Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Reviews from more "practical" point of view  (Read 4603 times)
AstraVlad
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

« on: July 09, 2018, 08:32:09 PM »

Hi!

I'm new to this forum, so excuse me in advance if I posted it in a wrong place. I've read and watched (on Youtube) a lot of reviews of different lightsabers but they are mostly focused on their appearance and sound and say nothing about handling or how they perform in a combat. Are there any sources of that kind of information?

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 08:49:46 PM »

There are a lot, particularly in the older "text" reviews in the "reviews" section.

If you're curious about a specific hilt, you can also pop into the "questions" forum and ask about it specifically.  You will likely get several answers - and more opinions. :-)

For myself, if you're looking mainly for good handling, you're best to stick to the Aeon/Dominix V4s or the Sentinel/Dark Sentinel V4s.  For a little more money the Prophecy is also a very good handling hilt as is the Catalyst and Dark Catalyst. 

I love the Dark Catalyst I have, I ordered it with a Scorpion MHS pommel and just feels amazing and is very easy on the hands, but my go-to dueling saber will probably always be an Aeon V4.  :-)  With an Archon pommel for a little more hilt-weight and length.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 08:51:30 PM »

Welcome to the forum

If you use the search function (magnifying glass) you should be able to find some discussions on the subject. Also go check out the The Way of the Saber/Saber Combat pages. Lastly, the Masters are a great resource, ask them questions and they will gladly give you info.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

AstraVlad
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 11:46:50 AM »

Many thanks! It turns out I did nothing wrong by ordering Dark Prophecy (it was so appealing that I just could not resist). I think I'll go for an Aeon and Dark Initiate (I like it look as well) next time.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 07:46:43 PM »

Many thanks! It turns out I did nothing wrong by ordering Dark Prophecy (it was so appealing that I just could not resist). I think I'll go for an Aeon and Dark Initiate (I like it look as well) next time.

The Prophecy is a good choice, many forum members swear by it in terms of comfort and maneuverability.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 05:39:52 PM »

If you get an Aeon/Dominix or Initiate of the v4 line, I highly recommend that you do not get the emitter windows. No because they look bad, more because for functionality or practicality, they are a bit annoying.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 02:01:22 PM »

If you get an Aeon/Dominix or Initiate of the v4 line, I highly recommend that you do not get the emitter windows. No because they look bad, more because for functionality or practicality, they are a bit annoying.

Agreed.  I find a Dominix or Aeon V4 without windows, using a heavy-grade blade, pivots around that first choke point (where the windows are cut) making that the natural grip point on the hilt.  Without the windows its perfect.  With, they can be rough on the hands.  Though if you have one with windows I found that an emory board (nail file) applied to the edges of the windows to smooth them is a great solution.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

AstraVlad
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 04:05:22 PM »

Many thanks for the advice! I'll keep it in mind.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 05:27:34 AM »

The Prophecy is my favortie hilt, it's great for dueling and spinning, very comfortbale.  There's a reason why my custom title is "Mentor of the Prophecy Order"  Grin

Also, I mention comfort and usage in all of my saber reviews https://www.youtube.com/prowl1701

Darth Davester
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

Dark Side Points, please

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 08:12:25 AM »

The Prophecy is my favortie hilt, it's great for dueling and spinning, very comfortbale.  There's a reason why my custom title is "Mentor of the Prophecy Order"  Grin

Also, I mention comfort and usage in all of my saber reviews https://www.youtube.com/prowl1701

I ordered my Dark Prophecy yesterday and I always thought they were cool and I must say, your videos helped solidify my decision.

I blame you, Prowl.

Thank you  Grin

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

Arsenal:
Dark Apprentice LE v5 Banes Heart Stunt-incoming
Dark Arbiter Consular Green Stunt
Dark Prophecy v3 Blazing Red Obsidian v4
Dark Sentinel LE v4 Arctic Blue Stunt

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: