Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Costumes and Props  (Read 1308 times)
TempestatemX
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -70

"I am who I am, no more, no less!" Nartris Sithis

« on: July 15, 2018, 07:09:05 AM »

I have been recently upgrading my various props and costume for my LARP. I am shocked that the quality of props and materials have significantly reduced and the prices have skyrocketed.
Is there no balance any more! I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about this and If you know any websites or places where good quality props for a reasonable price can be obtained.
Personally, it feels that it is becoming harder to find that good quality, without having to resort to scandalous prices.

An example, I purchased my first Holo-communicator for £125.00, It is made of metals and actually lights up and has sound effects. But sadly has sustained damage over the years.
I went looking for a new one and finally found one being sold, it is plastic and does not even have effects and does not look that great and it's going for £618.00 and that is without the shipping.

May knowledge and understanding be your guide!

If they stand behind you, protect them.
If they stand beside you, respect them.
If they stand against you, defeat them.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 03:20:52 PM »

Check the Costume Buying Guide.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11068.0

Darthpasquin
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

Fear is my compass, it drives me forward.

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 03:15:03 PM »

I think sites like Etsy have been both a blessing and a curse, blessing for obvious reason, more artists out there making some $ but also more people saying they can provide certain quality just to make sales where they are not as skilled or not using the quality materials they should be.  I always look at reviews and make sure there is a good return policy so at least I can get my $ back if the item is crap.
As for costs... keep searching I suppose 😓 or make a friend who is handy and making stuff and figure out how your old one was made Smiley

One passionate Sith.
Dark side points appreciated 🤓

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: