Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: J.o.E. LSC - Our curriculum  (Read 4783 times)
Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« on: July 04, 2018, 09:52:21 PM »

I've had quite a few people ask how we train the " Forms ". So, we've been using multiple arts as our " key " of translation. Namely, Kali ( 3 versions ), Baguazhang and MeiHuaQuan with a Jeet Kune Do Mindset. ( which means if we find something useful from a different art, we will train it, then use it. )  I was curious to find out if the community would like to see our take on it. We train using much less " Forms/Kata/Dulon " training and use the JKD/Kali approach of drilling for Muscle Memory / Muscle Auto Response / Coordination Training. We plan on sharing our online curriculum in the beginning of 2019, after our two film projects are done. In any case, here are some templates for our first couple of lesson plans from each Form. This is only forms 1 - 6. All Forms eventually break into a very specific set of skills that are required to be mastered and then tested. Application being the final test phase.

Warning, picture strafing run incoming.

It took almost 3 years, but I have a Battlemaster trained and ready to help me with tutorials if there is an interest. With so many different approaches to it I figured I would offer ours. Figured I would share the text before any physical training.

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 12:29:05 AM »

Thanks... but I'd much rather watch you show us lol.  Hit.. slash.. attack.. SWEET  Wink

appreciation point  Cool

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 07:21:44 PM »

Hey Ryan ... thanks for sharing your knowledge here ... it is really interesting Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 06:41:11 AM »

That's awesome! Looks like a lot of thought, time and effort went into this. I would love to see video tutorials of all of it. Once again your dedication  to what you do is very inspirational.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 02:20:31 PM »

Training and editing R.W. S2...(daunting task atm)

In that order. Have to keep the mind sharp! Anyway, posted this for some Students from E.M.A. as well as some J.o.E. LSC members as a reference. Figured I would share it here as well. Running through some basic Sinwalli on the Skeleton. In the beginning you'll see my favorite coordination drill to teach my kids ages 6 - 10. Gets their minds to " cross center " and create new neural pathways that helps coordinate them much faster. (Makes both sides of the Brain communicate better at younger ages, works great for any age with that being said.)

Next time I'll use some heavy grade blades and my ole' v2's... hope you enjoy! Any excuse to train!!!!!

This is one of the Arts we use in our Jar'Kai training. The other being Meihuaquan.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wzHMp3fE3s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b></b></a>

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 03:05:57 AM »

Training and editing R.W. S2...(daunting task atm)

In that order. Have to keep the mind sharp! Anyway, posted this for some Students from E.M.A. as well as some J.o.E. LSC members as a reference. Figured I would share it here as well. Running through some basic Sinwalli on the Skeleton. In the beginning you'll see my favorite coordination drill to teach my kids ages 6 - 10. Gets their minds to " cross center " and create new neural pathways that helps coordinate them much faster. (Makes both sides of the Brain communicate better at younger ages, works great for any age with that being said.)

Next time I'll use some heavy grade blades and my ole' v2's... hope you enjoy! Any excuse to train!!!!!

This is one of the Arts we use in our Jar'Kai training. The other being Meihuaquan.

Very nice! I just moved next to a park with a swing set that has very similar dimensions to your training skeleton. I was looking at it the other day and it made me think of you. I think I will start using it the way you are using the skeleton. Seems like a great training tool. Thanks for the ideas and constant inspiration.   

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Noumcea
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 03:08:06 PM »

I am very interested in seeing the writing turn into lessons.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 07:47:38 PM »

I am very interested in seeing the writing turn into lessons.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 02:05:29 AM »

Should be sometime in early 2019. Once we have our two other projects wrapped up.

Also, had a couple people asks what the numbers are about. Simply refer to the first page.

Everything leads back to " Shii-Cho "

Or Basics Smiley

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 11:43:49 AM »

Like Obi-wan's Journal Second Edition Smiley
There's such an atmosphere in handwritten texts in the age of screens, I love it!

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2018, 01:04:25 PM »

Some examples of things we will be covering in the beginning. The time Frame may have moved up a little bit. We are going to cover the Coordination drills before going into our version of Forms Training. Combat application comes later. Way later. Coordination and Footwork first. Smiley

It will cover more than just Sabers as well. Im keeping the video's unlisted, as it will only be for this community.   US exclusive.  Grin Grin Grin

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uHjQUXJCi0&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b></b></a>

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 02:17:53 AM »

Was able to get part one of three done while the crew was over filming some R.W.

Anyone who joins our LSC starts with the Coordination Lessons before we delve into the Forms Training.

Two more in the works. Hope you enjoy.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C5LzjSizfg&amp;t=5s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b></b></a>

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 12:09:59 PM »

That's a seriously awesome training set, Master Resolute! Thank you for sharing and looking forward to the upcoming videos!

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 02:58:03 PM »

Much appreciated!

Had a lengthy post to add but, in hindsight i'm just going to work on the next one.  Wink

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 12:22:53 AM »

I've had quite a few people ask how we train the " Forms ". So, we've been using multiple arts as our " key " of translation. Namely, Kali ( 3 versions ), Baguazhang and MeiHuaQuan with a Jeet Kune Do Mindset. ( which means if we find something useful from a different art, we will train it, then use it. )  I was curious to find out if the community would like to see our take on it. We train using much less " Forms/Kata/Dulon " training and use the JKD/Kali approach of drilling for Muscle Memory / Muscle Auto Response / Coordination Training. We plan on sharing our online curriculum in the beginning of 2019, after our two film projects are done. In any case, here are some templates for our first couple of lesson plans from each Form. This is only forms 1 - 6. All Forms eventually break into a very specific set of skills that are required to be mastered and then tested. Application being the final test phase.

Warning, picture strafing run incoming.

It took almost 3 years, but I have a Battlemaster trained and ready to help me with tutorials if there is an interest. With so many different approaches to it I figured I would offer ours. Figured I would share the text before any physical training.
That's awesome, I have been studying Yin family style bagua for 2 years along with kali and practical Wing Chun. I get private lessons on weapons training like bostaff, Sticks, 3sectional staff knife karambit and just started sword. Practical Wing Chun I take in NYC, my greatest help is my movement in bagua I believe. Really happy to be a part of this community very excited to grow with everyone here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: