Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Preorder via Origin (im not in the selected region)  (Read 1625 times)
Maslac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -17

« on: November 21, 2011, 01:30:40 PM »

Hi

I have a small problem. My country is not in the regions eligable for pre orders of SWTOR. I was thinking about using a proxy, and then ordering the digital version online via Origin. Im not sure i will be able to do that (without some good cramfoo) so my question is as follows:

Anyone willing to make a purchase for me, ill send you the money via paypaly or whatever prior to your purchase (ill trust you) that youll have to do with my account.

Is this a realy bad idea ? :S I just want the able to play in the pre launch...

Anyone willing to help or know how to get around the regional thingie with a proxy, pls send me a PM

Maslac

Thanks alot

Anakin 2010 FX - blue (not converted yet)
Phantasm - 2x blazing red ; modified with claws (pics soon)
Consular - Blazing red/guardian blue ; modified with War glaive pommel

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 02:36:15 PM »

I'm not gonna quash this idea right away, but I gotta ask - if it's not in the region eligible for preorder, will you be able to play it even if someone else buys it for you?  I don't want you to go through all that work and then not be able to play the game...

Maslac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 02:43:14 PM »

I dont think they will limit any IP ranges when trying to connect to the servers, but the pre order itself limits IP ranges to some countries (Origin). Since allmost all my neighboring countries have the ability to pre order via Origin, i dont see any limitations here.

But i will dig some more info just to be sure, thanks Nero

Anakin 2010 FX - blue (not converted yet)
Phantasm - 2x blazing red ; modified with claws (pics soon)
Consular - Blazing red/guardian blue ; modified with War glaive pommel

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: