot, stabbed, blunted, or blown up, and so were substantially less likely to haunt the place after..... and as bloody as both engagements were, few non-combatants(civilians) died as a direct result of them.

I think I'm going to make another thread.

I'd like to continue things, as I like talking about this sort of thing. So this thread as to talk about ghosts, haunted houses, and other spooky crap.

Obviously, yes the battles at Gettysburg and Vicksburg were a mere part of their histories.... however, thousands of people died from being shot, stabbed, blunted or blown up. All very traumatic ways to die... I'm surprised there's only a small number of ghosts that resulted from that, is what I meant. Though I suppose one could argue that those exposed to death while fighting a war learned quickly to make peace with the fact that they very well might die from being shot, stabbed, blunted, or blown up, and so were substantially less likely to haunt the place after..... and as bloody as both engagements were, few non-combatants(civilians) died as a direct result of them.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 05:48:05 PM »

Most of the folks I know who believe in ghosts would say that a ghost is a spirit with unfinished business.  You could say that of anyone who is killed in a war, of course, but at the same time it would take an amazingly strong will to hold your spirit in this world after separation from the body.

For myself, I have to be honest.  I don't believe in ghosts.  Or, more accurately, I don't believe ghosts are the spirits of people who have died and refuse to depart this world.  I believe they are manifestations of spiritual activity, what I would call demons, working to deceive.  So when I do run into a ghost or a credible story of a ghost I get very on guard and wary.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 02:14:04 AM »

I've heard many stories. Quite a few seem to be very benign spirits who don't seem to do anything, or eve help. I once heard of one who actually gives massages in the shower....

(Sig by me!)

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 02:15:21 AM »

I once heard of one who actually gives massages in the shower....

lol wut?

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 02:42:03 AM »

lol wut?

I'm seriously not kidding. I don't remember where or when, but I heard it. Cheesy

(Sig by me!)

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 06:38:02 PM »

LOL

I think the best "ghost" story I ever heard was more of a very long joke.  It was called "How To Starch A Spook" and it was in an anthology called "Red Skelton's Favorite Ghost Stories".

Its kind of a forerunner to "Ghostbusters".  :-)  A couple of college kids use a mixture of starch and water in sprayers to capture spirits by "stiffening" them and holding them in corporeal form.  They store the spooks and then re-sell them to people who want a 'fashionable" ghost for their home.  Its a pretty fun story, and not your typical "ghost"  story.  :-)   Doesn't have the cool proton beam guns, though....

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 06:50:34 PM »

Plenty of supernatural stories from my family and my hometown.  I'll have to spend time writing them down this weekend.  Start it off with the earliest for me.  My house had at least three spirits in it.  From all of our glimpses it was an old woman, man and a little girl.  When I was about 4 my mother told me to go outside and play with Arlene (my sister).  I told her I wanted to play with the other Arlene.  Well she passed it off as a 4 year olds ramblings.  A few nights later she heard me laughing from my room.  When she peeked in she saw me leaning over the end of the bed laughing and from the light of my night light she saw a silhouette of what appeared to be a little girl with long pigtails, much like my sister had.  Mom quickly looked into my sisters room (right next to mine) and saw she was still sound asleep.  As soon as she looked back into my room she no longer saw the silhouette and I began crying.  Apparently the little girl had done something to scare me.  Funny enough as long as I lived at home my mom said she would hear me laughing in my sleep, which as I got older went from cute to creepy according to her.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 07:18:45 PM »

The first house we bought in 2006 was built in 1250 (approximatively) ... and sometimes, we spoke with her ... there was something good in this house Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 11:12:58 PM »

I like old houses. My dream would be an old Victorian style manor from the 1800's. I don't know how I'd feel about a haunted one, though I suppose most houses that old have SOMETHING in it....

(Sig by me!)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 11:54:34 PM »

Hi All,

If you guys and gals like haunted places you might like to check out San Diego's downtown "Gaslight Quarter" and the famous Davis-Horten House.

A very nice blogger I know, wrote an article about the house and the area and there are Civil-War era soldiers, spies, hospital patients all in it's history (and maybe hauntings!).
You can read a bit more about the house and district by clicking here:
https://jamiebethlaird.com/2017/10/05/autumn-aquarius-davis-horton-house/

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 03:45:03 AM »

A really good one is the Winchester house in San Jose built by the heiress to the famous rifle company.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/527411/14-haunting-facts-about-winchester-mystery-house

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2018/01/30/winchester-house-helen-mirren-true-story/1076785001/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Padm4JItZPw

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 06:29:38 AM »

Good call. I can barely remember it but I went there when I was very young. I grew up about 40 minutes away from it.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2018, 07:04:09 AM »

We lived in a semi haunted house once, my old Anakin lightsaber turned on by itself once when no one was even near it Tongue I have lots of other stories though but too many to tell about. But recently down the road of where my mom and step dad lives at is a serious haunted house x.x Right when I touched the porch I didn't feel right at all so I probably hit their boundaries or something then the main front door was even worse, almost fainted a couple times looking into the place. The mansion looked amazing though for sure. Saw an old man plain as day in period dark brown overalls up in the barn and a little girl playing peekaboo with all of us also plain as day, no lies either for I never lie about this kind of stuff. More to come when I think of other old stories =] Also visited the Mansfield Reformatory last year, had lots of crazy stuff happen x.x Heard a voice during the day and kinda went back in time and felt someone being abused and stuff, that was weird. Next big place I want to go to is the Waverly Hills Sanatorium

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 05:48:59 AM »

Good call. I can barely remember it but I went there when I was very young. I grew up about 40 minutes away from it.

Thanks.  Do you plan on revisiting it again? Remembered anything strange while you were there? I know it was long ago

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2018, 01:07:03 PM »

Thanks.  Do you plan on revisiting it again? Remembered anything strange while you were there? I know it was long ago

I might go back sometime. No particular plans to do so. I seem to recall doors and stairs that went nowhere.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: