Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Just got my mystery box  (Read 1702 times)
shotbyron
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 19, 2018, 03:23:41 AM »

So after a long 12 hour shift. I finally get home and rip this thing open! After watching all these unboxing videos, I couldn't wait to see if I was one of the lucky ones. And of course, I wasn't. This thing was as bare bones as it gets. I understand not everytone can get sounds and a bunch of extras. But it would have been nice to get at least one small extra. But I paid $75 and I got a $75 lightsaber. I would have been better off just building my own. At least then I would have gotten a color I wanted. (I got guardian blue)

But it is what it is. I bought this thing to use as a prop for a photoshoot. So sound isn't the most important thing. I may do a couple short "films" later this year. So I might even end up buying a few with sound for that. I'm just hoping I have no issues with TSA and getting these things on board my checked luggage!

I will say the delivery time was great! And the build quality seems great. Outside the blade feels a bit wobbly when you swing it. But it's tightly secured so shouldn't be an issue. And they look great when lite up. 

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 06:00:24 AM »

So after a long 12 hour shift. I finally get home and rip this thing open! After watching all these unboxing videos, I couldn't wait to see if I was one of the lucky ones. And of course, I wasn't. This thing was as bare bones as it gets. I understand not everytone can get sounds and a bunch of extras. But it would have been nice to get at least one small extra. But I paid $75 and I got a $75 lightsaber. I would have been better off just building my own. At least then I would have gotten a color I wanted. (I got guardian blue)

But it is what it is. I bought this thing to use as a prop for a photoshoot. So sound isn't the most important thing. I may do a couple short "films" later this year. So I might even end up buying a few with sound for that. I'm just hoping I have no issues with TSA and getting these things on board my checked luggage!

I will say the delivery time was great! And the build quality seems great. Outside the blade feels a bit wobbly when you swing it. But it's tightly secured so shouldn't be an issue. And they look great when lite up. 

blue is easily my favorite lightside saber color, so you did OK with that I think. If the blade feels wobbly you can try adding a single layer of packing or masking tape around it to increase the diameter so it contacts the socket better, I've done that on a hilt or two. US's blade depth is usually sufficient that the blade goes in deep enough to be duel worthy even if the circumfrence isnt quite a perfect fit, and it makes it easier to use bladeplugs too

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 10:53:26 AM »

What exactly did you get?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

shotbyron
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 01:37:31 PM »

What exactly did you get?

Aeon v3 stunt saber with a blue blade. Standard everything. I don't know. At least I got a $75 tilt. It's not like they gave me a $60 tilt or something. But for what I got, I wish I would have just customized my own. Makes me very wary of ordering any other mystery box. I could spend $75 and get the exact same thing. Or saber with a blue blade.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 06:56:26 PM »

Aeon V3 isn't bad to start out with though to see if you'll even like the hobby. I enjoy the V3 sabers myself =] I have a Dominix V3 LE Sith side so Tongue Very comfortable to do drills and stuff with too especially spins

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 07:40:30 PM »

You win some and you lose some but there's always next time.  The Mystery Boxes are Ultra Saber's lottery picks where you may get something great but there's a chance that you might not.  It's great for someone whose just starting a collection

shotbyron
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 12:27:00 AM »

You win some and you lose some but there's always next time.  The Mystery Boxes are Ultra Saber's lottery picks where you may get something great but there's a chance that you might not.  It's great for someone whose just starting a collection

This is why I bought the mystery box. It is my first saber. So no matter what I got, it would be something new. Going forward however I highly doubt I'll do another one.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 11:03:39 AM »

Aeon v3 stunt saber with a blue blade. Standard everything. I don't know. At least I got a $75 tilt. It's not like they gave me a $60 tilt or something. But for what I got, I wish I would have just customized my own. Makes me very wary of ordering any other mystery box. I could spend $75 and get the exact same thing. Or saber with a blue blade.
So no emitter windows, no AV switch, no covertec wheel, nothing extra? I would day that is not very common. What about your LED? Could be be a Tri LED?

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 01:29:32 PM »

This is why I bought the mystery box. It is my first saber. So no matter what I got, it would be something new. Going forward however I highly doubt I'll do another one.

I understand your frustration and disaapointment with not receiving something more, it's more so the luck of the draw when you buy those but there are great sabers to be had.  Don't let it deter you from another in the future and there's always the $200.00 Mystery box that will guarantee sound.

shotbyron
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 03:17:27 AM »

I understand your frustration and disaapointment with not receiving something more, it's more so the luck of the draw when you buy those but there are great sabers to be had.  Don't let it deter you from another in the future and there's always the $200.00 Mystery box that will guarantee sound.

I was debating buying one of the $200 one's. I really want one with sound. However I really want a red one. Plus flash on clash and a few other features. So I'm probably just paying a little more and building my own. With the 15% off discount I can get the Saber I really want for like $90 more. One I get all my sabers and other pieces I need for this project I'm working on, I'll have to post up a video.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 03:53:36 AM »

Definitely jump on that sale they’re having. It’s well worth it and for $99.90 more, you get your own customized saber.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 08:40:26 PM »

I was debating buying one of the $200 one's. I really want one with sound. However I really want a red one. Plus flash on clash and a few other features. So I'm probably just paying a little more and building my own. With the 15% off discount I can get the Saber I really want for like $90 more. One I get all my sabers and other pieces I need for this project I'm working on, I'll have to post up a video.

Hey shotbryon!  For me, the Aeon V3 is and always will be a favorite.   On the blade: loosen the retention screw and make sure you press it down firmly against the LED module and then re-tighten the retention screw firmly.  That will solve your wobble.  The V3 has a very deep socket, so the blade should be very secure in there, but if it isn't fully inserted with just a little pressure it can feel wobbly. 

my daughter uses US stunt sabers for movie props as well.  Search in the video forum for "A Haughty Saber" or look on YouTube for "Haughty Saber" and "Building Characters" and you'll find it.  None of the visuals are effects, they're just the sabers as filmed.  They look stunning on film with the UltraEdge blades.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2018, 12:03:39 AM »

A $75 mystery box is a teaser to see if you like what Ultra Sabers makes and are willing to make a commitment. You could have gotten a blank/empty hilt instead (which I did first off) to see if I liked the feel and heft, which I did.

These summer deals they run is an excellent time to get the saber you really like with the mods you desire with a good price discount. Also, do not forget that each purchase you make gives you award points which later on you can use to discount the price even more.  If you keep buying sabers you can eventually get a huge discount!

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2018, 01:25:22 AM »

I think the grab bag is more of an intro to US's quality and build. The mystery bags are more so of a lottery pull, sometimes you aren't lucky, sometimes you'll receive a Diamond saber like the lucky few on here.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: