Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Kyber Crystal Blade plug V.2  (Read 2282 times)
ryanjh55
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 11

« on: July 04, 2018, 09:39:31 PM »

Hey guys here is a video of the plugs with a link to the photos since some people were asking how they were made. Also available on eBay if you want one, if eBay is not your thing you can PayPal me directly. Thanks for your awesome feedback.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WoKLUbLxqXM

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=39159.0

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 10:03:16 PM »

Great stuff, ryan. I also applaud you for giving out info on your parts as well.  Most people elsewhere wouldn’t do it

Madness
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 10:23:44 PM »

I appreciate the video, I ordered the parts for my design idea. I'll post when completed thanks for the inspiration. I'll also share my design idea and how I did if it works, my goal is to fully suspend the crystal with nothing on it in the middle of the tube. Something tells me this is going to fail greatly because I've not seen one that floats like I'm going to try to do lol. What caps do you use? I was planning on cutting and shapping EVA foam to match my concept but I love your top cap idea. Also if I decide to sell, I will not undercut anyone one here I will match your price so it's up to the person what style they want and not a what's cheaper. I will also give away a few here once I've made back my initial cost investment as a thank you to all the customizers.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 10:55:46 PM »

I appreciate the video, I ordered the parts for my design idea. I'll post when completed thanks for the inspiration. I'll also share my design idea and how I did if it works, my goal is to fully suspend the crystal with nothing on it in the middle of the tube. Something tells me this is going to fail greatly because I've not seen one that floats like I'm going to try to do lol. What caps do you use? I was planning on cutting and shapping EVA foam to match my concept but I love your top cap idea. Also if I decide to sell, I will not undercut anyone one here I will match your price so it's up to the person what style they want and not a what's cheaper. I will also give away a few here once I've made back my initial cost investment as a thank you to all the customizers.

Floating crystal is a good idea and I can't wait to see how you'll pull it off.  Maybe you can use something like this to help suspend the crystal?

http://www.michaels.com/ook-invisible-hanging-wire/10198675.html?cm_mmc=PLASearch-_-google-_-MICH_National_PLA_Shopping_Null_Null_All+Products_General-_-All-Products&gclid=CjwKCAjw4PHZBRA-EiwAAas4ZjbPHsRdIQrkSDd15Sk3RbdyFpqm-u3k2vvI0Oy18nAHL8R0OCkKFxoC1f8QAvD_BwE

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 12:41:46 AM »

You know, they make this stuff called fishing line? Tensile strength anywhere from 2 lbs. up to 36 lbs. Clear, colored, solid, weaved, braided, etc. I was thinking of getting some fluorescent (green, blue or red) to make a spiderweb style weave in a blade plug to give a laser-like effect, I just don't have the patience to design it out. 

But to make a suspended crystal in a blade plug fishing line could be an option.

Even fiber-optic cable could be an option. Bit pricier though.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 01:47:34 AM »

You know, they make this stuff called fishing line? Tensile strength anywhere from 2 lbs. up to 36 lbs. Clear, colored, solid, weaved, braided, etc. I was thinking of getting some fluorescent (green, blue or red) to make a spiderweb style weave in a blade plug to give a laser-like effect, I just don't have the patience to design it out. 

But to make a suspended crystal in a blade plug fishing line could be an option.

Even fiber-optic cable could be an option. Bit pricier though.

Awesome ideas, I'll share what I end up going with even if it fails. My apologies Ryanj for taking away attention from your thread was not my intent. Right now I'm testing different materials and ideas to see what works and can handle the heat of the LED safely without risk of melting.

ryanjh55
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 09:29:19 PM »

Awesome ideas, I'll share what I end up going with even if it fails. My apologies Ryanj for taking away attention from your thread was not my intent. Right now I'm testing different materials and ideas to see what works and can handle the heat of the LED safely without risk of melting.

HAHA you better send me some freebies!!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 05:55:18 AM »

Me too!  Haha, just kidding, I'm one for supporting great work and keeping R&D going so let me know when you two have something up that I can buy.

ryanjh55
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 09:22:58 PM »

Me too!  Haha, just kidding, I'm one for supporting great work and keeping R&D going so let me know when you two have something up that I can buy.

did you buy one of mine yet? could do with a nice unboxing/review video.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 11:54:55 PM »

did you buy one of mine yet? could do with a nice unboxing/review video.

Just PM'd you

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 07:05:49 AM »

Hi everyone.  I need to send you a friendly reminder that no member is allowed to be openly advertising or selling their wares on this Forum which is owned by Ultra Sabers.  The only exceptions are those members that have received permission from either co-owners Alex ( Ultra ) or Emory ( Deep ).  Currently these are Drahcir for saber customizations, Sedsti Skyfaller for 3D printing and Jediseth for sound fonts.

Please use the PM feature for further related communication.  Thanks.  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 04:47:14 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 05:00:56 PM »

Hehe, i hope to right now during the r&d phase I am about 75 in the hole.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 05:33:47 PM »

Apologies and got it

ryanjh55
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 11:13:51 PM »

Hi everyone.  I need to send you a friendly reminder that no member is allowed to be openly advertising or selling their wares on this Forum which is owned by Ultra Sabers.  The only exceptions are those members that have received permission from either co-owners Alex or Emory.  Currently these are Drahcir for saber customizations, Sedsti Skyfaller for 3D printing and Jediseth for sound fonts.

Please use the PM feature for further related communication.  Thanks.  Smiley

sorry, didn't know, thanks for the heads up

ryanjh55
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 07:00:21 PM »

Put together a new design, ran i trial photos coming soon

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: