Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Repairing Emerald Stunt  (Read 1135 times)
Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« on: June 19, 2018, 03:54:26 PM »

I'm working on repairing an Emerald saber that doesn't have sound. One of the battery leads has come loose from the battery holder.  Do you think it would be easier to simply solder another wire to the battery holder or replace the battery holder entirely?

The emerald driver itself appears to me to be made of 3 boards, two shorter and one longer stacked. Anyone ever seen this? Are they connected or held in place by the electrical tape?  (pics coming soon)

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 05:02:39 PM »

It depends on where the wire came loose. If you have enough wire left to resolder them, you wouldn't have to replace the whole pack. If it's not enough, replace it - especially when the wire came loose exactly where it comes out of the battery pack.

Yes, the Emerald Driver is built like that. The short boards contain the solder pins and some of the electronics, the longer board contains the remaining electronics. All boards are physically connected and not held together by the tape. Otherwise the whole thing wouldn't work, actually.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 06:57:24 PM »

It depends on where the wire came loose. If you have enough wire left to resolder them, you wouldn't have to replace the whole pack. If it's not enough, replace it - especially when the wire came loose exactly where it comes out of the battery pack.

Yes, the Emerald Driver is built like that. The short boards contain the solder pins and some of the electronics, the longer board contains the remaining electronics. All boards are physically connected and not held together by the tape. Otherwise the whole thing wouldn't work, actually.

Thanks! And, yes, the wire came loose exactly where it comes out of the battery pack. It kind of is laced through the Emerald Driver like so

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 07:01:12 PM »

Okay, seems like you have to get a new pack and replace it. That can't be repaired easily.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 08:50:34 PM »

I can't really see where it connects to the battery pack in those pictures. If you cab solder as is that's what I would do. Of course if you can't get to it get a new one.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 01:30:35 PM »

Doesn’t look like it’ll be an easy solder. I would just replace it

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print