Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond Lost Gray- turns on, soundboard seems OK, no light  (Read 1490 times)
revenantdsm
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -8

« on: July 09, 2018, 12:49:28 PM »

Hello all,
Tried to look around the forums but did not find any direct answer to this.

So, recharged batteries, put them back in, usual soundboard sounds etc- but no light being emitted at all.

Any ideas? Did not pull battery module out, I did nothing different than usual when I’ve recharged the batteries.

Thanks all!

EDIT: Ran diagnostic , no errors- reset factory defaults, just in case- again, all gestures and sounds seem ok, just no light being emitted. Could it be the LED(s) itself..?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 07:24:05 PM »

Could be either the LED or a loose wire. That can happen even if the battery pack hasn't been moved.

I assume you have a recharge port when you haven't pulled out the battery pack? And you haven't changed the colour settings on the saber before?

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

revenantdsm
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 06:55:03 PM »

I should clarify, no recharge port- I unscrew the pommel and gently pull out the battery pack just enough to swap the batteries in and out.

Thank you for the info, I may need to send it in fr service as I am not that technically proficient, sounds like.

Again, thanks!

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 11:01:19 AM »

Did you make sure to use the same battery type when you swapped them? Remember, Diamond (as well as Obsidian v3, v4 and Emerald) only works properly with the included Li-Ion batteries  -14500 size, PCB protected, 3.7V per cell! If you try to use rechargeable AA batteries, you will have the same phenomenon. Sound is okay, but you don't have light - simply because 2.4V from both batteries aren't enough to power the board and the LED simultaneously!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

revenantdsm
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 10:02:57 AM »

Did you make sure to use the same battery type when you swapped them? Remember, Diamond (as well as Obsidian v3, v4 and Emerald) only works properly with the included Li-Ion batteries  -14500 size, PCB protected, 3.7V per cell! If you try to use rechargeable AA batteries, you will have the same phenomenon. Sound is okay, but you don't have light - simply because 2.4V from both batteries aren't enough to power the board and the LED simultaneously!

Interesting! So the batteries were the original ones that came with it, which I have recharged previously- but I do have a second saber, which uses the same battery type and is working fine- I could easily swap the batteries around and see if it then works- which would indicate an issue with the batteries rather than the saber, eliminating one possibility either way.

Thank you for the info, I will definitely try that and see what happens.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 06:37:55 PM »

Try that! I'm looking forward to your results!

Just to be sure - you use a charger specifically designed for Li-Ion batteries for charging and not those for NiMH or Ni-Cd batteries?

Sig by Master Nero

Makubex
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

тнərə ιѕ no darĸ ѕιdə, nor lιgнт ѕιdə.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 11:00:45 PM »

Hello all,
Tried to look around the forums but did not find any direct answer to this.

So, recharged batteries, put them back in, usual soundboard sounds etc- but no light being emitted at all.

Any ideas? Did not pull battery module out, I did nothing different than usual when I’ve recharged the batteries.

Thanks all!

EDIT: Ran diagnostic , no errors- reset factory defaults, just in case- again, all gestures and sounds seem ok, just no light being emitted. Could it be the LED(s) itself..?

is your buckpuck connected properly? It could be a wire that's come loose and
It's not shooting the power to the led's also it could be that your power adapter isn't providing the
The proper MHz your led's require to operate...
don't take my word on it... this is just something it could be
And it could also possibly be that you didn't get it as an option for your saber and you might require one for your saber...

revenantdsm
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 12:37:49 AM »

so I swapped the batteries from my working lightsaber and VOILA! it works- so now I hae to find out if they did not recharge correctly, or simply need replacing- thank you all so much for your help!!!

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 04:11:34 AM »

Also, how do you have the charger hooked up? In a wall-wart, or direct into a usb on a computer? Plus, which charger do you have? UltraSabers sells 3 types, the basic one without overcharge protection, the mid grade which has the overcharge protection, and the X-Star VC2 plus, which has all the above plus a charge check indicator for each slot. If you have the basic charger, you may have damaged one of the batteries due to overcharging, or one of the batteries may be bad and didn't take a full charge.

If all else fails and you have access to a volt meter, you can check to see which battery is causing the problem.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: