Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Cosplay website review  (Read 6500 times)
simone
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2018, 06:23:32 AM »

You can never judge just by photos, they could use photos from anywhere. It's easy to use other people's photos.

Just keep in mind like I said earlier in the thread, you get what you pay for. So don't expect something that looks like a million bucks for a few dollars.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree any more.I once heard a saying,Pie never falls out of the sky.

simone
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 06:39:50 AM »

Hello all, first a small bit about me. I'm in cyber intelligence, so researching etc is my specialty I do it every day. I've spent longer than I should have researching this company and this is what I have determined. Take this as you will, the site is only a year old as of a few days ago. The reviews almost all of them are fake if you can find them. Most of the reviewers only left a review for this site and no other some only a month after the site launched. They are located in China, this means the goal in most cases is to saturate social media as seen by their Facebook and Instagram accounts selling items at a large discount. Get as many people to buy them and once the negitive reviews start landing on sites they can't edit they change names and do it again.

Know that any facebook admin can delete bad reviews also know the majority of the items have zero comments besides a few bot accounts yet they have tons of followers. Followers, likes and reviews can all be bought keep this in mind. For instance as a joke and to prove a point I went on the dark web and bought my buddy 10,000 followers on Instagram. Cost 12 bucks. I'll let you know if I find out more but I recommend checking Etsy and pay a bit more for better quality.

Also another practice of Chinese online companies is to offset the cost by selling your info, including credit card, phone, address and whatever they collect from you. Plus because the shipping takes awhile or they us US drop shippers returns are impossible.

WOW,you are amazing , compare to the quality of costumes in this store, I am more interested in how do you know this info.It always appear in films and fictions.

Madness
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2018, 10:05:46 AM »

WOW,you are amazing , compare to the quality of costumes in this store, I am more interested in how do you know this info.It always appear in films and fictions.

I use various methods, mainly using open search tools like Google and cross referencing posts etc. It's normally easy to spot fake reviews if you just scratch the surface a bit. I'd be happy to teach you guys some basics like using whois and other validation method to validate website integrity. The knowledge about China and it's business practices comes from months of research into shady advertisements on Facebook and just working in the field of Intel. Let me know if you have any questions I'm happy to answer what I can.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2018, 02:04:40 PM »

I would love to learn about the basics!

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2018, 02:44:06 PM »

Sure, an easy way to validate a website is you can check out https://whois.icann.org/en put in the URL and it will tell you when the site was created. When it was last updated etc their location if not hidden, this is normally a good indicator. Sure there are new companies but one that is offering too good to be true deals and is only a few months old is most likely a scam.

This website will validate some of the reviews on yelp, amazon and other sites to tell you if they are good or not. It's not perfect but it's a good indicator again https://www.fakespot.com/.

This site is a site that checks IP and Domain reputation, so you can see if this is linked to any shady business https://www.talosintelligence.com/reputation_center

This site is helpful when lookup up one off websites like the one we are discussing https://resellerratings.com/ most the reviews tend to be legitish but again it's a good indicator of shady business.

The last is a simple google search, businesses with only facebook reviews can't be trusted because can request those reviews edited or they can just pay for more positive reviews. Also keep this in mind, when you see a positive review with little context or if you click on that reviewer and this is the only business they have reviews it's most likely fake. Ask yourself how many times have you gone out of you way to leave a positive review, you are either the person who does this for all sellers or no sellers. There is no middle ground, let me know if you guys have any other questions..

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2018, 05:53:14 PM »

I've been playing around with those sites and it's awesome!  Thanks Madness!  Point for you!

simone
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2018, 02:02:21 AM »

Sure, an easy way to validate a website is you can check out https://whois.icann.org/en put in the URL and it will tell you when the site was created. When it was last updated etc their location if not hidden, this is normally a good indicator. Sure there are new companies but one that is offering too good to be true deals and is only a few months old is most likely a scam.

This website will validate some of the reviews on yelp, amazon and other sites to tell you if they are good or not. It's not perfect but it's a good indicator again https://www.fakespot.com/.

This site is a site that checks IP and Domain reputation, so you can see if this is linked to any shady business https://www.talosintelligence.com/reputation_center

This site is helpful when lookup up one off websites like the one we are discussing https://resellerratings.com/ most the reviews tend to be legitish but again it's a good indicator of shady business.

The last is a simple google search, businesses with only facebook reviews can't be trusted because can request those reviews edited or they can just pay for more positive reviews. Also keep this in mind, when you see a positive review with little context or if you click on that reviewer and this is the only business they have reviews it's most likely fake. Ask yourself how many times have you gone out of you way to leave a positive review, you are either the person who does this for all sellers or no sellers. There is no middle ground, let me know if you guys have any other questions..

Thank you a lot for your introduction,it is helpful .Point for you !!!
I first consider to ask you for advice each time before I purchase things from online stores in the future.Haha,just for joking.But now I believe I could judge them by myself after your guide.
Have you ever been cheated by online stores?
Some big brands nowadays,also sell some thing with low quality ,and they also delete bad reviews .Some people are selective in the goods they got.It seems that they only be satisfied with things made by themselves.However,the truth is that are not able to.
These days ,Made in China is here and there,do they always treat business with such practice?It is amazing.

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2018, 02:36:29 AM »

Thank you a lot for your introduction,it is helpful .Point for you !!!
I first consider to ask you for advice each time before I purchase things from online stores in the future.Haha,just for joking.But now I believe I could judge them by myself after your guide.
Have you ever been cheated by online stores?
Some big brands nowadays,also sell some thing with low quality ,and they also delete bad reviews .Some people are selective in the goods they got.It seems that they only be satisfied with things made by themselves.However,the truth is that are not able to.
These days ,Made in China is here and there,do they always treat business with such practice?It is amazing.

Not all the Chinese businesses operate this way but the Chinese government makes it very easy to do so. And as an American you have little recourse. And no I've never been scammed, my job requires me to understand these threats I'm also trained as a social engineer and ethical hacker so it's kinda the you can't con a con thing. Granted I'm paid to use my skills to increase the security of my company.

I'll tell you a story one time someone tried to scam me online, I bought a razor. It was say 180 bucks or so the guy was trying to buy time and waste enough time that PayPal would release his funds. Well using his email and a few tools I have access to I was able to get his real name. And other personal details. I gave it a week or two and saw the scam going down.

So I sent an email and used his real name, and then details from his Facebook account showing his wife was out of town.. I can't remember what the details were but it was some like this.

Hey real name,

I'll be in Tennessee next week right around real address. I know your wife is out of town but it looks like your still home. If I don't have my item or refund by then I'll just come by and snag it next week.

The razor showed up the following day and it was overnighted lol. People feel the internet gives them the ability to be anonymous but it does not. And when you expose them then tend to fold pretty quick lol.

Please let me know if you need help validating a site I don't mind taking the time if you need help. Let me know.

simone
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2018, 06:46:01 AM »

Not all the Chinese businesses operate this way but the Chinese government makes it very easy to do so. And as an American you have little recourse. And no I've never been scammed, my job requires me to understand these threats I'm also trained as a social engineer and ethical hacker so it's kinda the you can't con a con thing. Granted I'm paid to use my skills to increase the security of my company.

I'll tell you a story one time someone tried to scam me online, I bought a razor. It was say 180 bucks or so the guy was trying to buy time and waste enough time that PayPal would release his funds. Well using his email and a few tools I have access to I was able to get his real name. And other personal details. I gave it a week or two and saw the scam going down.

So I sent an email and used his real name, and then details from his Facebook account showing his wife was out of town.. I can't remember what the details were but it was some like this.

Hey real name,

I'll be in Tennessee next week right around real address. I know your wife is out of town but it looks like your still home. If I don't have my item or refund by then I'll just come by and snag it next week.

The razor showed up the following day and it was overnighted lol. People feel the internet gives them the ability to be anonymous but it does not. And when you expose them then tend to fold pretty quick lol.

Please let me know if you need help validating a site I don't mind taking the time if you need help. Let me know.

It seems hacker is far away from my life.But after reading your message I could totally understand that ethical hacker is different from what we usually hear about. Also,with such  a skill you can avoid yourself from be cheated,and that sounds really nice.Sometimes it also seems like a thief want to get some money from the police.
Here,It remind me of a TVplay Black Mirror one of its episode called 'Shut up and dance'.Yes ,We can easily see people always play with their smartphone and laptop instead of interact face to face.But your phone know all of your things ,they know where you go ,what you like and your passwords.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2018, 06:56:15 AM »

I totally say go for a Twin Roses set or Khloe's Custom Clothing. Her Obi-wan costumes look amazing and comes with ROBE not BATHROBE like okay, lol. Probably a bit more expensive than what you're willing to do but way better quality and trusted American places too and ship super quick and actually uses paypal as well. Trust me on those two =] I have costume sets from both places and love the feel of them. Look up my "Classic Jedi Zren Tobas" thread in the costumes, its my main Twin Roses set but with a Jedi Robe America dark brown robe and belt I found on Etsy. If a site such as that seems way too fishy/too good to be true just at first glance for you then don't bother with it. Twin Roses also does a Ben Kenobi A New Hope set as well. Do like a mash up of eras, Ben Kenobi tabbards Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

simone
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2018, 08:46:48 PM »

I totally say go for a Twin Roses set or Khloe's Custom Clothing. Her Obi-wan costumes look amazing and comes with ROBE not BATHROBE like okay, lol. Probably a bit more expensive than what you're willing to do but way better quality and trusted American places too and ship super quick and actually uses paypal as well. Trust me on those two =] I have costume sets from both places and love the feel of them. Look up my "Classic Jedi Zren Tobas" thread in the costumes, its my main Twin Roses set but with a Jedi Robe America dark brown robe and belt I found on Etsy. If a site such as that seems way too fishy/too good to be true just at first glance for you then don't bother with it. Twin Roses also does a Ben Kenobi A New Hope set as well. Do like a mash up of eras, Ben Kenobi tabbards Tongue
wow,It seems that you are advertising here. Khloe's Custom Clothing will cost me too much.I can not afford.After hearing what Madness said ,it is hard for me to believe things from Internet.

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2018, 03:59:53 AM »

wow,It seems that you are advertising here. Khloe's Custom Clothing will cost me too much.I can not afford.After hearing what Madness said ,it is hard for me to believe things from Internet.

You're learning, but twin roses has been around awhile and has a solid rep. I agree the prices can be high but quality is great. I recommend finding someone on Etsy or a friend that sews. It's not a hard see for when a novice semstress. Another option, get a prepaid credit card and have it sent to your work address, sadly if it is a scam no recourse but at least you don't have to worry.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: