Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Cosplay website review  (Read 6565 times)
simone
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 20, 2018, 08:42:55 AM »

Hello everyone,
Some time ago I made an Obi-Wan costume. Overall successful, based on the positive reviews I received.
Unfortunately, a machine wash made it ... slightly pink for the tabard, it spoils the Jedi effect.
I wanted to replace the tabard, so I turned to the net, and I fell on it

The link is https://www.cosmanles.com/star-wars-jedi-knight-obi-wan-kenobi-cosplay-costume-with-cloak.html

Do you know this site? Serious? Quality?
Thanks in advance !!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 10:42:26 AM »

That seems pretty cheap for a whole costume of good quality. So just keep in mind, you get what you pay for. Also that ships using DHL which usually means its coming from China or somewhere similar.

But other then just now looking I know nothing of that website.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 02:21:22 AM »

This is the most reviews that I found for the site

https://m.facebook.com/pg/cosmanles/reviews/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

simone
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 02:26:27 AM »

Yes,but I don't have enough money to buy a new one ,and this online store seems acceptable .what will happen if it comes from China or some where similar?something about the quality,or the shipping?

That seems pretty cheap for a whole costume of good quality. So just keep in mind, you get what you pay for. Also that ships using DHL which usually means its coming from China or somewhere similar.

But other then just now looking I know nothing of that website.

simone
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 02:31:51 AM »

Thanks a lot for helping me with this problem,it is amazing that you found such a review website .It does help me a lot in judge this store and make decision.But I still want ask your opinion about this store after seeing these reviews.

BlindersBalance
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 02:50:01 AM »

I have never heard of that site from before. But the reviews do look good from the link that was posted.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 06:01:18 PM »

The reviews look good and their product looks of good quality from the pictures; however, judging from the fact that I only see reviews on their Facebook page and nothing in Google or any other sites, makes me wonder.  Now, it can be that they use Facebook as a platform to promote their product but it makes me on the fence a bit.  I do notice that their Facebook page is pretty active so there's that

simone
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 07:27:52 AM »

I have never heard of that site from before. But the reviews do look good from the link that was posted.

Yes,and this is also why I choose this store and ask for help.Do you think I should browse more online store or make decision immediately.

simone
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 07:34:39 AM »

The reviews look good and their product looks of good quality from the pictures; however, judging from the fact that I only see reviews on their Facebook page and nothing in Google or any other sites, makes me wonder.  Now, it can be that they use Facebook as a platform to promote their product but it makes me on the fence a bit.  I do notice that their Facebook page is pretty active so there's that

So you judge the quality of their product from the reviews?Actually,I pay more attention to the picture from the consumers.I am little confused if there is nothing in Google,how could they promote their products,from Facebook only?That sounds like a new store.wow,I am still more puzzle.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 10:55:37 AM »

So you judge the quality of their product from the reviews?Actually,I pay more attention to the picture from the consumers.I am little confused if there is nothing in Google,how could they promote their products,from Facebook only?That sounds like a new store.wow,I am still more puzzle.
You can never judge just by photos, they could use photos from anywhere. It's easy to use other people's photos.

Just keep in mind like I said earlier in the thread, you get what you pay for. So don't expect something that looks like a million bucks for a few dollars.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 04:07:00 PM »

You can never judge just by photos, they could use photos from anywhere. It's easy to use other people's photos.

Just keep in mind like I said earlier in the thread, you get what you pay for. So don't expect something that looks like a million bucks for a few dollars.

Unfortunately this is almost universally true.  That's not to say that there aren't deals to be had but, in my experience, the quality of the product is commensurate with the cost.

If you're interested in cosplay (and I imagine you are  Wink), try Etsy. There are some good vendors with reasonable prices.

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 04:09:40 PM »

I don’t judge any place by reviews since no ma Yet how a company want to rectify a bad experience, there are customers who just aren’t satisfied.  I look at the lack of reviews especially if they market themselves as being the best or been around for some time. In the same breath, I also keep in mind that maybe they may cater to our of country customers or are out of country themselves.  I don’t go by pictures since pictures versus what you receive can differ.

I agree, saving a few bucks can often times cost more since you may have to find a new supplier and repurchase another higher quality one.  It’s not hard to pull photos from someone else and make it your own.

Unfortunately this is almost universally true.  That's not to say that there aren't deals to be had but, in my experience, the quality of the product is commensurate with the cost.

If you're interested in cosplay (and I imagine you do  Wink), try Etsy. There are some good vendors with reasonable prices.

Agreed. Finding good deals that are cost effective and good quality is the luck of the draw and far and few in between.  Watt has great and reputable sellers that can be costly but going back to what Tx said, you do get what you paid for. Do it right the first time so you won’t have to do it again.

Madness
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 05:14:39 AM »

Hello all, first a small bit about me. I'm in cyber intelligence, so researching etc is my specialty I do it every day. I've spent longer than I should have researching this company and this is what I have determined. Take this as you will, the site is only a year old as of a few days ago. The reviews almost all of them are fake if you can find them. Most of the reviewers only left a review for this site and no other some only a month after the site launched. They are located in China, this means the goal in most cases is to saturate social media as seen by their Facebook and Instagram accounts selling items at a large discount. Get as many people to buy them and once the negitive reviews start landing on sites they can't edit they change names and do it again.

Know that any facebook admin can delete bad reviews also know the majority of the items have zero comments besides a few bot accounts yet they have tons of followers. Followers, likes and reviews can all be bought keep this in mind. For instance as a joke and to prove a point I went on the dark web and bought my buddy 10,000 followers on Instagram. Cost 12 bucks. I'll let you know if I find out more but I recommend checking Etsy and pay a bit more for better quality.

Also another practice of Chinese online companies is to offset the cost by selling your info, including credit card, phone, address and whatever they collect from you. Plus because the shipping takes awhile or they us US drop shippers returns are impossible.

Madness
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 05:46:06 AM »

A little more I found out then I'm done stay away from this company. They pay for good reviews https://m.cosmanles.com/win-cosmanles-coupon-rewards

All you have to do is leave an awesome review on many of the sites they link and you get free cash at their store. Good companies don't have to pay for reviews, and while this practice is common the fact that they have so little reviews and they straight up pay people to review should be enough to say forget this jazz. I also found a few other stores they are linked to selling other stolen unlicensed IP. also, their site has no terms of service I could find so the odds are high they just sell your info and then never respond to you if they ship anything.

Hopefully you all learned the following from my research

Everything online can be faked

And in regards to Facebook remember if your not the consumer your the product. All Facebook reviews can be controlled and I once did a 3 month study of Facebook product ads and over 90% were scam sites only a few months old.

Oh and don't trust reviews unless their are 1,000s and you can at least validate some as real people. Companies have learned if you put two items one costing a few bucks more with 5 stars and the other a few bucks less with 3 stars consumers will buy the one with 5 stars damn near every time.

And last but not least don't trust me either you don't know me I could be lying about all of this. I'm not but I could be, in this day and age finding the truth online is a serious endever and most only do enough research to prove themselves right then move on. Stay safe out their guys and clearly you can tell I'm missing the research work, I've been on Vacation for a week now and can't wait to dive back in lol.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 04:29:20 PM »

Thanks for the research, Madness!  Hope you enjoyed your vacation and glad that you're back!  -1 for the great find!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: