Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Background Crackle/Sound Dimming on brand new Aeon v4 Emerald with sound  (Read 3255 times)
Darth Trivius
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -17

« on: June 30, 2018, 05:51:28 AM »

I have just purchased my first Ultrasaber, an Emerald Aeon v4 with sound.

So far, it's been working great, but I've only had it for a few days now, and already the soundboard has started to do weird things:

At around 2.5 seconds into the background hum on every sound font on my v4 board, there is a slight dimming in the sound. I know, "dimming" isn't the right technical term as this has to do with light, but that's what it is; the sound gets noticeably quieter, and then goes back to normal volume. I know that there is supposed to be a change in the sound that is just part of the soundfonts and the general sound of any lightsaber from the movies, but this is something different - I can tell the difference.

Also, across the entire background of all the soundfonts now, there is a faint crackle that I can tell is not just a crackling sound effect like on the Ancient Saber font, for example.

I'm 90% sure these things weren't something the saber came with; the Postal Service shipped it very well. The box was in immaculate condition when I got it. They could be something it came with, but the first time I noticed both of the issues was after the first time I had to charge the batteries (I opted for the saber without the recharge port because I'm not made of money, and at the time it seemed like an unnecessary expense)/change the pulse settings on my Emerald Driver.

I looked up Emory's video about how to take the battery pack/soundboard/Emerald Driver out, and did exactly what he did (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaNOtVX5rOU). I had to be a bit more forceful than I'd have liked to have been, because let me just say, those things are an absolute PAIN IN THE ASS to get out, and the thing just wouldn't budge when I was gentle. Once, since I've had to charge the batteries several times, I actually had to utilize the third option from this video (poking something long and thin around the emitter), because the Force is apparently VERY strong with my battery pack, and I had to do it even though I didn't want to, because I tried the first 2 options for a solid hour, and my battery pack just wasn't coming out. Is any of this what caused the problems?

Also, I opted for an ultra-edge heavy grade blade because I very much intend to use my saber in a full contact duel, and I've sparred against some trees at full strength to practice my Vaapad since I've had the saber, since I know you can do that with any heavy grade blade. Could this somehow have caused the issues?

How do I fix them, if I can?

Darth Trivius
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 07:23:20 AM »

My attempt do visually/audially show what is wrong:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J-m3b_24hRw_STIc7rskoXYULn8LMQeV/view?usp=sharing

Hope that helps.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 02:23:56 AM »

The 'dimming' you're describing seems to be more of a fade-in, fade-out, and sounds perfectly normal to me.
All of mine do it. I think it's to more mimic what can be heard on screen some times.

As to the battery pacl thing, I have glued a strip of ribbon to the battery pack in a couple of my customs to make removing it easier

Darth Trivius
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 03:27:46 AM »

Thanks for the advice.

What about that weird crackle, though?

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 08:31:20 PM »

Not hearing anything odd in your video.
And least not to my ears.
May just be the speaker and pommel combo doing that

Darth Trivius
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 01:22:19 AM »

Or maybe that's just me being overly particular.

Helseno
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 04:16:38 AM »

Or maybe that's just me being overly particular.

so I may not be of any help but i hear what your hearing in the video. I have a aeon V3 and dominix V4  one with lite sound and one with premium sound and it doesn't do this. 3 things. if they are AAA batteries my sound does start to fade when they start to die. (my rechargeable doesn't do that) i would never suggest AAA's for a sound or emerald setup. 2. if you take the pummel off does it dimm aswell?
3. i have already dropped my while spinning so many times so i can atest to there durability. that being said maybe your speaker/speaker wires are damaged if it crackles and dimms in the same spot in the tone it could be damaged in a spot on the speaker that would generate that tone. think car speakers blown out you may only here it blown on a deep base.

Darth Trivius
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 06:29:27 AM »

So I'm not insane? Excellent!

1. No AAAs; I have the Li-ion setup.

2. Yes. It's actually louder with the pommel off.

3. I couldn't tell you if any of my wires are damaged, but if they are, does US typically cover things like this, or am I SOL when it comes to the soundboard? If it's not covered, how do I fix it myself?

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 10:58:03 AM »

Your saber has a one year warranty - all of it. Smiley

If there's a quality issue or concern though, it's kind of between you and UltraSabers customer service.  They can be reached here: customerservice@ultrasabers.com.

Include your order number (found on your US account page), and a full description of the issue (perhaps even a vid). 

I've never heard of a usb port taking damage either, so maybe you do have a thing...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Trivius
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 06:36:41 PM »

Alright. Just sent out the email.

Thanks for the help!

Madness
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 02:46:25 AM »

The 'dimming' you're describing seems to be more of a fade-in, fade-out, and sounds perfectly normal to me.
All of mine do it. I think it's to more mimic what can be heard on screen some times.

As to the battery pacl thing, I have glued a strip of ribbon to the battery pack in a couple of my customs to make removing it easier
this is brilliant and I'm so doing this!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: