Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: New addition to the family  (Read 6545 times)
Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2018, 12:06:40 AM »

Wow another sweetie with an even more pronounced " M ".  I had one similar to yours and called it Mineau.  Probably spelling that French word incorrectly and she really responded to Minnow ( small fish ) just as well.

Hope that you have many years of joy with your new family member.  Smiley

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2018, 12:09:39 AM »

Hope that you have many years of joy with your new family member.  Smiley
Thanks. I will do. Once I get her out from under the sofa. Got to take to the vet on Saturday. 5 months old and the previous owners never took her to the vet!!  Shocked At least now she will get the vaccinations she needs and a health check. Gonna start putting her food in the pet carrier over the next few days so she gets used to being in there.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2018, 12:28:44 AM »

My favorite cat Romeo or Roman hid in my apartment storage room for most of a week... almost like I didn't have a kitten.  Left the food and litter box in different areas within that space.  After that he came out and was my best fur ball friend ever and I still miss him a lot.

Make sure that you share ongoing photos.  That's wonderful that Ripley is going to get great care and love.  Smiley

point worthy  Cool

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2018, 10:55:22 AM »

So, I was unable to get the kitten I originally wanted. The woman (who I work with) told me that the mother has become a little depressed by her other kittens being taken away. plus she and her kids have bonded with the kitten, so they changed their mind about selling her. I was a wee bit annoyed as she could have given me a heads up, rather than replying to my message THE DAY BEFORE I was due to get her.

But no matter. Through the magic of the internet I have just got a new kitten today. She's 5 months old and got her from an Asian family. I am sticking with the name Ripley though. She is currently hiding underneath the sofa.

She is beautiful!! Congrats.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2018, 07:28:48 PM »

Well, that didn't take long. I have a purring kitten, playing with my fingers, rubbing against my arm and leg and wanting affection. Only took about 5 mins of sitting on the floor next to the sofa for her to come out and start to bond with me.

I feel like she may not have received a lot of affection round her previous owners as she REALLY seems to want love and affection, which I am only too happy to give.

She still is a little wary of every noise coming from outside (traffic going by, doors closing etc). But she turned her back on me while eating which is a sign that she trusts me and she has started kneading the carpet whenever I'm around.

Definitely a good start.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2018, 08:44:19 PM »

She's adorable, congrats Darth Knox!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2018, 05:53:25 PM »

Adorable.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: