Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: LED Diagram  (Read 530 times)
Helseno
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -5

« on: June 20, 2018, 11:24:46 PM »

got my new mystery box saber today it is lite sound Black Dominix V4  Consular green white white flash on clash.  It appears to be RGBW Lz4-24mdca-0000 LED. my thought is i should be able to make it red or even better Pyre Orange. i'm not half bad at soldering so i thought i would could change the color myself. i have two questions. 1. is this possible and 2. does anyone have a diagram showing the color posts? my google-fu is wake today.

DavidYaw
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 05:38:03 PM »

I've done what you said, but it's a pain in the butt.

The circuit board that the LED is mounted on is a metal-core PCB. (The metal core acts as a heatsink.) In order to do any soldering, you need to heat the entire circuit board. (Not enough to melt the solder, but enough that a soldering iron can melt the solder without the heat being completely sucked away by the MCPCB.) Fortunately, we have the right equipment for that at my work, but it's still a pain. (I'm not sure what the right equipment is called. It's a thing that blows hot air upward to preheat the board, so you can solder it.)

Also, you're not going to be able to make Pyrestone Orange, at least not easily. The regular Fire Orange is a plain amber LED, and Pyrestone is Amber + Red. Since your LED is RGBW, a true Red + Amber is out of the question. Since Red + Green makes Yellow, you might be able to do something with Red + a little green to get an orange, but I'm not sure how good the color will be.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: