Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Kyber crystal blade plug free floating (Now I see why people don't do this)  (Read 6238 times)
Madness
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2018, 01:20:09 PM »

Did a new one last night using Easy cast, its a 1x1 pour. I used Playdough to close the bottom that did not work well and it's bubble crazy but getting closer. We are trying in a pressure pot today will post results.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 01:43:16 PM »

Did a new one last night using Easy cast, its a 1x1 pour. I used Playdough to close the bottom that did not work well and it's bubble crazy but getting closer. We are trying in a pressure pot today will post results.

Madness, i love your work!  Pm'd you!

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 02:46:36 PM »

Madness, i love your work!  Pm'd you!

Thank's man, and I used https://www.amazon.com/Environmental-Technology-32-Ounce-Casting-Craft/dp/B0018N7M9U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531493032&sr=8-1&keywords=easycast was super easy to work with.. I learned that you pour first then set your crystal in place. I did a two part pour, the first set the crystal where I wanted it the second finished it up. There is no line doing it this way. I am going to try again tonight but will be using a heat gun to pop the bubbles and speed up curing hopefully Tongue Also I do other prop work if you guys are interested in watching me fail at making stuff with my buddy it can be seen here https://www.facebook.com/CRcosplayandprops/

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2018, 04:59:42 PM »

Thank's man, and I used https://www.amazon.com/Environmental-Technology-32-Ounce-Casting-Craft/dp/B0018N7M9U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531493032&sr=8-1&keywords=easycast was super easy to work with.. I learned that you pour first then set your crystal in place. I did a two part pour, the first set the crystal where I wanted it the second finished it up. There is no line doing it this way. I am going to try again tonight but will be using a heat gun to pop the bubbles and speed up curing hopefully Tongue Also I do other prop work if you guys are interested in watching me fail at making stuff with my buddy it can be seen here https://www.facebook.com/CRcosplayandprops/

Thanks brother!  I've ordered it and can't wait to toy around with it.  I'm already subbed to your Facebook page and I'm pretty impressed with the contents on there.  I've the artwork submitted by your great artists!  Point for you!

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2018, 08:41:01 PM »

Finally got results we can be happy with, the placement is not perfect and still a few things to mess with but it works. The concept is now real, next steps get a mold created so we can pour to size and put some better looking crystals in it and clean up the plastic tube with some Polish. And find a way to cap and focus the light into the crystal.The pressure pot got rid of all the bubbles and took about 6 hours at 60PSI sadly with all the failures and still not being perfect I won't be able to give any away. They will be up on ebay at some point but still not happy with the product and want to do heat testing etc to make sure there is no risk to someones saber.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2018, 09:53:23 PM »

I’ll buy one

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2018, 09:57:17 PM »

I’ll buy one

Cool I'll let ya know when done, and I'll give you a deal. Thanks for your support. I'm hoping to have them ready for production by the end of next month. I'm doing stress testing and heat testing and stuff. And also trying a few things like adding swirls of color and I might try some bakers glitter lol

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2018, 04:49:10 PM »

Cool I'll let ya know when done, and I'll give you a deal. Thanks for your support. I'm hoping to have them ready for production by the end of next month. I'm doing stress testing and heat testing and stuff. And also trying a few things like adding swirls of color and I might try some bakers glitter lol

Awesome, let me know!  Can’t wait to see them in action and I like your future ideas for them.  I may or may not want to see the glitter one... lol

And anytime my friend, your work’s phenominal as always

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 08:44:22 AM »

Please use PM's for any related purchases that are not directly from Ultra Sabers.  Thanks.  Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2018, 04:51:54 PM »

Will do, apologies

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2018, 04:58:37 PM »

Got it my apologies won't happen again.

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2018, 10:45:51 PM »

Getting closer to the final product, we have removed the tube and built a mold so it's tube free and can be seen easier.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2018, 03:38:14 AM »

Looking really good, Madness.  I like how this one came out but I’m oretty sure,
Being the perfectionist that you are, you want it much clearer

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2018, 09:03:46 PM »

Looking really good, Madness.  I like how this one came out but I’m oretty sure,
Being the perfectionist that you are, you want it much clearer

You are correct it's garbage lol we are designing a 3d printed base and crystal then we will create a mold from that and try again. The original plan was simple and we figured out how to do that. But now it's time to really design something cool. The final goal will be to have no cap and defuse the light enough that you can look down and see a glowing crystal without going blind. That way windows or not you can see the crystal. By removing the need for the tube we have given ourselves more room to create.

The amount of hours into this and research and development is approaching silly. But my buddy and I have decided we are not backing down till it's perfect! We are excited and hope you guys end up liking what we complete.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2018, 11:35:47 AM »

Great to hear, Madness!  I like how you started with a platform and during your process, you ditched the original idea and fabricated a mold to work with to achieve something better.  I look forward to seeing the final product, it's definitely a great effort and research time is timeless anyhow.   

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: